Deven Bhojanis family trip to Scandinavia

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Deven Bhojani's fun trip to Scandinavia with family

Deven Bhojani recently took a break from his 12 hours a day, 29 days a month shooting schedule for Baa Bahu Aur Baby. The actor took his wife, Jagruti and two daughters, Rahi and Heeram, to Scandinavia, Denmark, Norway and Sweden. They went on a tour organized by Raj Travels.

Deven says, "We went on a package holiday. It was a group of 12 of us. I went with my family and my best friends, Aatish Kapadia and JD Majithia came along with their families as well. It was good fun."

From cruises to visiting Santa Claus, the Bhojanis packed in as much as they could on their holiday. "One day we went on an overnight cruise. We really loved it and the scenic beauty was amazing. There are streams and waterfalls in Norway which are very beautiful. There is also the snow capped mountains and greenery. We roamed around in a boat among the mountains. There was a flock of sea eagles following our boat. So the kids threw bread and the birds would catch it before it fell into the water.

In another place we went to an ice bar where the whole place is made of ice. There were sofas, tables, a bar counter and even glasses made of ice. We had our mocktails and cocktails over there. They gave us special outfits to wear so that we didn't get chilly."

Revealing more about his wonderful experience, he adds, "There was a sea plane ride too. I had never even heard of it before I sat in it. It's like a helicopter that takes off from the sea- the runway is in the sea. It takes off and roams around. We got to see small islands and different boats all around. The plane was so small that only my family and I were accommodated on it. My daughter sat in front and became the copilot. It was a unique experience.

In Denmark, we went to the largest amusement park. When we went to Finland we visited a nice Santa Claus village where they say that Santa is alive. We took pictures with him and saw the Reindeer farms and sledges. There is a post office there were you can see thousands of cards and letters that all come for Santa Claus."

Deven continues, "Because we were in the Artic Circle, the days stretched on for very long. They sun would set at about midnight and sunrise was at 2:30 AM again. We hardly every saw the dark!

The planners organized lunches and dinners in Indian restaurants so we often banged into Indians who came up to me and praised me for my performance. There were people from Dubai and Pakistan who approached me."

And what about shopping? Of course we shopped a lot! The place was very expensive but we just couldn't resist. We bought all those stupid items that we could so easily buy here in Mumbai. My wife and I bought clothes while my daughters bought lots of toys, shoes, purses, clips and all. We spent around Rs 25,000 just on shopping."

Tuesday, 19 June, 2007

Edited by aransari2001us - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-aditi- thumbnail
wow for de very first time i saw all of der family pic...wht an hectic schedule 12hrs work??????main toh marr jaau agar itna kaam karu toh aur wohh bhi bina chutti...gud tht dey took de brk its really esential!thankings for sharing! 😃
crazy_lil_gurl thumbnail
thanks for sharing!! wow..cool..yup they deserve to take a break..and i saw their family pic for the first time too!! 😃

sara
priyankap thumbnail
deven is lookin so diff...
thnx for sharing

priya
fakira thumbnail
Thanks for the article.

But something is worng. He said that 12 ppl went, he and Atish and JD w/ families.

But the third family is not of Atish, he is Paresh Ganatra aka Praveenbhai and family.
wow thx for teh article and pix they r fab they wud have def njoyed it 😃