Rahul Roy's never ending Aashiqui article

* ~ Roshni ~ * thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Rahul Roy's never ending Aashiqui
By: Chaitanya Padukone
April 13, 2007

Has done quite a number of autumn-meets-spring roles long before Amitabh Bachchan did so in Nishabd

Age No Bar: Rahul Roy
Post his Bigg Boss win, Rahul Roy claims to be venturing into construction of shopping malls and even turning 'brand ambassador' of smart cards.

No, he hasn't given up on acting! Roy is also busy with the dubbing of his two English called Dated and Soul Rain made by a banner called Art-is-kinky!

Says Roy Boy, "Strangely, I happen to be the only Asian in the otherwise all-foreign cast in both these movies." The actor is presently shooting for his movie Adaa.

"Unlike my recent lot of movies, I am proud of Adaa being directed by Tanvir Ahmed. That's because it has A R Rahman's score and the movie speaks about Sufism and gangsterism.

My character is a professor from Lucknow who follows Sufism. It's an endearing story of a father and son," reveals Roy.

Patience is the key

The actor is being accused of 'acting pricey' after winning the reality show. He admits, "Well it' quite true. Out of a dozen movie offers that I got, I approved only two.

I have resolved not to sign any regional movies or act in television serials for the time being. And people misunderstand that I am playing hard-to-get.

In fact, I have even kept my movie direction plans on hold. Bigg Boss has taught me that patience eventually pays," he counters.

Not embarrassed

For someone who began with A-list films, Roy has worked in too many C-grade films of late. And at least two have similar roles to what Amitabh Bachchan played in Nishabd.

In Meri Aashiqui, a friend of his teenaged daughter, falls madly in love with him. And in Aashiqon Ko Jalaana Buri Baat Hai he has his teenage neighbour (Gladrags finalist Riya Sahota) getting besotted with him.

"I am not embarrassed by the kind of movies I acted in, prior to my reality show, because I didn't have a platform and I couldn't be extra-choosy those days.

Considering my age and romantic image, those roles fell into my lap. But now I have moved on," justifies the actor.

Feeling hounored

His take on his Nishabd-esque roles is, "Although we are not ready to accept the syndrome, it's a harsh reality of society that does discreetly exist.

In fact, I salute both RGV and Amitji for having dared to make such a bold subject like Nishabd, regardless of the box-office response.

The basic storyline and a few situations seem to be common but the treatment of their film is distinctly different.

I feel honoured that I attempted a similar role which our country's greatest actor has portrayed so convincingly," smiles Roy who will be shortly visiting his wife Rajlaxmi in Sydney.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yahoo2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
His hair style looks strange
asmauk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
finally we get to read something about the big boss winner πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

otherwise on this forum everything is about rakhi, rakhi and rakhi

hope thing work out for rahul 😊 😊
asmauk thumbnail

Originally posted by: pracheen

His hair style looks strange

his face looks strangeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†aswell

6508 thumbnail
πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: shahrukh fan

his face looks strangeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†aswell

🀣 yeah it does, πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Nice + Interesting Article Btw.πŸ˜›

raunaq thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
how old is this article? πŸ˜• he hasnt visited his wife yet? itna slow? jaldi jaldi travel karo he likes nishabd 🀒 🀒 🀒 i hope he has watched the movie
Edited by raunaq - 17 years ago
Gorgeous_Rosa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: raunaq

how old is this article? πŸ˜• he hasnt visited his wife yet? itna slow? jaldi jaldi travel karo he likes nishabd 🀒 🀒 🀒 i hope he has watched the movie

🀣🀣 raunaqwa..nishabd ka movie main nishabd hota hain kya....rahul jaise.......
asmauk thumbnail

how old is this article? πŸ˜• he hasnt visited his wife yet? itna slow? jaldi jaldi travel karo

πŸ˜† so true

he likes nishabd 🀒 🀒 🀒 i hope he has watched the movie

true...πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜›
Edited by shahrukh fan - 17 years ago
mcm226 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

πŸ˜†

rahul roy hai raunaq woπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.......BB se nikla tha tabse jaaana tha usko sydney,abtak nahi pahocha hai......aur pata nahi kab pahocega bohat active n quick hai na wo........πŸ˜†πŸ˜†............i think ke bohat purana article hai....hope wo tortoise speed se hi sahi but apni wife ke paas gaya ho.........

kothra thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shahrukh fan

finally we get to read something about the big boss winner πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

otherwise on this forum everything is about rakhi, rakhi and rakhi

hope thing work out for rahul 😊 😊

lol..There is only one piece..

Rakhi Sawant..One n onlyπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†