Prajakta Shukre: Life After Indian Idol

anonmember thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
P.S

PRAJAKTA SHUKRE SPEAKS ON HER JOURNEY AFTER INDIAN IDOL

So far, so good
Zoha Tapia

FROM small town Khandwa in Madhya Pradesh to her first album Dhakka, this 19-year-old Indian Idol finalist — Prajakta Shukre has come a long way. "This is my first solo album," she gushes with excitement, "and a dream come true."

Brimming with joy, she constantly loves each moment of her recently acquired fame. "Indian Idol has given me an unbelievable platform. I have grown up so much. From a staid std XII student to a singer expected to cater to assorted tastes , the makeover has been gradual and amazing," she reminisces. Elaborating further on the contest, which changed her life she says, "The magic created by the first season can never be replicated. Even now people recognise me. The feeling is unexplainable."

Released by Sony BMG, her debut album will have Leslie Lewis as the music composer. What's more is that the pretty girl is also starring in the videos. She shares, "The album is a fusion of Marathi and Hindi. The title song Dhakka talks about the pushing which goes on in local trains, buses and queues in specific regard to men pushing women. It shows that today's woman will not take things lying down and if anyone misbehaves with her she knows how to stand up for herself. It's a youthful song, full of energy." The album has around eight songs out of which two even feature compatriots Abhijeet Sawant and Rahul Vaidya.

Besides the album this young girl for whom singing has been a childhood passion is also looking forward for some film projects. "I have sung for Shaadi No1, Jaan-e-Man and the serial Kaajal, besides a few regional films and stage shows but I would love to do some more," she shares. And she is especially yearning to playback for actors like Madhuri Dixit, Kajol and Rani Mukherjee.

And who does she look upto? Reveals the nightingale-in-waiting, "Like all singers, I too, look up to Lata Mangashkar, Asha Bhosale, Mohammad Rafi and Kishore Kumar, who are like the four pillars of singing. I also admire Sonu Nigam, Udit Narayan, Shaan, Shankar Mahadevan, Sukhwinder Singh, Alka Yagnik, Sunidhi Chauhan and Shreya Ghoshal."

Phew! Quite a list that. The gushing apart, Shukre avers that she would like to be an original, with her own signature.

Releasing her album in Pune is special for Prajakta. And not without reason. Says she,"My mother's family lives here and I have fond memories of this city. Releasing my album here is a happy co-incidence."

Cheers to that!

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=221713

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anonmember thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good news for Rahul V and Abhijeet fans. They feature in Prajakta's new fusion (Marathi and Hindi) album as well. 😊
kothra thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow cool..
Interesting..
All the best to prajakta.. 😃
sensation87 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Sonya 😛
prajakta rocks 👏 👏
siddh_v thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Sonya.
Wheres Adi he would like this article.
Amryn thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

thanx sonyaee 4 da updated news..wow all my 3 fav idols abhi, rahul n praju in one album.. sounds really kool n excitin!😛

*Alishba* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Wowww Thts Great Best Of Luck Praju 👏 👏 👏

Thanx Sonya
*Simran* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thts gr8 best of luck 2 her 😆
iluvabhijeetsaw thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail