discussion real horror stories

sweetsang thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

ok guys ,... i will be posting real crimes , haunting , horror stories i find off da web here

here it goes.

In 1994 at the annual awards dinner given for Forensic Science,AAFS. The President Dr Don Harter Mills astounded his audience with legal complications of a bizarre death.

On March 23, 1994 a medical officer examined the body of Ronald Opus. He concluded that Mr Opus had died as a result of a shotgun wound to the head. Mr Opus had jumped from the top of a ten strory building intending to commit suicide. He had left a note to the effect indicating his despondency. As he fell past the ninth floor his life was interrupted by a shotgun blast passing through a window, which killed him instantly.

Neither the shooter nor the the deceased was aware that a safety net had been installed just below the eighth floor level to protect some building workers and that Ronald Opus would not have been able to complete his suicide the way he had planned.

Orinarily a person who sets out to commit suicide and ultimately succeeds, even though the mechanism might not be what he intended, is still defined as committing suicide.

The fact that Mr Opus was shot on the way to certain death, but probably would not have been successful because of the safety net, caused the medical examiner to feel that he had a homicide on his hands.

In the room on the ninth floor, where the shotgun blast eminated, was occupied by an elderly couple.

They were arguing vigorously and the husband was threatening the wife with a shotgun. The husband was so upset that when he pulled the trigger he missed his wife and the pellets went through the window striking Mr Opus in the head, on his way down.

When one intends to kill a subject "A" but kills subject "B' by mistake one is guilty of murder of subject "B", When confronted with the charge of murder the old man and his wife were adamant and both said that they thought the gun was unloaded.

The old man explained that it was a long-standing habit to threaten his wife with an un-loaded shotgun during the course of their arguments. He had no intention to murder her.

Therefore the killing of Mr Opus appeared to be an unfortunate accident; that is, if the gun had been accidently loaded.

The continuing investigation turned up a witness who saw the old couple's son loading the shotgun about six weeks prior to the argument and fatal shooting. It transpired that the old lady had cut off her son's financial support and the son, knowing the ponpensity of his father to use the shotgun threateningly, loaded the gun with the expectation that his Father would shoot his Mother.

Since the loader of the gun, was aware of this, he was guilty of murder even though he didn't actually pull the trigger. The case now becomes one of murder on the part of the son for the death of Ronald Opus.

Now comes the exquisit twist.

Further investigations revealed that the son was in fact, Ronald Opus. He had become increasingly despondent over the failure of his attempt to engineer his Mother's murder on March 23rd 1994 he went to the the top of the ten story building and jumped off, only to be killed by a shotgun blast through the ninth story window.

The son had actually murdered himself.

Edited by sangeetarangdal - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetsang thumbnail

REAL FACTS ABOUT OUIOJA BORAD ?PLANKCHIT

I'm sure there many people here who will know the info I'm about to tell, but I've yet to really see a post about the history, or with facts, about the board. I'm no expert on it, but thought I'd share this with you all since I found it to be interesting.

The Ouija board, as we know it today, dates back to the late 1800s. Spiritualism was at a great hight back then, and sceances and other methods for contacting spirits had become a popular parlor game. However, Ouija boards were made popular by the Fox sisters in the 1840's. Catherine (Kate- 12 years old) and Margaretta (Maggie- 14 years old) had just moved with their parents to a town near Rochester, New York. Not even three months after living in their new home, the girls were reporting it as being haunted. They made claims of furniture moving, instruments being played by invisable fingers, bangs and bumps being heard all over the house, etc. On March 31st 1848, Kate Fox challenged the ghost and asked it to repeat 'the snaps of her fingers'. The ghost obliged, duly stopping when Kate did. Maggie continued with the communication asking the ghost to copy her counting as she clapped her hands. To further their contact, the girls pasted letters onto a board in order to communicate better with the spirit. Rather than asking yes and no questions, they could now carry on a conversation. A similar version of their board was later made into a game in the 1890's.

No one is sure how many different types of Ouija boards there are. Some say it is up in the hundreds, possibly even thousands.

The first Ouija board was made available for retail sale by Charles Kennard.

To capitalize on the Ouija's reputation of conjuring spirits and foretelling the future, some Ouija board manufacturers added witches to their designs starting in the early 1900's. Swamis were also a popular design. They were called oddly enough, "Swami boards."

The use of Ouija-like objects and instruments dates back as far as 479 B.C.

Starting in the 1850's, alphabet boards made the transition to the dial-plate instruments, also known as psychographs, first in the United States and then in Europe. The first talking board with a detachable sliding message indicator appeared around 1886. That's a short thirty-eight year time frame. If the Ouija board has relatives they are the devices of this period: the talking tables, the alphabet pasteboards, and the early dial-plate instruments.

'Ask the Glass' is game similar to a Ouija board. With a board very similar to that of a Ouija, a small glass (often a shot glass) is used as the planchette. It works pretty much the same as Ouija board.

Some of these facts I got from websites, so please don't blame me if it isn't 100% accurate lol. I have done my research though, and it all seems to line up very well :)

sweetsang thumbnail
BABIES IN GRAVEYARD

About 3 weeks ago ( the end of August-Beginning of September)I visited my grandmother on my way home from work. She was talking about my grandfather and how everybody had visited his grave but me. Of coarse this made me feel awful so I decided the following day I was going to the grave site to see him. The next day I talked to my mother about it and told her how I felt really guilty for not going and for still having ill feelings towards him. He and I didn't spend much time together from what I could remember and I honestly could not think of one memory I had of him. No matter how hard I tried I could not remember anything! That evening I went to the cemetary with my boyfriend Aaron to talk to my grandfather. I had not been there since we barried him and I Had no idea where he was laid. They held the ceremony in a special part of the cemetary but laid him some place else after the family had left, so I had no idea where to go. I parked on this big hill over looking the hundreds of grave stones and just sat there not knowing where to go. It was about 8 at night and starting to get dark, and I knew once the light was gone I would have no chance in finding the site. I started getting upset. Here I am his grand daughter and I have no idea where he is. That is when I heard whispering. I followed the voices down the hill and thru a small opening and ended up at this little gravestone that was completely covered in crap. You could not even read the name on it. I felt the tears start to well up and a wave of panic hit me. I was wrong this could not be where he was. I felt completely defeated and disapointed in myself. That is when Aaron showed up by my side. He bent down and pushed all the stuff off of the marker and there it was. My Grandfathers name! I sat down next to it and started talking to him asking him all the questions I had been to afraid to ask him when I was younger and before he passed away. Why he never included me. Why he always was there for my cousins and no me and so on.. That is when I started getting images of things we had done together. It was like watching a movie. But a movie of my memories. It was one of the most amazen feelings I have ever felt. I spent about an hour there before I realized it was completely dark and it was a full moon. I got up and told Aaron we should get going. We started walking up the big hill back towards the car when I heard a baby crying. It was so loud! I was surprised when Aaron said he hadn't heard it. But I could hear it and it was only getting louder the closer to the car I got. Finally I stopped on the path and looked over to my right. There was a large old marker there hidden by an over grown bush. I pointed and told my boyfriend that, that is where I heard the sound comming from. He walked to the marker and pushed the brush away and sure enough it was a 2 year old baby girl. He turned back to look at me completely wide eyed. He then took my hand told me I never ceased to amaze him and that he was sorry but he was freaked out and wanted to leave before anything else happened. I was not going to argue that so we booked it back to the car and started to drive down the pathway. As I was nearing the entrance I saw a man kneeling next to a stone but this time I was not even going to stop and ask questions. We just got out of there!
glamritz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
oh wow interesting. thanks for sharing!
sweetsang thumbnail
Hi Guys, It has been a while, so that you won't have nothing to worry about, under Los Angeles there are reportedly massive caves and tunnels left by the lizard people, here is the story,

by Robert Stanley

from UnicusMagazine Website

According to the legend and the radio surveys, the underground city was laid out in the shape of a lizard, with its tail under the Main Library at Fifth and Hope.

In the summer and fall of 1933, a Los Angeles mining engineer named G. Warren Shufelt was surveying the L.A. area for deposits of oil, gold and other valuable materials, using a new device which he had invented. Shufelt had designed and built a radio-directed apparatus which he claimed was able to locate gold and other precious resources at great depths. He believed that the radio device worked on a newly discovered principle involving electrical similarities of matter which had the same chemical, physical and vibrational character.

His device appeared to consist of a large pendulum suspended in a cylindrical glass case which was housed in a black box with compasses on it. The pendulum would trace a line directly from a piece of ore broken from a vein to the vein it was originally taken from. Hair taken from a test subject would lead investigators to the person who had donated the hair sample. It was said to have worked even at a distance of many miles.

Although he would not tell exactly what was in the box, Shufelt believed that by tuning into the individual frequency of a particular material, he could locate similar matter. He believed that the emanations and gravitational factors of matter influenced the pendulum and that, in principle, no two separate things were exactly alike. Shufelt was extremely puzzled when one day, while taking readings near downtown Los Angeles, his instruments showed him what seemed to be a pattern of tunnels which led from what is now the Public Library in the heart of L.A. to the top of Mount Washington and the Southwest Museum to the north in Pasadena.

He proceeded to draw a map and had it copyrighted. What he discovered appeared to be a well planned underground labyrinth with large rooms located at various points, and deposits of apparently man made gold in the chambers and passage ways. (click below image)

Some of the tunnels ran west for 20 miles under the Santa Monica Bay, which he believed were only used for ventilation. Unfortunately, Shufelt had no idea that they were connected to the older ruins of an even greater city which was covered by the Pacific Ocean thousands of years ago during a tremendous earthquake and subsequent flood.

The subterranean complex he had discovered was used for emergencies and was only designed to accommodate 5,000 people or less. Food supplies of imperishable herbs were stored in sufficient quantities which would enable the survivors to live underground until it was safe to come back to the surface. Valuable personal belongings and utensils were also brought into the complex along with historical records and gold treasures.

During his research, he met a Hopi Indian named Chief Little Green Leaf, who told him about the legend of an ancient race of "Lizard People". The legends said that about 4,000 to 5,000 years ago, an enormous meteor shower fell on the western coast covering an area hundreds of miles wide. Winslow crater in northern Arizona is only one of the pieces that fell from the sky at that time.

Thousands of people were killed, their crops wiped out, dwellings destroyed, and the forests set on fire. The surviving members of the medicine lodge, which had remained on the west coast, met to make plans for constructing safe areas. The sentinels of the sky gave their warning that it was time to enter the shelters and seal the shafts behind themselves. They were forced to go underground to save them selves from a gigantic meteor shower which devastated most of the west coast of the US.

The "Lizard People" of Los Angeles survived the meteor shower, but were killed by natural gas leaking into their bunkers. Shufelt believed that they had built 13 such underground facilities in different areas for such a purpose. One was located in the eastern section of Arizona in a small town called Springerville and was only discovered recently. Another was located under a hill which was surrounded by a curving ridge of mountains like the middle of a horse's hoof. This is exactly the type of terrain seen in downtown L.A. in the area that is now the Board of Education, which is built over the ruins of the old Willis Estate on top of Fort Moore hill. Shufelt and his partner Chief Little Green Leaf were both convinced that the ancient legends and the readings from Shufelt's mystery machine were true.

They decided to obtain a permit to sink a shaft down into the ruins of the subterranean city. They located a vacant lot at 518 North Hill Street, directly above one of the largest rooms. On 21st February 1933, the County Board of Supervisors approved a contract with Rex McCreary, Warren Shufelt and Ray Martin to search for buried treasure there. The permittees were to bear all expenses, to leave the property in its original condition, and to share 50% of all discoveries and treasure with the city of L.A.

The county originally only allowed them to dig up to depths of 50 feet for fear of cave-ins. On 27th March 1933 they requested additional time and depths on their permit, believing that the labyrinth of tunnels was at least 1,900 feet in length, with rooms containing 9,000 square feet which contained valuable gold treasure in at least 16 places.

On 10th April 1933 the contract was renewed. By the end of November in 1933, the main shaft was at a depth of 200 feet. Shufelt was determined to drill to a depth of 1,000 feet if necessary. On 29th January 1934, the first stories regarding the legend of the "Lost Land of the Lizard People" made the L.A. newspapers. By this time, one of the five shafts was already 250 feet deep.

According to the legend and the radio surveys, the underground city was laid out in the shape of a lizard, with its tail under the Main Library at Fifth and Hope, and the body extending Northeast, with the head being at Lookout and Marda near North Broadway. The key room to the city was located under Second and South Broadway. The legends state that the key room is the directory to the rest of the city, and to the historical gold record tablets. These gold tablets were slabs of gold, 4 feet long and 14 inches wide.

The tablets were believed to contain the records of the origins of the human race, and the history of modern man in the Americas, including details regarding the history of the mysterious Mayan people. Shufelt's radio-wave machine mapped the rooms and tunnels as subsurface voids, with the gold slabs as dark areas, showing perfect geometric angles.

The rooms, seven of which occurred within an area of six square city blocks, varied in size from 23' x 23' to 34' x 42'. The room below the first shaft was 31' x 42', and the key room was the smallest. Water had seeped into some of the tunnels, and several of the rooms including the largest were flooded. Shufelt was prepared to use divers to explore the submerged areas when they finally broke into the subterranean city. Chief Little Green Leaf claimed that the "Lizard People" had been able to predict earthquakes and that he had also been able to do so.

He had accurately predicted the destruction of the Long Beach quake on 10th March 1933, a month in advance. He believed that it was easy for anyone to tell 96 hours in advance when an earthquake was coming, because the needle on a compass would become demagnetized and refuse to point north. By the beginning of February 1934, the first shaft had reached a depth greater than 250 feet and was still being dug, despite difficulty caused by the water encountered in its path.

Several newspaper articles featured updates on the project. Shortly after all the media attention was focused on this search for the lost city under L.A., the project was suddenly stopped and abandoned. On 5th March 1934, the shafts had been filled in and the contract with the city was canceled. Neither gold nor any other treasure was ever turned over to the County of Los Angeles.

Mr. Arche Dunning of the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce stated in December of 1947 that,

"It is quite possible, of course, that the supposed labyrinth really exists. But in view of the fact that the overlaying area is the immediate Civic Center area where an important building program is to be carried out, including federal, state, county and city building, there is little probability of any further excavations."

This is really not a true statement because it is necessary to excavate many hundreds of feet into the ground before a high-rise building can be constructed. Also, one should consider that sewage systems are all underground. And let's not forget the new Metro Rail System, which rises up from many feet below the Civic Center before it speeds commuters on their way. Long ago even the Chinese dug tunnels around the area which is now the train yard.

These red brick subsurface tunnels were used for their safe passage, from one end of Old Chinatown to the other and are now an historic landmark found preserved at Alvera Street. It is quite possible that there is another city below the L.A. Civic Center which only a small number of people have access to. The question is, who?

Reference and further information

Ancient "Lizard People" Underground in LA?

Mount Shasta, Home of the Ancients, by Bruce Walton, 1985, Mokelumne Health Research

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

LIZARD PEOPLE UPDATE

Dear Duncan,

Here is a reptilian relic that was found in Los Angeles in 1954 that neatly fits into the "Lost Land of the Lizard People" article [see NEXUS 2/19]. Enclosed is a photo of an artifact that is definitely very old, depicting a full-bodied dragon.

The upper section of the medallion is made of pure silver that was somehow fused to a copper-alloy base which is composed of over 40 different types of metal. The medallion's actual dimensions are 7/8" (width) x 1/4" (length) x 1/l6" (depth).

The man who found it, Mr. G., was an aerospace engineer who lived and worked for the US Government in Chatsworth, California. The artifact was found while Mr. G. was helping a friend, who lived on the northern shore of Chatsworth Reservoir, repair the wooden stairway to the front porch. Mr. G. dropped his hammer, which fell into a soft sandy area, and when he reached to pull his hammer out he noticed this small metal medallion.

Mr. G. still has the artifact in his possession, and after much research feels that it belonged to an ancient race of space people named ALTEC, who left behind their influence on this world long ago. The Friendly or Sleeping Dragon is a very old symbol, one which has definite connections to UFO's.

I once had the opportunity to show a picture of a Pleiadian-style UFO to a man from Bhutan (near Tibet) and asked if he had ever seen such a thing. He replied that yes, they did see them often and that they were called "Friendly Dragon".

Chatsworth is located in Los Angeles County near the northwest border of the city and county lines. It is likely that a Chinese laborer lost this artifact while working in Chatsworth on railroad construction, around the turn of the century. There is a railroad tunnel that was cut by the Chinese through a solid red rock ridge called the Santa Suzana Pass near the Chatsworth Lake. Old Chinatown is located in downtown Los Angeles and was built where the new rail-yard now sits.

New Chinatown is built over much of the old tunnel systems that the first Chinese leaders had constructed for their 'safety' when they first arrived in the area. It is possible that engineer/inventor G. W. Shufelt did not know what he had stumbled onto electronically, and it is also logical that Chinese people would not admit to the existence of a secure system of tunnels and rooms they had worked so hard to build in secret.

There may even have existed a series of older tunnels and rooms that the Chinese discovered during their own excavations and construction. However, the Federal Government definitely stepped in during the '50s and took control of the entire underground tunnel system for their Cold War operations, adding many new paranoid-influenced improvements over the years that followed.

In the '9Os, two suspicious arson fires were started as a distraction while ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence) operatives gained access to the secret entrance that Shufelt located in the basement of what is now the main library. There is more to this story than can be told at this time.

IBserenity thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wait wht happened to the Baby girl? did u just leave her there? 😕
sweetsang thumbnail
hi...IBserenity
m getting ol this off da web...not my stories... 😳
IBserenity thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sangeetarangdal

hi...IBserenity
m getting ol this off da web...not my stories... 😳

ohhhhhhhhhhh! Well it was in first person so i couldn't tell. Good work though, had fun reading them!

sweetsang thumbnail
true story from web

Strange phenomenon have followed my brother and I for most of our lives. We stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado when we were little. We saw the ghosts there. I grew up used to it all. So for a time, I hired myself out as a "Ghostbuster", when that was popular. One of the strangest cases I ever worked on, was the one and only time I ever actually experienced Clairvoyance.

I got a call from a lady who was concerned about her son. He was a normally quiet boy. He'd turned violent. Throwing the neighbor boy down the stairs. He spent a lot of time sitting in the closet. Which was what prompted her to call me. She'd heard closets were 'doorways' to the otherside.

I arrived at her house on a sunny afternoon. She was on the second floor in a tiny apartment complex. She greeted me at the door and as I stepped into the house, I was suddenly - somewhere else.

This had never happened to me before. I was a bit disoriented and reached out for the wall on my left. Lucky for me, the entryway I'd actually gone through was similar to the one I was seeing.

Jane said: Are you all right?

I answered: I'm not in your house. I'm in a beach house. I can see the ocean straight infront of me. Out a huge window. No, sliding glass doors. The whole back wall is a sliding glass door. There is a grand piano and a furry white rug. The whole house is white. There is a sunken living room, with white leather couches, there. (I said, pointing to my right)

I walked forward, and noticed a trail of blood, from the piano to the hallway. At this point, Jane, trying to stop me from walking into her wall, touched my shoulder and broke the vision.

The house I had described was her uncle's. He had committed suicide. He cut his wrists and played the piano until he died. He had been gay. And she had been the only family member to accept him as such. He had left her his old upright piano. Of course, it was in storage, in the basement. Just beneath her son's closet.

His ghost wasn't actually in the house. But the anger he felt when he killed himself seemed to be clinging to the old upright. So I did a 'cleansing'. Jane, being a good catholic, thought it very strange. It was a difficult one, but I got it done.

She never had trouble again.

I like this one alot. :D but again not me :p

When I was 17, before I was married to my first husband, I found out that I was pregnant. At the time I was carrying twins. A few weeks later I began having complications and one of the babies had died. At the time, I lived with my parents. My best friend and I shared a room which had been added on to the house years before. One morning I had woke up very early and felt a strange presence staring at me. In the corner of my bedroom by the door, I saw a small child. She was a little girl about 3 or 4 years old. She had long golden brown curls and she was dressed in a frilly blue dress. She looked very upset and very afraid. I attempted to talk to her, but she disappared. At the time, I didn't mention this to anyone in the house but continued to see her quite often. Each time I would try to speak with her and she would disappear. Then one night, my mom, my best friend and I were all in my room laying in my bed and talking. My mom turned her head toward the corner of the room. She! ! turned a bit pale then shook her head. She stated that she must be too tired because she was starting to see things. At that time, I knew it wasn't just me anymore and asked her what she saw. She stated that she saw a beautiful little girl standing in the corner.

I asked her to describe her and she described everything exactly as I had seen her. I then explained that I saw this child frequently and how I had tried to communicate with her. My mother suggested that I keep trying. For the next few months, I would talk to this little spirit and before long she stopped disappearing but still made no effort to respond. In late November of 1995, I gave birth to my oldest child, Katelyn.

The little spirit was now becoming a very frequent visitor. She would push my daughter in her wind up swing, play with her in her walker, and watch over her while she slept. But the whole time, the little girl seemed sad. Then one night, she came to me in a dream and asked me what I would have named her had she been born too. That is when I realized that this was the child that I had lost. I told her that I would have named her Courtney and in my dream, I held her in my arms. Since that night, she has appeared less frequently and when she does, she is smiling. My daughter is now two and looks identical to the little spirit who once stood in my room every night. I know she still visits her sister. Katelyn has told me about how Courtie comes to play with her and her new baby brother, and I feel secure that there is such a precious angel looking out for them.

Ooo i wanna go check this one out :p

I am currently studying at university in the very old , historic city of Edinburgh. This is a true story which happened to me and two friends (Kirsty and Carol) during the winter months of 1992. Those who have visited Edinburgh will know that the old part of the town is extremely creepy, cold and damp especially at night. It is also where all the best bars in town are.

This experience happened one weekend when my pal Kirsty was visiting me I decided to show her the nightlife in Edinburgh. We had only been to a couple of pubs so we were in complete control of all our faculties. After stopping to get some chips, we decided to make our way to the next pub. Not knowing the city very well, I thought it would be quicker to take a short cut through some of the dark alley ways. BIG MISTAKE. Anyway whilst walking through an alley called Brodericks Close, we felt a really wierd sensation. Like someone had thrown cold water over us. We started to walk faster, and began to panic. I thought someone was following us and began to run, with Kirsty and Carol in hot pursuit.

We were pretty shaken by this experience but it was soon forgotten after a couple more Jack Daniels.Until the next evening...

Edinburgh has a reputation as one of the most haunted cities in Europe and there are plenty of ghost tours to cater for the tourists. I decided to take Kirsty on one of these guided tours the next evening, we were enjoying the tour until the guide stopped at the top of the alley we had walked down the night before, Brodericks Close! He took the group down and proceeded to tell us its history. During the 16th century a man shot and killed a judge. He was then caught and hung, drawn and quatered. His body was hung at the city gates as a warning to others. One night his body was taken down and buried at the murder site (Bordericks Close) without a Christian burial. Story has it that this was done so that the constant footsteps of people walking through the close would keep his soul awake in torment. A few years back when renivating the close his body was discovered and given a christian burial.

We told the tour guide what had happened the previous night and he said that the close had a bad repuation. Up until the body was found there were often sightings of the ghost who was named Johnny One Arm (stupid name for a ghost), though since the body had been removed there had been no sightings but people on the tour often commented on the uneasy feeling they had when in the close.

sweetsang thumbnail
have any of you ever watched the exorcism of emily rose? well it really was based on true events and this is the true story of what happened.

Emily Rose is actually Anneliese Michel. From her birth on the 21st of September, 1952, Anneliese Michel enjoyed the life of a normal, religiously nurtured young girl. Without warning, her life changed on a day in 1968 when she began shaking and found she was unable to control her body. She could not call out for her parents, Josef and Anna, or any of her 3 sisters. A neurologist at the Psychiatric Clinic Wurzburg diagnosed her with "Grand Mal" epilepsy. Because of the strength of the epileptic fits, and the severity of the depression that followed, Anneliese was admitted for treatment at the hospital.

Soon after the attacks began, Anneliese started seeing devilish grimaces during her daily praying. It was the fall of 1970, and while the young people of the world were enjoying the liberal freedoms of the time, Anneliese was battling with the belief that she was possessed. It seemed there was no other explanation for the appearance of devilish visions during her prayers. Voices also began following her, saying Anneliese will "stew in hell". She mentioned the "demons" to the doctors only once, explaining that they have started to give her orders. The doctors seem unable to help, and Anneliese lost hope that medicine was going to be able to cure her.

In the summer of 1973, her parents visited different pastors to request an exorcism. Their requests were rejected and they were given recommendations that the now 20 year old Anneliese should continue with medication and treatment. It was explained that the process by which the Church proves a possession (Infestatio) is strictly defined, and until all the criterium is met, a Bishop can not approve an exorcism. The requirements, to name a few, include an aversion to religious objects, speaking in a language the person has never learned, and supernatural powers.

In 1974, after supervising Anneliese for some time, Pastor Ernst Alt requested a permit to perform the exorcism from the Bishop of Wurzburg. The request was rejected, and a recommendation soon followed saying that Anneliese should live even more of a religious lifestyle in order to find peace. The attacks did not diminish, and her behavior become more irratic. At her parents house in Klingenberg, she insulted, beat, and began biting the other members of her family. She refused to eat because the demons would not allow it. Anneliese slept on the stone floor, ate spiders, flies, and coal, and even began drinking her own urine. She could be heard screaming throughout the house for hours while breaking crucifixes, destroying paintings of Jesus, and pulling apart rosaries. Anneliese began committing acts of self-mutilation at this time, and the act of tearing off her clothes and urinating on the floor became commonplace.

After making an exact verification of the possession in September 1975, the Bishop of Wurzburg, Josef Stangl, assigned Father Arnold Renz and Pastor Ernst Alt with the order to perform "The Great Exorcism" on Anneliese Michel. The basis for this ritual was the "Rituale Romanum", which was still, at the time, a valid Cannon Law from the 17th century. It was determined that Anneliese must be saved from the possession by several demons, including Lucifer, Judas Iscariot, Nero, Cain, Hitler, and Fleischmann, a disgraced Frankish Priest from the 16th century, and some other damned souls which had manifested through her. From September '75 until July '76, one or two exorcism sessions were held each week. Anneliese's attacks were sometimes so strong that she would have to be held down by 3 men, or even chained up. During this time, Anneliese found her life somewhat return to normal as she could again go to school, take final examinations at the Pedagogic Academy in Wurzburg, and go to church.

The attacks, however, did not stop. In fact, she would more often find herself paralyzed and falling unconscious than before. The exorcism continued over many months, always with the same prayers and incantations. Sometimes family members and visitors, like one married couple that claims to have "discovered" Anneliese, would be present during the rituals. For several weeks, Anneliese denied all food. Her knees ruptured due to the 600 genuflections she performed obsessively during the daily exorcism. Over 40 audio tapes record the process, in order to preserve the details.

The last day of the Exorcism Rite was on June 30th, 1976, and Anneliese was suffering at this point from Pneumonia. She was also totally emaciated, and running a high fever. Exhausted and unable to physically perform the genuflections herself, her parents stood in and helped carry her through the motions. "Beg for Absolution" is the last statement Anneliese made to the exorcists. To her mother, she said, "Mother, I'm afraid." Anna Michel recorded the death of her daughter on the following day, July 1st, 1976, and at noon, Pastor Ernst Alt informed the authorities in Aschaffenburg. The senior prosecutor began investigating immediately.

A short time before these final events unfolded, William Friedkin's "The Exorcist" (1974) came to the cinemas in Germany, bringing with it a wave of paranormal hysteria that flooded the nation. Psychiatrists all over Europe reported an increase of obsessive ideas among their patients. Prosecutors took more than 2 years to to take Annaliese's case to court, using that time to sort through the bizarre facts. Anneliese's parents and the two exorcists were accused of negligent homocide. The "Klingenberg Case" would be decided upon two questions: What caused the death of Anneliese Michel, and who was responsible?

According the forensic evidence, "Anneliese starved to death". Specialists claimed that if the accused would have begun with forced feeding one week before her death, Anneliese's life would have been saved. One sister told the court that Anneliese did not want to go to a mental home where she would be sedated and forced to eat. The exorcists tried to prove the presence of the demons, playing taped recordings of strange dialogues like that of two demons arguing about which one of them would have to leave Anneliese's body first. One of the demons called himself Hitler, and spoke with a Frankish accent (Hitler was born in Austria). Not one of those present during the exorcism ever had a doubt about the authenticity of the presence of these demons.

The psychiatrists, whom had been ordered to testify by the court, spoke about the "Doctrinaire Induction". They said that the priests had provided Anneliese with the contents of her psychotic behavior. Consequentially, they claimed, she later accepted her behavior as a form of demonic possession. They also offered that Anneliese's unsettled sexual development, along with her diagnosed Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, had influenced the psychosis.

The verdict was considered by many as not as harsh as they expected. Anneliese's parents, as well as the exorcists, were found guilty of manslaughter resulting from negligence and omitting first aid. They were sentenced to 6 months in jail and probation. The verdict included the opinion of the court that the accused should have helped by taking care of the medical treatment that the girl needed, but instead, their use of naive practices aggrivated Anneliese's already poor constitution.

A commission of the German Bishop-Conference later declared that Anneliese Michel was not possessed, however, this did not keep believers from supporting her struggles, and it was because so many believed in her that Anneliese's body did not find peace with death. Her corpse was exhumed eleven and a half years after her burial, only to confirm that it had decayed as would have been expected under normal circumstances. Today, her grave remains a place of pilgrimage for rosary-praying and for those who believe that Anneliese Michel bravely fought the devil.

In 1999, Cardinal Medina Estevez presented journalists in Vatican-City the new version of the "Rituale Romanum" that has been used by the Catholic Church since 1614. The updates came after more than 10 years of editing and is called "De exorcismis et supplicationibus quibusdam" otherwise known as "The exorcism for the upcoming millennium". The Pope approbated the new Exorcism Rite, which is now allowed for worldwide use. This new form of exorcism came after the German Bishop-Conference demanded to ultimately abolish the "Rituale Romun". It also came more than 20 years after Anneliese Michel had died..