Dia_Kapoor thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 days ago

I’ll be honest, I don’t remember what the original plot was, but it’s gonna be what it’s gonna be. I’ll try to continue it from khwaishfan. She SPAMMED my inbox with requests. So muuuahhhh. Here goes nothing.

Chapter 4 (?): Unexpected Feelings

Days passed since Geet joined Khurana Constructions, and Maan found himself immersed in work like never before. With a major project on the horizon, there hadn’t been much time for him to indulge in the light banter he had initially enjoyed with her. Yet, he found himself more fascinated by Geet than ever. Her dedication was palpable, setting her apart from the many privileged interns he had encountered.

“Middle class,” he mused to himself as he observed her hustling around the office. “She must come from a humble background. That’s why she understands the value of hard work.” Unlike those rich wannabes Daadima kept trying to introduce to him, Geet didn’t carry an air of entitlement. She was grounded, focused, and refreshingly authentic.

But there was something else that nagged at him. It was that driver friend of hers, Mohit, who always seemed to be around. Maan had seen them laughing together, and a strange feeling of unease settled in his stomach. They must be dating, he thought, even if he saw Mohit texting other girls occasionally. Just some casual flings, perhaps? But the thought of Geet being romantically involved with someone gnawed at him more than he cared to admit.

Lost in his thoughts, he barely registered when Adi knocked on his door.

“Maan, your clients are here,” Adi announced, pulling him back to reality.

“Right,” Maan replied, straightening his tie and adjusting his jacket. He strode into the conference room, ready to greet Jai Jaiswal, the cocky businessman he had little respect for. Jai had an eye for business, that was true, but he was insufferable nonetheless.

As he entered, Maan scanned the room, searching for Geet. To his surprise, he found her leaning in closer to Jai, engaging him in what seemed to be a personal conversation. An unfamiliar wave of jealousy washed over him, souring his mood instantly.

“Let’s get started,” Adi said, nodding to him to begin the meeting.

Geet quickly slid into her chair, her focus shifting to her notebook. Maan’s mind churned. Why does it bother me so much? He thought, glaring at Jai, who had the audacity to make her laugh. It was irrational, he knew, but Maan couldn’t shake the possessiveness creeping in. He felt as though he had to stake a claim on Geet, to ensure that nobody else could make her smile like that.

Maan jerked himself out of those primitive thoughts. He was shocked at the intensity of his feelings. The meeting progressed smoothly, with Jai presenting a solid collaboration plan. Maan was poised, but he couldn’t shake the image of Geet and Jai standing so close together.

Just as they wrapped up, Maan noticed Jai lingering near Geet, his body language far too casual for Maan’s liking.

“Will I be seeing you soon, Geet?” Jai asked, his tone flirtatious.

“Maybe, maybe not,” she replied, a teasing smile on her lips.

Before Maan could process that exchange, Jai sauntered out of the room. Sasha quipped, “Well, some people here sure know how to make connections,” shooting a smug glance at Geet.

Maan’s heart raced. He glanced at Geet, who looked momentarily hurt. Her gaze darted toward him, almost pleading for him to intervene. But he was frozen, caught off guard by the feelings swirling inside him. Was Geet really interested in Jai? The thought was unsettling.

Then, as if she sensed the tension, Geet straightened her shoulders and replied to Sasha, “Only weak and stupid people try to draw convenient conclusions to soothe their egos. Reality can be simple. We could just be friends who bumped into each other.”

Maan felt relief wash over him. Geet wasn’t interested in Jai; she was above that petty drama. But then guilt hit him—he had allowed his thoughts to spiral. He glanced over at Sasha, who looked smug with her assumptions.

“Enough,” he scolded her, his tone sharper than intended. “You need to be careful with your words. Geet is a valued member of our team, and she deserves your respect.”

Geet’s eyes lit up with gratitude, and Maan felt a warmth spread through him. She wasn’t a damsel in distress; she was a fighter. Geet Handa was a heroine in her own right, and he couldn’t help but admire her strength.

As the meeting concluded, Maan realized that his feelings for Geet were growing deeper than mere admiration. It was a confusing mix of respect, protectiveness, and something he was still trying to understand. What he knew for sure was that he wanted her in his life—if only to keep her laughter close, where he could protect it from anyone who dared to claim it.

ehhhh I’ll continue with just for eh. Because I loved geet fanfics and still want some to continue 😭

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dia_Kapoor thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 days ago
Story for far: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3986153
aparna3011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4