Song Copied In Bollywood!

*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Song Copied In Bollywood!

Hindi Song: Woh Lamhe Woh Baatein (Zeher)
Music Director: Mithun Sharma, Naresh Sharma
Copied From: Woh Lamhe (Atif Aslam)

Hindi Song: Agar Tum Mil Jao (Zeher)
Music Director: Anu Malik
Copied From: Agar Tum Mil Jao (Tasavvur Khanum)

Hindi Song: Zahreeli Raatein (Chocolate)
Music Director: Pritam
Copied From: Adat (Atif Aslam)

Hindi Song: Bheega Bheega (Chocolate)
Copied From: December (Abrar-ul-Haq)

Hindi Song: Ho Sake To Mera Ek Kaam (Sitam)
Music Director: Nikhil-Vinay
Copied From: Ho Sake (Arshad Mahmood)

Hindi Song: Maya Hai Sab Maya (Sitam)
Music Director: Nikhil-Vinay
Copied From: Maya Hai (Faisal Latif)

Hindi Song: Kaho Na Kaho (Murder)
Copied From: Kaho Na Kaho (Amir Jamal)

* Kaho Na Kaho is sung by Pakistani singer Amir Jamal and is his composition from his 2003 album by the same name. If you had heard the song, you'd have noticed Arabic lyrics that goes, Tamally Ma'ak. And there lies the twist! This song was originally composed by Sherif Tag (lyrics by Ahmed Ali Mousa) and sung by Arabic singer Amr Diab under the name (what else?) 'Tamally Ma'ak' in the year 2000 (from the album of the same name). Amir Jamal simply lifted this song and added Hindi lyrics and used it in his album.

Hindi Song: Bheege Honth Teray (Murder)
Copied From: Menu Teray Naa (Najam Shiraz) Pakistani singer

Hindi Song: Jaana Jaana (Murder)
Copied From: Firiye Dao (Pop Band Miles) Bangladeshi Band

Hindi Song: Dil ko hazaar baar (Murder)
Copied From: Mazel tov! (traditional Jewish track)

Hindi Song: Assi Teri Gul Karni (Teesri Aankh)
Music Director: Harry Anand
Copied From: Asaan Jana Mal (Abrar-ul-Haq) Pakistani singer

* There was rumour that Harry Anand had rights of copyright, is this true. Can someone find some prove to backup this Statement.

Hindi Song: Aakhiyon Se Gal Karni (Shaadi Se Pehle)
Music Director: Himesh Reshammiya, DJ Akbar Sami, DJ Suketu
Copied From: Asaan Jana Mal (Abrar-ul-Haq) Pakistani singer

* Abrar-ul-Haq song Asaan Jana Mal was copied by two different films Teesri Aankh & Shaadi Se Pehle.

Hindi Song: Chhori Ki Baatein (Fight Club)
Music Director: Prittam
Copied From: Channo (Ali Zafar)

* Music Director Prittam gave the credit to Ali Zafar for Chhori Ki Baatein after Ali Zafar came calling for him

Hindi Song: Gela Gela (Aitraaz)
Music Director: Himesh Reshammiya
Copied From: Thoia Thiong (R.kelly)

Hindi Song: Jal Jal Ke Dhuan (Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena)
Copied From: Markadi Arabiyon Ana (Yuri)

Hindi Song: Akhiyaan Na Maar (Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena)
Copied From: Challa (Waris Baig)

Hindi Song: Jhoom (Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena)
Copied From: Joy of Pepsi (Britney Spears)

Hindi Song: Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam (Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam)
Music Director: Nikhil-Vinay, Daboo Malik, Bappi Lahiri, Sajid-Wajid, Bali Brahmbhatt
Copied From: Boohey Baariyan (Hadiqa Kiyani)

Hindi Song: Koi Aayega (Asambhav)
Music Director: Viju Shah
Copied From: Mahi Aave Ga (Shazia Manzoor)

Hindi Song: Lamha Lamha (Gangster)
Copied From: 'Kal Shab Dekha Maine (Waris Baig)

Hindi Song: Ya Ali (Gangster)
Copied From: Ya Ghaly (Guitara)

Hindi Song: Bheegi Bheegi (Gangster)
Copied From: Bangla jibhonmuki gaan (Mohiner Ghoraguli)

Hindi Song: Tu hi meri shab hai (Gangster)
Copied From: Sacral Nirvana (Oliver Shanti)

The colour green indicates that the song was copied or lifted from a Pakistani song.

Source: http://www.pakstop.com/pmforums/showthread.php?t=26374&h ighlight=cats

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss_Norway thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Are you sure Bollywood have copied the songs and not Lollywood?
wini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Miss_Norway

Are you sure Bollywood have copied the songs and not Lollywood?

well if u noticed Paki songs r preety old n films r preety new

n they never mention one song that bilo one........i remember one movie of sani deol ......in this movie he was saying asaan dey jana i think someone else's gharπŸ˜‰ not bilo..........and also there was another song something like chokla bajay kay jumeraat aai haiπŸ˜†...........its a song from Paki movie n indians opied that song too

but i was shocked to hear that channo in fight club..........i mean ali made such a wonderful song but when i listen that FC one OMG i start hating that original one tooπŸ˜›

wini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
and i forgot to mention one thing............for that zehr one (woh lamhey) .........it hink they didnt copy it but atif sang for them too.............bcoz he was even nominated for that song in zee cine awards........thats what i think may e i m wrong πŸ˜ƒ
aisha92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: wini

and i forgot to mention one thing............for that zehr one (woh lamhey) .........it hink they didnt copy it but atif sang for them too.............bcoz he was even nominated for that song in zee cine awards........thats what i think may e i m wrong πŸ˜ƒ

no i think u're ryt.........yeah atif did sing itπŸ˜›
SAIRAH123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
yep lol infact alot of songs have been copied like theres another one too u no mar jawa jawa frm the film aashiq banaya aapne they copied the song frm faakhir i dnt no wat its called but its like exact the sme i fink faakhirs is called mar jawa jawa too they showed it no the music channel how they copied faakhirs songs and woh lamhe atif sang it for his own album but like he sang it 4 zeher again but they changed the lyrics so ur not wrong WINI πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by SAIRAH123 - 17 years ago
TiN24 thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Not to mention how many songs bollywood has copied from the late great Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (NFAK) such as:

1. Allah Hoo to the most bakwaas song I've heard "i love you" from the movie auzaar with the besharam salman khan. 😑

2. Piya Ghar Aya from the movie Yarana with Madhuri Dixit.

3. Loy loy from again the movie yarana.

4. Mast Qalander from the movie with Akshay Kumar and raveen tandon.

There are other songs of NFAK that were copied. One is from the movie Mohabbat with again Madhuri Dixit, Sanjay Kapoor and Akshay Khanna. I belive its the first song picturized on Madhuri. That's another NFAK copy.

Then there's another song "Yaar Yaar Kehna" from a Karishma Kapoor movie (don't remember the name of the movie).

Then there's the song from the movie Darar with Juhi Chawla, Rishi Kapoor and Arbaz Khan which again is an NFAK song.

Then there's yet another NFAK song from the movie Chahat with SRK and Pooja Bhatt.

There's probably alot more but I can't remeber that far back πŸ˜† . Bottom line....does anyone else see a patter here. I mean, fine, you wanna take a song and put it in your movie and use it...that's great. But atleast give credit where credit is due. Don't take credit for something you never composed. I'm sorry, but Anu Malik is the king...and I mean KING of stealing others songs and passing it off as his own. Seriously...so much for creativity and orginality.

That's one of the things I can't stand abt Bollywood. I know in Pakistan we may not have the best movie business, but when it comes to music....that's where we shine and for anyone to take or copy our music and not even give recognition for it...that's cheap.

Sorry to sound bitter...but that's my own opinion. πŸ˜•
*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
no its ok...actaully i was gonna write tht ppl can post more...coz i dont really know much...thnksss anyway πŸ˜ƒ
XxShahJxX thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
That's true.. all these songs from Indian movies have really originated from Pakistan... I think Bollywood knows and credits us & then take its and puts them in their movies.. as long as everyone knows the tru origin of the song, that's all that matters I guess. I think it's great that India recoginizes our talent and music and uses them. & it's good to see the two countries working together also...

Ther are some other songs that India used also.. for example:

** Mera Laung Gawacha - (used by Bally Sagoo)

**Aap Jaisa Koi -(used in a movie & remixed by Bally Sagoo)

**DJ Aflatoon songs

Also Pakistani playback singers such as Adnan Sami & the guy (can't remember his name 😳 ) who sings the song "Jiya Dhadak Dhadak Jaaye" for the movie Kalyug..

😊