Greed goddess!Aarti Singh aka Soni

dures thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Greed goddess!

Govinda's niece Aarti Singh, aka Soni in Maayka, polished off all the food required for three takes, in just one take. Shooting was stalled for two hours before more food could be bought, late at night

Slurp (burp!) : Aarti Singh

Aarti Singh aka Soni in Maayka is a die-hard foodie. The actress emptied a plate full of dal and rice in the very first take, when the scene was supposed to be shot over three long takes. The director was in a fix as it was late in the night and most of the restaurants were shut. The actors and the unit members had to wait for almost two hours for the food to be delivered again to the sets.

Says a source on the sets, "I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Aarti emptying an entire thali comprising a bowl of dal, rice, a few chappatis, chana and a bowl of salad within a few minutes. Arti enjoys eating throughout the day and even when she is in her make-up room, she keeps on munching stuff."

Rajan Shahi, the director of the show, recalls "Aarti really likes to eat a lot. This time, she was really nervous before the shot and gobbled up the food on her plate, even before I could shout 'cut'. She looked really scared and nervous after this incident. It was funny and embarrassing at the same time. We had to stall the shooting for two hours before the food arrived."

When contacted, Aarti was too embarrassed to speak about the incident. She said, "We were shooting a sequence where I had to eat very little from the plate. But once I tasted the dal, I couldn't help finishing it off. The food was awesome. I kept enquiring the unit members about the restaurant where it was ordered from. Also, I couldn't resist the chana masala."

Guess it's time Govinda shared some weight-loss mantras with his dearest niece, apart from the acting tips.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rabba-Ve-Delena thumbnail
😆..Bless..That so cute..but the last line in d article is a stupid..but Thanks for the article..

Luv ya..

Ouma
-Laiba- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
😆 😆tfs 😆 😆 would love to see the scene 😆