sadiluke thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
does anyone know how to make ubtan at home?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kalli thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Here are two recipes. They are not mine I got them from Internet.

I have 2 ubtan recipes, one for your body and one for your face. When massaged into your skin on a regular basis (daily is best, when possible!) you will notice more glowing and lovely skin. I recommend doing the body massage in the morning right before you wash and the facial massage at night before bed, but do whatever is convenient for you!

FULL BODY GENERAL BEAUTY MASSAGE UBTAN FORMULA 4 Tbsp. chickpea flour 2 Tbsp. almond oil 1 tsp. turmeric 1 tsp. fenugreek powder 1 tsp. wheat germ oil 1/4 tsp. rose oil Mix all ingredients and use this made fresh each day for 40 days to massage the entire body. After the massage take a warm shower to remove.

FACIAL MASSAGE UBTAN FORMULA 1 Tbsp. almond paste 1 Tbsp. cashew paste 1-1/2 tsp. pistachio paste 1 Tbsp. malai (skim off boiled milk) 1 Tbsp. wheat germ oil 1 Tbsp. rose water 1/4 cup red lentil paste chickpea flour (to thicken) Grind the nuts in a blender on high until pulverized, then add remaining ingredients. Use as a facial massage. Let dry then wash it off. Pat face dry with a clean towel.

kalli thumbnail

It is like a mask 😉. In some countries it is a tradition for brides-to-be to have an ubtan ten days before wedding and apply it every day. And some people apply this to bride on her Mehndi.

Edited by kalli - 17 years ago
kalli thumbnail
Another recipe

Ayurvedic Ubtan Mask

2 Tbsp of fine almond meal
2 Tbsp of fine oatmeal
1 Tbsp of white clay ( i used kaolin)
1 Tsp of nutmeg

Mix ingredients with an egg, (whole egg for combination skin, Egg white for oily untoned skin and egg yolk for dry mature skin)

Pat on skin and leave for 15 mins or until dry.
To remove use warm milk and gently rub off with finger tips.
For oily skin use skim milk

Kripa_neha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
cool ye to mujhe bhi nahin pata tha ke kya hai
thanks for telling
and thanks for the recipes 😃
wini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
why do u want to know that?????
r u getting mary.......... 😉 😃
sadiluke thumbnail
i want to know cuz my sis is getting married, and we r going to have a maayon party for her. we need ubtan for that. i don't know what they put in the powder that is sold at desi stores. i don't want her to have some weird reaction to it and then have rashes on her wedding. 😊 so i want to make it at home.
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sadiluke

i want to know cuz my sis is getting married, and we r going to have a maayon party for her. we need ubtan for that. i don't know what they put in the powder that is sold at desi stores. i don't want her to have some weird reaction to it and then have rashes on her wedding. 😊 so i want to make it at home.

Cute.

Word Count: 1