How come no Film releasing on 2nd OCT-Gandhi Jayanti

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 days ago

Gandhi Jayanti day- Its a record breaking day. Besharam,BB and ofcourse WAR!!!how come no films releasing this year

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Because Stree 2 still has to earn to get a higher Indian boxoffice... Don't understimate the power of certain people smiley2

I bet that today, the collection will - again - surpass the 1 cr (if not even the 2 cr)...

You have to wait until 11th of October for major movies...the 4th, it will be The Signature (Anupam Kher movie and remake of a very good Marathi movie)...and that's it (afaIk).

Edited by Clochette - 14 days ago
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Clochette

Because Stree 2 still has to earn to get a higher Indian boxoffice... Don't understimate the power of certain people smiley2

I bet that today, the collection will - again - surpass the 1 cr (if not even the 2 cr)...

You have to wait until 11th of October for major movies...the 4th, it will be The Signature (Anupam Kher movie and remake of a very good Marathi movie)...and that's it (afaIk).

Jigra releasing soon!!! Devra released last week, Maybe they could have released it today.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Quick question, which people? I thought the PVRs etc would want to keep Stree 2 because it is the highest earning movie ever without the giveaways and stuff (afaik)

And ab toh Stree2 will be on prime soon (some can even pay to watch it before it's released on prime)

It looks like the timing has been perfect for Street, till 11th, it's kinda undisturbed and post that it will disappear (coz it will be on prime and people won't go to theatres for the movie)

And movie releases are decided way in advance (atleast a month or so) so unless someone predicted and/or tried to control the whole thing to give Stree the advantage, it's like a conspiracy theory saying ki someone is not allowing other movies in (which m sure you are not saying)

It's already set a record, abhi some other movie just has to be good enough to break it (or atleast create the hype)

And I also didn't think Maddock has that reach to control stuff, else Bhediya, which was a decent watch, would have succeeded too (atleast on the basis of the Stree verse)

Edited by oh_nakhrewaali - 14 days ago
Clochette thumbnail

Well, Devara isn't really making big Hindi waves - at the moment...and it's AA Films (Hindi distributor) concurring with PTR and PEN and the co-producer Jio Studios...

I really think that there is the endeavour for Stree 2 to reach a certain goal...

Clochette thumbnail

I absolutely agree with you as for the timing having been (and still being) perfect for Stree 2 smiley1 Just looking at all the holidays/festive days the movie got in an almost competition-free run for (until 11 th october) a bit more than eight weeks...

But the timing isn't the only ingredient of the 'success-meal' Stree 2 is dishing out smiley1

Edited by Clochette - 14 days ago
oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Singham again should have released today

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Sarva Pitru Amavasya falls on 2nd October 2024. That may be the reason no movie is releasing today.

Also conspiracy of Maddock making sure no release happens to get high numbers is ridiculous. Stree 2 is already Highest Hindi Movie of India. Acknowledge by all and yrf even.

Stree 2 already released on Prime on 27th September. Though see it is on Rent. Oh good. But still it released where ppl might just end up watching home.

Major reason for movies not releasing today seems to be Sarva Pitru Amavasya.

Clochette thumbnail

Autumn, why should there be a "conspiracy" from Maddock's side??? No need for that...

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Autumn, why should there be a "conspiracy" from Maddock's side??? No need for that...

Your earlier post hinted that imo.