Sia-Abhi...Oedipus Complex???

Akshata thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi all,

This topic may seem a bit outdated with so much happening in Astitva these days.

I know that each one is entitled to his/her own opinion but I would like to understand the reason behind their thoughts.I am not challenging anyone's view,just putting forth my opinion.

I have read comments decrying Sia's attraction to Abhi/Anand and calling Ajai Sinha names that he has a dirty mind and questions like "HOW is it possible for a young girl to love an older man?"

Those who think like that have obviously not seen what's to come next or read Sree's updates.At no given time they have shown any sign of an affair between the two.It's a one sided attraction from Sia's side.If you look at it objectively,there is nothing obnoxious about it because she does not know that he is her biological father.She is attracted to him because of some qualities she sees in him and has always admired in him as a writer.It's what she thinks is love.There is no lust or physical attraction from the time they have met.Infact he detests him because of some misunderstandings.It was necessary to show some kind of a strong bond to bring Sia again and again to Goa.If she had got infatuated with some other man,Archana would not have rushed to Goa and the truth would never have been revealed.So it's the writers' fine talent for weaving such tales and tying up loose ends.

The main thing is that only the viewers are aware of their true relationship,the characters are not. So I don't think it's out of this world to show a young girl attracted to a person much older than herself. It happens many times in all societies.Young girls are often attracted to older guys because they find boys of their own age immature.Girls mature faster and hence such feelings.This is what we call a crush.That it's not a very favorable or an encouraging trend is another issue altogether.Many such relationships have culminated into marriages.Some work,others don't.

Ajai Sinha is an intelligent director who would never risk showing such incest relationships.So friends,don't stop watching thinking it's a wierd or perverted show.Infact it shows Abhi's strength of character and self control,a change almost all of us would like to see in him.

Cheers

Edited by Akshata - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Akshata, you are absolutely correct with what you have said. Infact, i have written many a times in this section about this....

Sia and Abhi are not aware of their biological relationship. They both get a pull towards each other, both do not know why? Abhi develops a closeness with Sia, he even goes to the extent of breaking his exile for her, letting her into his house, spends some nice time with her, tries to help her out. Abhi feels a closeness developing towards her. But he is mature now, after all the hiccups he has had in his life. He understands that he is drawn more close to her for some reason. He thinks he sees his daughter in her, the daughter who he has left behind, the daughter who he thinks is no more.

For Sia, she is in a tender phase of her life. She has not got the maturity to differenciate between divine love and infatuation/crush. She also develops this closeness for Anand. She always was a big fan of his, she loved his novel.s Now, he was just in front of her. So she could not stop her feelings. Above all, the blood relationship was pulling her towards him. Her age is such that, she took this to be love. She saw that Anand was also fond of her, dedicated his book to her. So she assumed that he was also in love with her.

Abhi tried to tell her the difference between this feeling and pure love. But she always did not have the mind to think. The very fact that they were related to each other, drew them close. But they were not aware of this. Abhi knew that he has developed a closeness with Sia, but bcos of his age and experience, he could term it as "Closeness", he too could not define it, tell others why he had it, but he truly knew and beleived that this "Was Not Love in that sense".

Sia did not have maturity, he was the first male in her life, got a pull towards him, took it as love. She could not diffrenciate as Abhi did. We cannot blame her for this, her age was such.

But i have to again tell all that Ajai handled this situation brilliantly. He showed the strong belief and maturity in Abhi, Abhi was determined to drive into Sia's head the difference. Ajai took the story to great heights as he clearly and very tactfully solved this Abhi-Sia Complex.....

frosty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
According to me most girls look upto their dads and look for some
resemblence to their fathers when they find a husband. This is because
for most daughters their father is their ideal and he is the perfect man. I
think Ajai Sinha just used his artistic license to potray that with Sia.
Besides as Sree has mentioned Sia lacked a male influence in her life and
in most likelihood was looking and yearning for a father figure, which she
found in Abhi. The fact that she mistook it for something else is just
natural.