Astitva - India Update 9 December 2004

RTee thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
<From yesterday>
Riya is telling Manas that I have never felt guilty about this (Chavi) and don't want to start now. Manas says that he respects her for her decisions.

In the court Riya plays a tape where the jailor is accepting his guilt. Ria wins the case. The judge tells the jailor or the prosecution to submit their argument in a few days.

<today>
After the judge closes the case for the day, Urmila is looking at Manas for some reaction from him, but he is busy congratulating Riya and talking to her dime a dozen. On the other side Abhi and Simran are also watching the close comfort between Manas and Riya. Urmila leaves with the policewoman jailer looking a bit saddened.

They all come out of the court and Abhi and Simran talk of celebrating their victory. Riya refuses saying that she is used to winning and will continue to do so and cant afford to celebrate every win. Manas tires to bring her around but she does not want to go to a restaurant and tells him that she will come home and he promises to cook. Both make their own plans while Abhi and Simran look on. Abhi asks Simran if something is wrong, she says no.

Riya is at Manas's house and telling a story to Sonu and falls asleep along with him while Manas is putting dinner. He sees them asleep and wakes Riya up, she gets up and comes out of the bed for dinner. He tells her to check out what is for dinner and how it tastes. She appreciates the food. Puts some on his plate while he asks her what story was she telling his son. Mobile phone rings, both have the same ring tone so both run for their phones. It was Riya's but it stops before she could locate it. She looks longingly at the phone. Manas asks her whether she was expecting an urgent call. She said she hoped that it was Chavi's and had she been here she would have been cuddling up to her just like Sonu. She gets emotional concerning Chavi and hopes that she gets everything what Riya could not.

Manas comforts her by holding her hand. For a moment Riya is uncomfortable but lets the moment be. She suddenly lightens the atmosphere by telling Manas that if they keep sitting like this holding hands who will eat the food. He suddenly remembers his surroundings and pulls back his hand. He has a strange smile on his face and Riya tells him that if he continues smiling like this, she wont be able to eat food and will continue staring at him. Both laugh.

It is night. Abhi and Neha are in bed. Neha thanks him and he too in return. She asks him why is she thanking her. He says it is because she allowed him to work on Urmila's case and how the child is lucky for them.

Manas thanks Riya for the coffee. She tells him it is good that he did not thank her again for the case. He has already done to 200 times. In fact it is she who should thank him for helping her find herself again and making right professional choices. He looks at her naughtily. She gets up to leave, Manas stops her and tells her not to go. They still have to celebrate. She again asks him what about the people. He again tells her that she told him to they should live for themselves. But it is her choice. They gaze at each other. Obviously she agrees to stay.

It is late night and Mr. Mathur asks Simran to call up Manas so that he can congratulate him. Simran asks him why he has still not done so. He says he called a no. of times but there is no response. Simran dials his mobile. Manas and Riya are in bed and Riya does not let him take the call.

Again in the morning Simran asks Mr. Mathur to call up Manas but he tells he to let him rest after winning the case. She insists on calling him that he does not sleep till 8.30.

Manas lovingly wakes up Riya, she asks him why he woke up so early. He tells her that it is 8 and it is not early. She is shocked and tells him that he should have woken her up earlier. He tells he he too woke up just a short while ago. He is sitting on the bed and she is with her head in his lap while he has his fingers in her hair. He tells her that he forgot to wake up Sonu and he too has not gone to school. She is thinking about something and Manas asks her whether she is regretting not going home last night. She says no, she is regretting why she did not stay back at his place much before. He tells her that he feels like celebrating again and would like to take her to dinner. She talks about going to work. Manas suddenly remembers work and quips: 'Aur bhi gam hain zamane mein muhabbat ke siva'. He tells her to forget about work for the day. She smiles at him. He tells her to relax while he gets her tea.

Riya is lazing in bed waiting for tea and Simran calls. Riya picks up the mobile, Simran is shocked to hear a female voice and enquires who is it. Riya speaks out her name. Simran is utterly shocked and puts down the phone.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kline thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Gr8 update Arti.😆 What's happenning to Simran?? I think she is taken aback at the change in Manas.Or maybe now she is feeling everybody is getting on with their life and she is being left behind.
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks Arti.Lovely update.

What I fail to understand is, why is Simran so upset all of a sudden?

Manas wasn't that shocked when she chose to marry Abhi.

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kline

Gr8 update Arti.😆 What's happenning to Simran?? I think she is taken aback at the change in Manas.Or maybe now she is feeling everybody is getting on with their life and she is being left behind.

Hi Arti...great update

So Manas moved on...I can't belive that they did this...OMG...

you are right kline...simran must be shocked at manas. As she must have thought that he will give her the company through out..😆

Even though I like simran, I am thinking she is getting bit insecure and behaving more a kid these days. She is being too much involved with abhi making neha insecure and she is expecting Manas not to move on...and she is starring at him when he is interacting with Riya...i mean...come on..that is not fair...

rads thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
that was a great updatearti. i love suimran , but offlate she is not her usual self. i think she is feeling jealous and lonely. she seems tio be jealous of abhi's and neha's successful marriage. she keeps showing offthatshe still hassd a goosd hold on abhi which is wrong. she had always taken manas for granted. she expects him to be with her all thetime. i think manas is sidelining simran as hge is not happy with her intrusion in abhi's and neha's married life. looks like simran cant see antyyone having fun around her. i am glasd that manas has got the youthful company of riya.
rabeeak2003 thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Thanks arti!

manas left simran and urmila!😆

Rifhat thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Thanks Arti.

Uff, so the last episode of the week was full of events huh.😉

Boy, Simran must be feeling left out now as ppl around are with their partners.

Cheers.

Rifhat

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ya i too dont understand why simran feels so shocked. As i said earlier in one of my posts, for Simran Manas is above all wrong. He is a man of all virtues. So she might be feeling that manas is doing injustice to Urmils. Bcos in one scene, she clearly tells abhi that if the case of urmila is over and she comes out, i would love to see urmila and manas together again. I think her reaction towards Manas and Riya's relationship has very much to do with Urmila not getting justice.
Manas_s thumbnail

yes, I agree with you sree. Simran is an ideal person. I love her character. She can never be jealous as she never kept nay bad feeling to abhi's mother.

Could be she is little surprised with Manas's changed character as we also talked in earlier posts in this topic only.

lakshmi_maruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

fantastic update Arti.. As for Simran character.. this is what makes it realistic.. they don't show her as ideal woman who does not have regrets or is not surprised by anything.. I like the picturization. She is definitely surprised at Manas behaviour and as for Urmila and Manas getting back together, I don't think that will happen.. let's wait and see..

thanks for the update Arti