CuteFairy91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Discussion Of The Week

Hi.

This is the new discussion of the week, made by me. πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

We all know how to speak urdu, but how many here can actually write it and read it?

The last time I had Urdu as a course was in Pakistan. But I can read it, write it and speak it. 😳

Discussion Questions:

1) Can you read Urdu?

2) Can you write it?

3) Last time you actually had Urdu as a course?

4) Did you forget it?

5) Do you think we have to know how to read it and write it, if we already know how to speak it?

6) Any other comments?

Regards,

PSF & Pakistan's Future President! πŸ˜³πŸ˜† (Beware)

Edited by CuteFairy91 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saba23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i think u are right.. we should have some kind of lesson or something that can help people who don't know how to read or write. bczz there are lots of people who can speak but not write or read urdr. well even me sometimes have hard time to write something..
biatchali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
heyaaaa
gd discussion....i actully dont speak urdu at home considering im from mirpuri backgrounds....but as a child when i would go to mosques on saturday they would teach us urdu...plus ma moms family is mainly pathan and we cnt speak pushto so mom made sure we spoke urdu with them...i went 2 pak skool for a year when i woz 12 years of age...and i had learnt to read and write it quite fluently but whn i came bck to the uk..i 4gt it pretty much...then i took it up as my language gcse and i got a A* wohooo... then in collage i had decided to take it up on the side for a levals so itd increase my points but i gt kicked of the course cz apperntly we where a waste of space πŸ˜† and ive 4gten it once again....speak it well though...mind u at tymes i strt speaking it mix with phari...all urdu speaking people find that really ammusin 😳
and i do think all pakistanis should knw how to speak urdu..coz its a very very sweet languge ..but some1 also said 2 me urdu is arabics worst enemy..if u can speak urdu/phari/hindi...you will have difficulties speaking arbic(quran version) fluently..
i think its up to the individual wheta or nor they want to learn urdu...its a language that would do as good while where in pakistan but sadly if put down on ure CV in english countries it nt given as much regards as if u spoke spanish french or german..
anji thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
As for me i can read,write and talk in urdu cause urdu is my mother tounge.I think Pakistani people should know how to read urdu or even speak urdu as it's our national language. 😊 😊 by the way it's a good topic to discuss.
Edited by anji - 17 years ago
Qnz_diva thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
1) Can you read Urdu?
Yes

2) Can you write it?
Yesh but nt good at writing it

In Pakistan πŸ˜†

4) Did you forget it?
Nopeeeee

5) Do you think we have to know how to read it and write it, if we already know how to speak it?

I think we should know how to read and write our language becoz as a Pakistani we should be able to read and write Urdu...for ex reading Urdu magazine or newspaper.

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: CuteFairy91

Discussion Questions:

1) Can you read Urdu? Sorta...if i sound it out...but only because i can read arabic

2) Can you write it? If you write it, I can copy it...oh yea and I can write my name😳

3) Last time you actually had Urdu as a course? never

4) Did you forget it? jab seekha hi nahi toh bhullun kaise?

5) Do you think we have to know how to read it and write it, if we already know how to speak it? yea...i can speak it..but i wish i knew how to read/write it too

6) Any other comments?

Regards,

PSF & Pakistan's Future President! πŸ˜³πŸ˜† (Beware) never...election main jeetun gi...πŸ˜†

Word Count: 0

wini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Discussion Questions:

1) Can you read Urdu? bohat achi tarhaan

2) Can you write it? us say bhi achi tarhaanπŸ˜ƒ

3) Last time you actually had Urdu as a course? almost three yrs ago when i was in pak

4) Did you forget it? no wayyyyyyyyy......infact i just got some books from pakistan of wasif ali wasif....

5) Do you think we have to know how to read it and write it, if we already know how to speak it? ya i think that's gud if u know how to read it and write it./......cant really explain why bcoz abhi is mosibat say du chaar nahi hui kay na ati ho tu kiya hoπŸ˜†........but one thing i can say is if u know some Pakistani writers and their work u'll luv to learn how to read n write it in order to read their booksπŸ˜› bcoz they all r amazing writers

6) Any other comments? i know lots of those ppl who r living here in canada for last 2 yrs aur bohat fakhar say batatay hein kay they forget how to read and write it which is really bad.....n i hate them for that....but i also know lots of those ppl who actully born here and they learn from their parents how to read and write it.....so i think those jin ko is baat par fakhar hai unkay liyey sharam ka mukaam hai ........One more thing i wanna say is....jo yahan hain usko kiya kahein ab tu Pak mein loog aisi batein kartay hein.....if u turn on any music channel u wont be able to here any urdu there...... and i hate it....thats why i like mani and waqar who actually speaks urdu........I think urdu is the most sweetest language and we have to speak it wheneva we get chance.........i mean all of my frnds here r arabics and canadians so i hardly get chance to speak urdu here tht's why i said when eva u get chance......aur baqi ab mein kiya kahon sab ki apni marzi jo jo kuch bolna hahtay hai bolay....but they shudnt forget their language atleast

Word Count: 1

noorejahaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

1) Can you read Urdu?
Yes!

2) Can you write it?
Yes! although it takes me sooo long to figure out how to spell some words...😳

Never! lol..I learned to read and write it by myself mostly, and when I needed help my grandpa helped me..πŸ˜‰

4) Did you forget it?
..haha nope..I watch urdu t.v. shows daily, listen to urdu music, read urdu poetry..I don't think I could ever forget it..πŸ˜†

Yesss, of course! The 'mazaa' of reading urdu poetry IN urdu is totally different from reading it in roman script! Plus, when the words are written in urdu you can figure out how to pronounce all the words properly..😳

6) Any other comments?
Urdu is the best language ever..after Punjabi, of course!πŸ˜‰

Word Count: 1

modishh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
1) Can you read Urdu? yes..fortunately i do knw how to read urdu and i am glad..

2) Can you write it? i do know a lil bit how to write but now i am not as gud in writing as i was 4 yrs ago..

3) Last time you actually had Urdu as a course? 10th grade in pak..it was almost 3 yrs ago..

4) Did you forget it? to be honest..yes..i m ashamed of it but i hav to admit tht my urdu is getting poorer and poorer..even da speaking..now urdu gets mixed up wid Eng words and wehn i am speakin at home..i half speak in english and half in urdu..

5) Do you think we have to know how to read it and write it, if we already know how to speak it? absoloutely..i think v definitely hav to knw how to read..write and speak our mother tongue..to preserve our identity and to keep in mind where we came from..

6) Any other comments? Well..being a Pakistani..all of us shuld try to keep in touch wid Urdu and try to read novels if u think ur Urdu is going down..

aishiya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
1) Can you read Urdu?
Yes i do 😊

2) Can you write it?
yes i can write 😊

around 6 years ago.

4) Did you forget it?
alomst yes

yes i think all pakistanies should try to learn , how to write n read urdu.

6) Any other comments?

nop.

Regards,

1) Can you read Urdu?