Pictures of the opening ceremony...

darkness_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

The World Cup stands against a scenic Montego Bay, March 11, 2007

Sachin smiles as he follows Dravid at the opening ceremony of the World Cup, March 11, 2007

Awww.... If there's one thing, I never tire of... It's Sachin's smile... It's one of the most honest and open smiles I've ever seen! 😳

Dancers perform during the opening ceremony of the 2007 World Cup Cricket, Trelawny March 11, 2007

Dancers perform as fireworks illuminate the night sky during the opening ceremony of the 2007 World Cup Cricket, Trelawny, March 11, 2007

An overview of the main stands at Warner Park, 2007 World Cup, Basseterre, St Kitts, March 11, 2007

Trelawny's Greenfields Stadium comes alive with celebration, Trelawny, March 11, 2007

Players look on as fireworks illuminate the night sky during the opening ceremony of the 2007 World Cup, Trelawny, March 11, 2007

A performer on stilts shows off his cricket skills during the opening ceremony, 2007 World Cup, Trelawny, March 11, 2007

Brian Lara looks on during the opening ceremony photoshoot, 2007 World Cup, Trelawny, March 11, 2007

Mahela Jayawardene led Sri Lanka through during the opening ceremony roll call....

ROLL CALL!?!?!? Call me ignoratn, but roll call as in SACHIN TENDULKAR???? PRESENT MISS!!!!! RAHUL DRAVID??? PRESENT MAAM!!!!!!! That kinda roll call!?!?!?! 😕

Performers dance as fireworks illuminate the night sky during the opening ceremony of the 2007 World Cup, Trelawny, March 11, 2007

Percy Sonn speaks during the opening ceremony of the World Cup, Trelawny, March 11, 2007

The World Cup trophy with palm trees in the background, Ritz Carlton Hotel, Montego Bay, March 11, 2007

Rahul Dravid turns his gaze elsewhere during a press conference in Montego Bay, Jamaica, March 10, 2007

Nazar banaaye rakhna! Warna koi aaur le jaayega...! 😛

All pics from www.cricinfo.com

Nimmi 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
thx amazing pics and amazing ceremony 😃
ruby20 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanx alot for the pics!!! was dieing to see them!!!
nightangel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nazar banaaye rakhna! Warna koi aaur le jaayega...!

Bilkul sahi boal....freez it... 😉 😆
33341 thumbnail
i saw it on tv ! it woz pretty kool 😛
6508 thumbnail

Some By Pensacola.S_02

Sarz thumbnail
There was a performance dont by a jamicans on the song Desh rangila form Fannah.. i think the performers did quite a good job...jus like how kajol and company performed... 😉
The show was awesome...except for some of the boring performances!!Right now feeling proud to be a westindian!!
gayatri_haters thumbnail
Thanks. I saw it on TV, Being a West Indian, I was a little disappointed that they only brought out most of the culture from Jamaica and not the other countries from the Caribbean. They should have had some indian talent from Guyana and Trinidad.
Connie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the lovely pics. Can't wait to watch the matches. 😛