Pasta, khichdi, sun block and Nikki Aneja

ria_nl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Pasta, khichdi, sun block and Nikki Aneja

Nikki 'Dr Simran' Walia is one of the most stunning faces on the small screen. Blessed with a good figure as well, Nikki has gathered many fans for her long running serial, Astitva. Radiant face, great skin tone with a body to match makes Nikki a very watchable actress.

Wanting to know all about how she maintains her looks and what her diet regime is like, we spoke to the Madhuri Dixit look alike.

Beauty regime:
"I don't follow any beauty regime," she begins. "The only thing is that I drink lots of water. As for my skin I trust only two make-up removal products. One being Clean n' Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash by Johnson & Johnson and at bedtime I use Clinique Dramatically different. This I use all 365 1/4 days! Also I don't step out of the house without Clinique Oil free Sunblock (SPF 15). I never ever remove make-up with baby oil. And look what I said earlier... I don't use any make up regime," she laughs.

But on Sundays and days when she is not shooting she never uses any make-up except a blusher if she is looking pale.

Food fetish:
Nikki is not much of a food person. "I am not a foodie and eat very light. Though of course there are days when I really binge - like twice a month. And then it has to be pastas. In fact it is my craving for pasta that makes me go on a binge."

Food routine:
I rise quite early around 7.30 am and have a cup of herbal tea, which my bhabhi sends for me from Delhi. Then I have second cup of coffee, which is after 45 minutes. This is accompanied with biscuits or my favourite Wheat-a-bix.
I cheat on myself sometimes and skip breakfast when I have to rush for my shoots.
Lunch is at 12.30 and until 8 months ago I ate unit food. But now I eat Vital Foods. This is a nutritious meal packed and delivered to wherever you want. It's a dabba service and is really healthy and yummy. It is completely oil free and I have lost a lot of weight after I began with it.
After eating this if I am still hungry then I indulge in some khichdi which is a staple fare made on the set. It is too delicious to resist. I have no naashta (snacks) on the sets as it is too oily. When hungry I call for a sandwich or a dosa.
I skip dinner if I have had a heavy evening snack. Then I just have some fruits or salads. I love salads but hate soups.

All time fave:
Chinese cuisine is my weakness and China Garden, Mumbai my favourite Chinese eating-place. I also enjoy pastas at Don Jovani and on a holiday you may find me pigging out on the Chicken in a Basket at the J W Marriot, Mumbai.
Mangiferra, Mumbai also serves some great food.

Fitness
All these years I have never been health conscious. But since the past 8 months my husband forced me to get conscious about my health and now I make it a point to walk 60 minutes in a week. I am 5 ft 7" and am a pucca Punjaban with big shoulders and with even a little extra weight tend to look really big.

No Cooking:
I never cook, as I don't have the time for it. But when I do it turns out perfect. As my husband can't handle Indian spices as he was born and raised in UK I don't cook regular Indian food at all. And when I feel like eating a traditional meal I go over to my mom's place, as she is a super cook.

Sunday-time:
A perfect Sunday means getting up late, stuff myself at China Garden and no napping. As I don't sleep in the afternoon I spend the time with close friends and family, just chatting. Then I watch a movie with my husband and then have a good dinner at a good place. After which, I watch TV till I dose off. I get two Sundays a month when I don't shoot and at times I do some reading as it calms me. I am a very hyper person and reading relaxes me. I cuddle up on my window seat with my book and enter the world of imagination.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simi1295 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

thnx for shrn all this info...

kmsiddhesh thumbnail
thank u very much ria

niki has always been the women of my dreams n to know some things about her is always COOL
iruaG thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks a lot for the article.😃