chat with sachin khurana(dhananjay)

sharona_bha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Sachin Khurana

Transcript of LIVE CHAT with Sachin Khurana , Model, at 15.00 Hrs on Thursday ,9 December, 2004 in Mumbai

Sachin Khurana
Model

"To be a successful model adopt the kind of look that suits you and make it your trademark"

Hiefv > What's the mantra to survive in modelling?
Sachin Khurana > Be consistent, take care of yourself physically and have a great attitude.

Hither > Which is better profession - acting or modelling?
Sachin Khurana > Acting is a better profession, as it is longer lasting and satisfying as well.

Jeba > Sachin, what do you say to reports of modelling profession coming out on the TV channels and newspapers now that a lot of models are soliciting and getting into prostitution? Why do they get so desperate?
Sachin Khurana > I guess the morals are not so great for them and they want to earn a quick buck. Prostitution has become an easier way out to earn money.

Sun solaris > Hi Sachin, what preparation does one need in order to be successful in this profession of modelling?
Sachin Khurana > First of all, find out the kind of look that suits you and make that your trademark. For e.g. if you have a nice smile and a guy-next-door look, get a portfolio made on that kind of look. And if you have a very chiseled (sharp featured) look then get a portfolio (set of photographs) that is more on the fashion side, which is for ramp shows etc.

Reema > Do you think this line is good for middle class girls and boys? Aren't
they too gullible?
Sachin Khurana > It's a great field for anybody who wants to be a model to be in. But the right attitude is important. And ensuring not to sound desperate to get work is very, very important. Only then so people treat you with respect.

Sun solaris > Hi Sachin, do you find this occupation satisfying?
Sachin Khurana > Initially for 5 -6 years, it was satisfying. But, I have taken the next step, which is to be an actor and that is much more satisfying as well as challenging.

Jhanvi > How come despite being such a senior model you are joining films so late?
Sachin Khurana > I have asked this question to myself several times but I guess there is an extensive preparation that goes in to being close to an actor. That took a lot of time. It included acting classes, theatre, dance workshops etc.

Sun solaris > When is your birthday and what is your sun sign?
Sachin Khurana > 13th of June; Gemini.

Deshik > How do you maintain your looks? Isn't there too much competition out there?
Sachin Khurana > Sleep right, lots of water intake and regular workouts . Every field has its share of competition. The younger lot keeps on coming in. You just have to analyse and believe in yourself.

Deshik > Hi Sa, isn't modelling a boring profession?
Sachin Khurana > It is not boring but it stops challenging you after a certain period of time. It does pay your bills.

Delhib > Hi Sachin, which films are you doing now? Have seen a couple of serials you have done. You were good!
Sachin Khurana > Pal Tham Gaya is a film I am doing right now. And also acting in a serial Chandramukhi that will be on air soon.

Foplad > Sachin, at one point of time you were a known and a successful model. Then suddenly you disappeared and now you are trying to be back again. Comment.
Sachin Khurana > I took a backseat from the modelling scenario to prepare for my next profession acting.

Foplad > What did you so during your disappearing period?
Sachin Khurana > I did some theatre. Have a business in Delhi. So, taking care of that as well. But I am back full time to be an actor.

Delhib > You know looking at you guys it makes India proud that there is no dearth of good looking people in our country!
Sachin Khurana > Thank you so much.

Soki > What sort of roles would you like to get in TV serials? Why didn't you continue on TV as an actor?
Sachin Khurana > I have always been an action person; prefer doing action roles. The lure of the silver screen always attracts you.

Deshik > Won't being with celebrities make you inferior?
Sachin Khurana > I just believe in my own work and do it to the best of my abilities.

Mehak > Are you playing the lead role in Pal Tham Gaya ? How's Soha as a co-star? Is she in the opposite role with you?
Sachin Khurana > Soha is playing my younger sister and the film revolves around Dimple and Rishi Kapoor's family. And there is a fine actor called Sammir Dattani opposite Soha in the film.

Sun solaris > What is your opinion about today's music videos?
Sachin Khurana > I think it's great that the people are enjoying the remixes all over again. Though it's sad that the finer artists' original music is being neglected and they (some) are also falling back on the racket of making money.

Foplad > Which business are you running in Delhi?
Sachin Khurana > We centralise air conditioning in offices and houses .

Delhib > What do you have to say about the too much content of sex in the films today?
Sachin Khurana > To each to his own. It's a business and people put money in it to earn money (it back). It's up to us to relate to sex in the films as grown up adults.

Sun solaris > What should we expect from Sachin Khurana-the movie star?
Sachin Khurana > Don't know about the movie star bit but hopefully an actor that you can cherish and appreciate.

Delhib > How do you respond to the allegation against models that they participate in Miss India and Mr. India contests just to get into the film industry and it serves no other purpose to this country?
Sachin Khurana > There is no harm in that. Plus, I am sure that during the tenure of being Mr. and Miss India they trigger a lot of awareness about the charities and remind us of the special people (handicapped) who are also a part of the society.

Jamal > Hey Sachin, how did you get into this big bad world of Bollywood?
Sachin Khurana > It is not that bad. It's completely how you handle it. It's like any
other profession, could be as bad as or good as any other profession.

Hima > Are you married? Engaged? Have a girl friend? What do you like in a woman?
Sachin Khurana > Not married, not engaged. I am looking for someone independent and balanced in life.

Rakesh > Would you do an adult movie?
Sachin Khurana > I have not thought about it right now. When I get an offer, I shall think about it.

Gigi > Would you do regional films like the south movies or even a Punjabi film, if given a chance? What happens to your Bollywood dreams then?
Sachin Khurana > No, I wouldn't do any regional films. But I am certainly open to the mainstream TV scenario because the quality and execution is getting better day by day.

Jamal > Now that it's a trend for bold stuff, would you also shed off your clothes?
Sachin Khurana > I work out and I am in a pretty good shape. I go to the pool and take my clothes off and swim. Thus, I will not have any problems shedding my clothes, if required.

Delhib > I heard you are married............
Sachin Khurana > To whom? Tell me also. I want to meet my wife, Hahhahhahaah!

Delhib > For how many years do you think can one model for any product without getting into the film industry? Don't they throw you out after you are may be 35?
Sachin Khurana > The number of years do not matter at all. You can model forever. Your character would change according to age unless you are Shah Rukh Khan looking young, forever.

Jamal > The moment any newcomer steps into Bollywood there are affairs that make some juicy stories. So are you open to that?
Sachin Khurana > The audience love listening to juicy stories. They want to know
what an actor or actress is up to though most of the stories are untrue. So, I have no problems with them. I am here to work.

Rita > Sachin, would you ever enter politics?
Sachin Khurana > That's not my forte.

Rita > When was the first time you fell in love?
Sachin Khurana > I was 20 and seeing a girl who was 17.

Magiaf > Why are the Delhi guys such a hit in Bombay (Mumbai)?
Sachin Khurana > I guess because they leave their hometown and come here to work with utmost sincerity and I believe that hard work, in the right direction, always pays.

Sign Off Message > Great being here. Be sincere to yourself. Love, Sachin.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ramas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 years ago
thanks alot interesting interview and person.