Monsoon nightmares - Manav article

* ~ Roshni ~ * thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Monsoon nightmares
By: Tushar Joshi
July 4, 2007

They've all had their share of rain-filled horror stories. Telly stars recall their worst monsoon experiences

Stuck in a car for 18 hours, going without food for an entire day, spending the night on the rooftop of a bus: These are just some of the stories telly actors tell us when tragedy stuck Mumbai during the 26/7 deluge.

Shooting around the clock, these actors brave odd weathers to complete commitments. Here's looking at some of their most painful memories of the Mumbai monsoon.

Rakshanda Khan
(Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi)

The biggest nightmare that I can think of happened during the 26/7 deluge. I remember being stuck in my car for 17 hours! It looked like the entire city had turned into some kind of flood zone.

Phones lines were down, traffic had come to a standstill and the weather had brought the city to its knees.

But even amidst all this, it was heart-warming to see people take to the streets and help those in need. I hope none of us will have to go through that experience again.
Manav Gohil
(Paraya Dhan)

My worst memory was when Shweta (Kawaatra, his wife) was stuck in the rains during the monsoon deluge of 26/7. I remember being restless and unable to sleep the entire night.

Even though I was indoors, I was restless because Shweta was shooting in Powai and didn't come home that night. I don't think I've ever been more stressed and worried in my life.

It was really sad to see people stuck on the streets and families suffering during the heavy rains.

Twinkle Bajpai
(Betiyaan)

I think nothing can beat the 26/7 deluge. I remember going for the costume trials of Zee's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa that morning.

Our bus got stuck at Jogeshwari in the floods. We were getting reports that the entire city was underwater.

I remember spending around 17 hours in the bus without food or water. It was really scary.

There were dead bodies of animals floating in the night and it became very scary as the water entered the bus, right till our knees. We had to climb onto the roof of the bus and sit there.
Sharad Kelkar
(Saat Phere)

For me, the most painful memory would have to be the day Keerti and I spent the entire day on the roads without food and water.

I was shooting at Film City for Saat Phere and we were filming a fight sequence. This was on 26/7, and funnily enough we had asked for a tanker to use artificial rain in the scene!

We never used it as it started raining quite heavily. After some time, Keerti came on the sets to pick me up since she was using our car. We left Film City and got stuck at Oshiwara.

We spent some three hours just standing on the road without any food. Luckily, my car wasn't damaged and it survived the onslaught.
Divyanka Tripathi
(Banoo Main Teri Dulhann)

This incident happened just a few days back when we were shooting at Aksa beach, Madh.

Mid-way through the shoot, some local people informed us that during high tide the water comes in from the sea and fills up the entire area. However, none of us took the warning seriously.

Then, all of a sudden, while we were in the middle of a shot, the sea water filled up the entire stretch where we were shooting!

All of us were in knee-deep water and people were running around picking up the props and set material.It was quite crazy, but it also felt amazing to see everyone unite and help each other.