Muqadas - showing wrong things?

amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

I really really love the drama Muqadas... and I think the story is really nice.

But the thing I want to discuss in the thread is, whether it is right to show things they're showing in the serial. For example, Shavaiz and Maira sleep with each other, although they ain't married. And then, Shavaiz goes with Mehvish, although they're not married, either. I don't know what's going to happen next but I think Shavaiz and Mehvish are also going to sleep with each other. Mehvish, who comes from such a religious family, is forgetting everything and just going out with a man whom she loves but doesn't even know him properly. I understand that she wants freedom, but I think this thing is a little too far-fetched cuz it's not possible that a family who's SO religious will leave their daughter without any mehrum.

Anyways, what do you think? Is it right to show open relationships in dramas , despite the fact that open relationships really are becoming a trend in Pakistan, too. isn't it giving 'children' a wrong impression?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

silkmina thumbnail
yes this iz liberattion of paki media ......iz it down the hill or up time shall tell.....GOD BLESS PAKISTAN
atifaslam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i totally agree amy
although i have to say a few things. it is ok for mehvish to want to marry a person of her own choice instead of a forced marriage but there is a legal way to go about it instead of throwing herself onto shaveiz.
as for shaveiz he is a double timing loser who is only here to have fun with girls outside pakistan. maira is so oblivious to shavaiz's playboy image.
mehvish is the cheapest woman representation i have seen on tv, including the western channels. she might as well work in the po*n movies. she has drunk, wants to sleep with shaveiz and what not.
i dont see how this silly murshid/mureed thing is being promoted. i mean no body can be named "holy/muqadas". i mean the real essence of religioun can be with anybody and that person is close to almighty but that person has no significance for others. this all "paak bibian" and muqadas and sacred shit is really getting on my nerves. they are making these women look like some god sent women, inawoozubillah. this thing doesnt exist in our religion.
they are showing all the freaking misunderstaing of our religion in this silly serial.
i really really really really hope they show a lesson at the end of the drama or else this drama will be good for nothing if it cant convey a message.
noorejahaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i'm sure they're showing all of this in the drama for some sort of social or moral purpose/message..otherwise i don't think the drama would have been aired! i've only seen a few episodes of it, and my first impression was that it was really weird..and a bit creepy 😆 then again, it just started in Canada, and i've heard so much about it, so i'm sure it will improve! 😳
c85rie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
From the very beginning Mehvish's character has come out as a sort of freakish one. I don't see any innocence, any spiritual inclination in her. All I see is a selfish and spoilt woman who is in love with the idea of being in love. I could at least understand her feeling in the beginning when they showed the restrictions she faced and how she was not suited to that atmosphere, but now I am sort of disgusted by her. More than the drinks, the discos what I am disgusted is how she has defined that the freedom from all that restrictions is through a man. The only reason I still watch this drama is in the hope that one of these days they are going to show the meaning of all these going ons.
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: c85rie

From the very beginning Mehvish's character has come out as a sort of freakish one. I don't see any innocence, any spiritual inclination in her. All I see is a selfish and spoilt woman who is in love with the idea of being in love. I could at least understand her feeling in the beginning when they showed the restrictions she faced and how she was not suited to that atmosphere, but now I am sort of disgusted by her. More than the drinks, the discos what I am disgusted is how she has defined that the freedom from all that restrictions is through a man. The only reason I still watch this drama is in the hope that one of these days they are going to show the meaning of all these going ons.

Oh yes, how right you are. You put it very well.

I think people who have so many restrictions always see freedom in doing all wrong things. Mehvish has lived such a limited life that she doesn't know any limits anymore now that she's not behind those walls. Knowing no limits is freedom for her.

People, I have to tell you something. The "peeri-mureedi" thing is very normal and has its roots in our religion. Even the profit had murred as he was their murshad. "Peer" means a "teacher" and if he really is a good Muslim then there is no harm in having a peer. But the thing is, that nowadays her koi uth kay mmurshad ban'ne nikla hai. Cuz of people's superstition, the real meaning of "peeri-mureedi" has gone lost. people forget that even peer are human beings and also their women are normal human beings who also have a devil with them. Having a "peer-murshad" is not wrong but one should choose the right person for it, na kay aise hee koi sa bhi dabba peer murshad bana lo. It's people's lack of education and superstition that they fail to see what's really true and what isn't.

I think the "paak-bibian" thing is really exaggerated... aajkal koi nahi hota itna paak saaf. But I don't think that all women who live under such strict circumstances become that rebellious. These are only exceptions.

anees69 thumbnail
I am agree with u? Writer doesnt give concept clear, because they shows religious family but I cant understand if murshid baba solve other people problem why not solve their own problems. Murshid saeen send their wife for treatment to other religious people this thing not touch my feelings. And Mahwish role shows some extra thoughts. Shavez and Mahira role I cant believe this drama watching pakistani families and our young generation learn some thing wrong
zainu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i totally agree with you that they shouldnt show things like this in pakistani dramas. Especially if you are watching them with family. But then again i guess this stuff is happening in reality.
sania786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ok i agree these things do happen in reality... bt 4 god sake this so disgusting... the things they showing in muqadis is disgraceful... u cnt even watch ARY Dramas with ur family ... u feel embarrased ........... gosh wts happening in PK... paki drama makers hav lost it man... cnt believe it...
rose_love thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well i totally agree becuse they ar ecrossing thier limits 😡 which is eeeeeoooooo,,,,,,,, 😡

But Good Topic!!!!!