Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 2 days ago

Last 2 minutes for last minute sign-ups. smiley14

Minionite thumbnail

Welcome, welcome, welcome. Welcome my little proteges. smiley15 Before we get started with this season's fun, I decided to give you all a special round. This round you have the chance to win a special privilege that you can use in future rounds. There will be no eliminations. There will be no negative points. There will be no twists. There will be no Shreya ishtyle evilness. The top 10% scorers will simply get a special privilege that they can use in any future round of their choice (assuming they aren't eliminated before they get a chance to use it).

Each correct answer will award you 10 points. There is no negative marking for wrong or blank answers and there are no hints this round.

Now you'll probably be wondering what that special privilege is. Well it is....naa you'll find out after the round is over. Or maybe I can tell you to entice you to participate...hmmm...chalo I'll tell you but at my choosing at any time during the next 2 days. Additionally, that special privilege will only be available to the top 10% scorers...and if there are more than 10% of people who scored that top score, then it'll be based on time the answers were submitted. smiley15

This round will last exactly 2 days - yeah yeah I had to put some Shreya ishtyle evilness in after allsmiley15, so the deadline is Oct 15th 11:59 PM IST.

And now here are your questions:

1. Where did the kalamata olive get its name from?
  2. Name this fruit.
  3. This ethnic group of African-Americans are often considered to have retained considerable African cultural influences, like cooking and folklore, because of their relative isolation. They are located in the Lowcountry region of the Carolinas and Georgia.
  4. What does the French term “bain-marie” mean?
  5. Name this fruit.
  6. Name this spice blend that comes from a region in France. It is composed of fennel, marjoram, parsley, rosemary, tarragon, and thyme.
  7. What does the food term “meze” refer to and which cuisines is it central to?
  8. Name these peas.
  9. A staple of baking known for its malleability and thickness, what almond-based confection is commonly used in decorative cake competitions to create figurines or other complex designs?
  10. What does the French term “mise en place” literally mean and what does it refer to?
  11. Name this vegetable.
  12. Agar-Agar is the vegetarian replacement for what animal-derived ingredient?
  13. What's the name of the famously angry British host on the reality TV show "Hell's Kitchen?"
  14. Name the exact type of bananas these are.
  15. Which spice is derived from the Crocus flower?
  16. This fruit has a smell that is said to resemble “sweaty smelly gym socks”.
  17. Name any one fruit that is scientifically related to roses.
  18. Which rare cheese is this?
  19. What goes into a standard mirepoix?
  20. How many tablespoons are in a cup?
Edited by Minionite - 2 days ago
minakrish thumbnail

I have all answers apart from Number 5. There are multiple fruits coming into mind that look like that.smiley24

SoniRita thumbnail

Sent ans. Ugh those images question i got multiple ans, those images question hi mujhe dubayega

Rosyme thumbnail

Have PM ed you the answers.

Edited by Rosyme - 2 days ago
nutmeg7 thumbnail

Answers sent... images one mei screw ups expected smiley37

CholeKulche thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Pmed you the answers

Image answers were so hard smiley36