angel_86 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Man(av) Of The Hour!
Manav Gohil has been missing from the scene for quiet a while now. But now he is back with a bang especially in a prime time Balaji serial Paraya Dhan. Read on to catch up with what he is been upto. A Media Curry Exclusive.

From a small role in Kasauti Zindagi Ki to Vaidehi, how has your journey been so far?

It's been a feel-good ride. A complete learning experience. To sum up, it's been an uphill journey.

Tell us about your comeback to television through Paraya Dhan?

I didn't do any shows on television for a long time for a number of reasons. There are a lot of decisive factors behind my accepting to be part of a particular show. A good story, script, director, positioning and of course, the remuneration. Partho Ghosh, the director of Paraya Dhan is a good friend of mine and we had been trying to come together for a long time. Finally, everything just worked out and I accepted Paraya Dhan.

Your role in Paraya Dhan?

My character in the serial is called "Karan Bali", who is a young, ruthlessly ambitious business tycoon.

What happened with the children's film with Percept Pictures?

Well, that film's been shelved. It's not happening.

How do you maintain a balance between your career and personal life?

I take Shweta out. I make sure I spend as much time as I can with Shweta on my days off.

What has helped you evolve as an actor in your career?

I have been attentive of what goes on around me. Paying attention to the details of life. Even when I'm sitting at an airport, I am constantly observing the people, their body language, and their frames of mind. In short, I am always 'learning' from what goes on around me.

In your opinion, how has the Indian television industry evolved?

If you really want to know my opinion, then I'd say I can't really watch television today and relate to it. The bitchy bahu and the scheming saas really turn me off. I find these serials are very regressive. Good and talented directors are not doing television because of this reason.

You have anchored shows as well as done soaps. What do you find more challenging?

Anchoring, for sure. Manav Gohil talks to the nation when he's anchoring a show. It's definitely a much more challenging task.

You were appreciated in your play "Uncle Samjha Karo". Are you going to do any more theatre in the future?

I have been thinking on those lines. If I find the right script and I find ample time to devote to it, then I would certainly love to do more theatre.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago
thnx but this isnt balaji serial