Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Inasense

Do you think there should be a ban against underweight models taking part in a catwalk?
Is the issue of girls/women trying to achieve the rail-thin look by developing eating disorder solely due to the models of the catwalk, because as i see it this issue isn't just around the catwalk it's everywhere in magazines, film industries etc most people recognise that as beauty.
Is it necessary to take such drastic action or is it up to the fashion organisers to set a new trend and put things right?
Do you think any kind of action (whether it be a ban or effects of fashion organisers) will have any impact or is it a global standard which cannot be reversed?

I think YES..they should be banned..not only for their own health reasons but also b'coz it gives a good example to the youngesters that being too thin is dangerous..this way at least the teenagers would think twice before copying them...

btw...^ the above pic. is scary..🀒 cudnt stand thatπŸ˜’

Edited by Star_on_earth - 17 years ago
Tearðrops thumbnail
I don't think a ban as such would help. As Sheen pointed out the photographs of underweight celebs - i don't think a ban would affect them whatsoever since they aren't catwalk models. What i'm saying is a ban would only restrict fashion models and this is much more widespread than within the fashion industry whereas, if Fashion organisers decided of their own free will to have healthier women model at catwalks this may have an effect on the judgement that people make of what the 'right' size should be for a women.
*~Sapna~* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

banning would be too hard...but I would say that they also have some healthy models...

ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
lEdited by ani11 - 14 years ago

I don't think a ban is necessary but I would go for a good healthy body mass range for models. That way it can accommodate both slim and heavy models. No one wants to see anorexic models like the one posted in this thread. I don't want to see obese women either. I would say that there should be events for full figured models too so that large women don't feel isolated. Being too thin or obese are both signs of unhealthy lifestyle and both shouldn't be encouraged or made roll-models for the young.

brownxbabiie thumbnail
ban them
if ur a bit curvy then ppl call u fat
look at tyra bankss ppl made fun of her saying she was so fat but she was saying that we should promote healthy models
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

absolutey!!  child obesity and type II diabetes 🀒🀒  extremely prevalent..
why can't ppl just stay healthy..

Come one what is type II in children... So now kids have to live on fat free /sugar-free stuff.... just cos an endocrinologist thinks he saw more children.. with diabetes.. isnt diabetes related to age relevant obsesity and related pancreas. malfucntion..so too much of football causes brain disorders and bakset ball can cause degenerative joint disorder...soon they will come with too much of chess causes rapid wear and tear of the neurons.. so making children into some idiots...let the imagination free...πŸ˜†.. we will always have some statistics to support it..πŸ˜†

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

Come one what is type II in children... So now kids have to live on fat free /sugar-free stuff.... just cos an endocrinologist thinks he saw more children.. with diabetes.. isnt diabetes related to age relevant obsesity and related pancreas. malfucntion..so too much of football causes brain disorders and bakset ball can cause degenerative joint disorder...soon they will come with too much of chess causes rapid wear and tear of the neurons.. so making children into some idiots...let the imagination free...πŸ˜†.. we will always have some statistics to support it..πŸ˜†

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Luv ya too Monica!! πŸ˜ƒ   πŸ€— πŸ€—
I guess it is important for kids to start eating right things and right amounts of those and know that extreme of any kind in eating behaviour should be avoided.
loved your post    πŸ‘
qt di