Change in Simran's character

Akshata thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi all,

The topic"Who is a better mother?" gave rise to these thoughts.

Do you guys feel that Simran has changed over the years? She always stood by the truth no matter who it concerned,then why is she telling so many lies? She is already facing one of her worst crisis with Astha(Gudiya) and is still continuing to lie to her about almost everything.

Agreed that it's hurting her conscience and she wants to tell her but all the same.....

My views:

I feel Simran was badly affected by Astha's loss and Abhi's desertion.Gudiya became her weakness unlike her own Astha who was her strength when she was alone.She had lost so much by then that she did not dare to tell Astha the truth inspite of being told by one and all that she shouldn't hide it from Gudiya.

Now when she has suddenly got so much happiness,she is too afraid of losing it.So she is being cautious.Her actions are a little impulsive and unfair.

It does happen to the best of us,doesn't it? We may have done a lot of good deeds but when we get hurt all the time,sometimes our sense of justice and trust is misplaced.Even now I don't see Simran as selfish but with age she is not able to handle situations bravely and correctly.

What do you think,guys?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

victory thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You've hit the nail on the head, that's absolutely right.

vazz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

She is treading extremely carefully. She does not seem to think of a place, time etc to tell Astha the truth. The more time she takes in conveying, the more misunderstandings Simran and Astha will have.

It is not that she has lost her self confidence, but she is not able to accept the fact that no matter when the matter of Abhi, Sia is revealed, Astha will react the same. Astha will remain immature for a long time may be few years and Simran cannot hide Abhi and Sia for that long. She nees to think on how she will break this to her and calm her down too. She cannot afford to lose her temper nor can she allow Astha to behave like an immature brat. It needs to be done by both Abhi and Simran.