Celebrate Navaratri: Share Your Best Memories & Join the Fun!

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Dharma Defenders

Posted: 5 hours ago

Hello Everyone,

As we come together to celebrate the vibrant and auspicious festival of Navaratri and Durga Puja this year, I’m excited to announce something special for all our forum members! 🎉

Let’s begin by taking a trip down memory lane—what's your favourite and most memorable Navaratri experience? Whether it's dancing the night away during Garba, visiting beautifully adorned pandals of Durga Puja, or enjoying the special prasad with family, share the moments that made this festival unforgettable for you!

In addition to reliving these amazing memories, we’re also kicking off an exciting game that will run all the way until Dusshera to celebrate the spirit of Navaratri. Stay tuned for fun challenges, trivia, and surprises along the way!

If you're ready to join the festivities and have a blast, just sign up in this thread by tagging me. Don’t miss out—the signup deadline is 1 AM IST tonight!

Looking forward to hearing your stories and playing together during this joyful season. Let’s make this Navaratri celebration a memorable one for everyone!

Edited by Quantum-Dot - 5 hours ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Dharma Defenders

Posted: 5 hours ago

Tagging the ones who might be interested! Do sign up and invite others too!

SoniRita thumbnail
Posted: 4 hours ago

I will join.

Are you all interested?

Edited by SoniRita - 4 hours ago
Bhavisweet03 thumbnail
Posted: 3 hours ago

Sign me up smiley40

Excited for this smiley42

SoniRita thumbnail

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

Tagging the ones who might be interested! Do sign up and invite others too!

thanks for the tag. I will sign up.
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

I have lot of childhood memories of Durga Pooja and Navratri. I used to live in Mumbai then and we used to visit lot of Durga pandals near our colonies during the day. In the evening we used to see people doing garba, dandiya and used to have fun watching them. These memories may be simple but beautiful for me.

Then we moved to Hyderabad later and every year one rich family of our street build a Durga pandal right in the middle of the street blocking all the traffic. Not even a cyclewala can go on that road because the pandal occupies the whole street. I can understand their devotion for the Goddess but blocking the entire street is something that still annoys me. Anyways, their pandal inside is so beautiful. People have to walk on the ice cubes, cross the bridge, walk through dense dark forests and finally reach Mata ka Darbar. In the evenings, there is large queue of devotees and the queue reaches the main road sometimes and creates traffic problems. People have to take a long cut to reach their homes in those 9 days due to traffic problems. I like their pandals and the beautiful idol of Maata but I just do not like how they create nuisance by blocking traffic in those 9 days.

Anyways, wish you all a Very Happy Navratri.

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Sign me up for all the fun contests and trivia. smiley4

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 hours ago

I will Join

Matarani ki Jai

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 2 hours ago
Palak2812 thumbnail
Posted: an hour ago

Sure

Do sign me up smiley20

Its Navratri

sunshining thumbnail
Posted: 46 minutes ago

Originally posted by: Bhavisweet03

Sign me up smiley40

Excited for this smiley42

thanks for the tag Bhavi. A little tied up with work so doubt I'd be able to take part in the fun activities, but love to share memories of one of my most favourite festival.

Mysore my home town, known as the southern city of palaces, whose dasara celebrations are world famous, when the city comes alive with literally every member of the community taking part in the celebrations.

Streets sparkling with lights, different exhibitions, musical concerts and cultural activities to suit every age and taste. Celebrations every where you look. To top all this, the magnificent mysore palace opened to public to get a peak of the throne and lit up at night with over 100k light bulbs. All this culminating in the grand procession on vijaya dashami when we would push through the crowds just to get a glimpse of the ambari aane(palace elephant) carrying the goddess chamundeshwari idol and the innovative tableaux showcasing the city's rich culture.

Another exciting aspect was planning how to arrange the gombe(gollu) better than the previous year. We'd also look forward to visiting friends place to see their gombe arrangements and be fed with different snacks every day. Ahh So many beautiful memoriessmiley42. Its been a while since I last went back home during dasara. Hoping I can do that in the near future.

Edited by sunshining - 25 minutes ago