Balaji Telefilms launches "Khwaish"

Dark Love thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 years ago
Balaji Telefilms launches 'Khwaish' for Ary Digital
Monday - Jul 02, 2007
Televisionpoint.com Correspondent
Ary Digital, a South Asian television network, has introduced a soap titled 'Khwaish', produced by Balaji Telefilms Ltd for viewers in Pakistan and the Middle East. This would be the first time that Balaji Telefilms is creating some thing for the international markets. The show was launched on June 25, 2007.

"We are proud to have furthered our growth into the international markets. This show gives us an opportunity to create a production that is closer home for audiences in the Middle East and Pakistan, something they can feel a part of." R Karthik, CEO, Balaji Telefilms, said.

After successes like 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi', 'Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki', 'Kusumm', 'Kasauti Zindagi Ki', 'Kasam Se', and others, Balaji is very excited about 'Khwaish' and how it would perform in Pakistan and the Middle East.

Yasar Khan, Vice-President, Production & Acquisitions, Ary Digital Network, said, "'Khwaish' is a programme made by the people who have revolutionised this genre of TV viewing amongst South Asians, and now we are proud to introduce this as an international project specially made from the lifestyle and customs of viewers in the Middle East and Pakistan."

A family drama, 'Khwaish' is the tale of a young girl named Afreen, who belongs to a middle class family. Being the eldest daughter of the family, responsibilities fall directly on her shoulders when her elder brother settles separately and her father is forced to retire. With great composure, she copes with these new challenges in her life, but not without worrying about her own future.

'Khwaish' has been shot and produced entirely in the UAE. It comprises a cross border mix of well-known stars and newcomers. Priya Ashok Bathija plays the lead protagonist 'Afreen', while Syed Yasir Shah, a new talent cast from Pakistan, is Azaan. Anju Mahendru, Indraneel Bhattacharya, and Sumeet Sachdav lend their talents in vital roles, along with Mohammad Behzaad Khan, Ekta Sharma, Aradhana Uppal, Avinash Vijaykumar Sachdev, Zarin Roshan and Anwar Khan.

Source: http://www.televisionpoint.com/news2007/newsfullstory.php?id =1183393398

Sorry if posted already😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing

pakistani dramas are no longer as amaizing as they used to be before...all that was left was the arrival of kekta kapoor and her balaji kamp..ab yeh bhi ho gaya

thank god i dont have ary...i wont be watching this 1

hope those of u who look 4ward to this drama enjoy it
Shirley thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
tfs! πŸ˜ƒ
i agree wid da above..seeing ekta's serials on indian telly..i'm not too keen on da pakistani ones πŸ˜•
Sobia83 thumbnail
I think it is sad to see too many Indian actors in this serial. Normally Pakistani actors are in main lead and it is more fun to watch, since they are better actors.

I do not know why we do co-productions, when Pakistanies are treated like 2nd class actors.
destinyz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
does anyone know the"" story"" of this serial.. i mean apart from the whole rich boy poor girl hurdles in love triangle,quadrangles galore....

middle class values girl- rich as croseus guy story is sooo passe its not even funny any more... πŸ˜•
rose_love thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ab tu bhol hi jao that this serial would ever end 😑 but thanks for sharing πŸ˜›
toggle123 thumbnail
Good Serial ....
In the serial some Gazal type song played as background music does anyone know the title of that song .I heard this song many times but did'nt know its title and from what movie..
thanks.. πŸ˜ƒ
Dark Love thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: toggle123

Good Serial ....
In the serial some Gazal type song played as background music does anyone know the title of that song .I heard this song many times but did'nt know its title and from what movie..
thanks.. πŸ˜ƒ

The song is "Afreen Afreen" by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan😊