Shirking of responsibilities-Prayaschit?

vvrsun thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

As per today's update (7/26), even Simran has convinced herself that Abhi's self-imposed exile was prayaschit!

My god! What an easy way out!!

Even Bhavani calls it an 18-year-vanvas!

So Ajay Sinha wants to tell us that shirking one's responsibilities (deserting a motherless newborn child, deserting a much-loved, once-married woman at the altar, and leaving her to cope with questions of legitimacy of the child, and so on, ad nauseum....) is a way of prayaschit! He is promoting negative thinking.

Prayaschit for what? Abhi (read Sinha) never clearly enunciated the crimes for which he was running away from his family, from society. If never having loved or understood his second wife was the crime - he should have loved and cherished the child born to him of that woman. If being unfaithful to his first wife was a crime, he should not have run away to Nasik, but atoned by asking for her forgiveness and getting back.

Let's have your views too.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peacestead thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Abhays prayasicht or self exile story is a load of bull and now he has simran also convinced that he did the right thing, I cant believe how selfish this man was, he did'nt even think about his parents and what they would do without him in their old age and its not as tho he was dying to meet them even when he came back, it was simran who surprised him by bringing them home and so Abhay was forced to meet them. If a person feels guilty about something it doesnt mean one runs away and doesnt even care about ones other responsibilities in life, how could he stay for 18 years without knowing how his parents were, how his daughter was, Man this man is a joke !!!!!!!!I am just waiting for him to run away again!!!!!
frosty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I totally agree..How in the world was he doing prayaschit by running away
from his duties?? I just thought that Mr. Abhi was taking an extended
vacation. I would love to do prayaschit like that. What did he have to
do..ummm yes write, live in a lovely place like Goa and not bother about
trivial things like responsibility. Way to go Abhi!!!How are you doing
penance for your sins? Is this the way you make up for ignoring your wife,
leave your daughter when she needs you the most and leave your old
parents at the mercy of fate. Brilliant!!!
peacestead thumbnail
I heard Kiran was coming back, maybe Abhay cant control his carnal desires and has an affair with her again, well the resulting guilt would be another good reason for running away 😡
innocentindian thumbnail

vvrsun et al

you guys have made some great points! However, an Abhi discussion was started on this same topic...perhaps you can post your views there....

cheers

vvrsun thumbnail

Originally posted by: innocentindian

vvrsun et al

you guys have made some great points! However, an Abhi discussion was started on this same topic...perhaps you can post your views there....

cheers

The point here is not Abhi's mistakes, but his so-called penance, so I think this is distinctly different from the other discussion topic.

innocentindian thumbnail

😃

but penance is a result of the mistakes 😉....and in the discussion thread, it has been suggested we talk about how abhi can actually rectify his mistakes...so that is in fact a better form of prayaschit to the one he imposed upon himself...

So, personally, I think the points made here would be more appropriate there, but I wouldn't like to argue on it...

Edited by innocentindian - 19 years ago
sapana2005 thumbnail

I agree wit u alll...Abhi's "prayascit" seemed more like a vacation than any sort of exile. It just shows that he is really a very selfish and irresponsible man. How can Simran just forgive all his mistakes and want to marry him again?😡. I was surprised when she accepted him so easily when she met him in Goa!.

victory thumbnail

She loves him. It doesn't matter what he's done or who he's become or what circumstances have caused this. The letter he wrote her before he left, the one that she has worshipped all these years has put him on a pedestel. His success, refusal to accept awards (Though to us, we see this as selfish) to Sim reflects a self-imposed exhile - she sees the sacrifice he has made in giving up his love, his easy life, etc to start a new career from scratch, live alone, without seeing anyone, meeting anyone as pennance. Whether we agree or not, it's her perception!

dalals thumbnail
Well, when first fled that was shirking responsibilites. But the life style he chose and let for this 18 years evetually became his prayaschit. Mind you he actually lived a solitory life of self confinement. He did take the decision in a rush, but he did not stray or go wild after that. In his 18 years away from home, he has not done anything he was known for before, like women, acohol etc. He did write some good literatureand that literature show his growth and maturity. I would definitely called it aprayaschit today, which 18 years back was a rash, immature decision.