Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 days ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

We'll see if the people involved have learned their lesson or not. I doubt they have learned anything but they're just killing Bollywood and Filmfare even quicker if they try to resort to such trickery again. If she thinks having the most Best Actress Filmfares, and breaking that record with a flimsy film like Jigra, will earn her anymore audience respect, she has another thing coming.

I don't agree that Kriti in TBMAUJ is equivalent to Alia winning for Rocky aur Rani. Alia was considered the least impressive performance in her movie. Her sarees were the most noteworthy thing about her. She couldn't even attempt to play a Bengali. I actually liked her performance more than most here, but it wasn't noteworthy. Ranveer's role was written for him and no one else could pull that off. KJo said he wrote Rani for Alia but just about any actress could have done it. Kajol, Rani, Preity, Aishwarya in their heydays could have done this and far more successfully. From the current crop, Deepika, Anushka, Parineeti, and I'd argue even Katrina could have done this (minus the Bengali part for Katrina but it's not like Alia made any efforts there either).

Meanwhile there was genuine audience love for Kriti's role in TBMALJ. When that film debuted, I saw rave reviews for the movie and especially Kriti's performance that Sifra was going to become an iconic fan fav. We'll have to wait some years to see if that actually happens or not, but these were some of the best reviews I've seen from Kriti and I'm talking about regular people here, not critics. People I know who don't even like Bollywood generally found this movie very fresh and creative. I'd have to see the full lineup of the year's nominated female performances to see if Kriti really is the best or not, but it wouldn't shock me if she was considered the most memorable. It may also been in Filmfare's favor to let an outsider win next year, whether it's someone like Vidya or Kriti.

I guess we have to wait and watch jigra first to reach this conclusion

alia winning for RRKPK was a joke but she was brilliant in gangubai and deserved every award for it..so we have to wait where jigra falls in the picture..if it is another gangubai level performance..she should surely win regardless of how undeserving she was for RRKPK..

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: cougarTown

I guess we have to wait and watch jigra first to reach this conclusion

alia winning for RRKPK was a joke but she was brilliant in gangubai and deserved every award for it..so we have to wait where jigra falls in the picture..if it is another gangubai level performance..she should surely win regardless of how undeserving she was for RRKPK..

And I feel this is the optimistic post.

As for Ganguabi, she was deeply miscast. Felt very inauthentic in that role as she lacked the physicality and even the age factor to pull it off. It reminds me of Leonardo Di Caprio (an actor I generally loathe) who also regularly gets cast in roles that he simply cannot pull off because he looks like a child.

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Thank God SRK won over that overrated nepo Flopbir

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 days ago

Ideally Vikrant should have won best actor and VIdhu best director.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

Ideally Vikrant should have won best actor and VIdhu best director.

Vidhu did win best director at FF and IIFA. He was even there & he has badmouth these awards in past
JustWandering thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: e1t53e

I thought someone stole his wig or something.smiley36

Wig snatched 💅🏽 #wigbir …..

(Word limit crap)

982283 thumbnail

smiley37 IMO it should have been Vicky for Sam Bahadur !

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: oyebollywood

Title se laga Ranbir ka wallet ya car chori Hui....smiley36

I thought the same thing. I had just finished reading about Govinda’s news so I thought it was a bad and bizarre day in Bollywood.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I thought the same thing. I had just finished reading about Govinda’s news so I thought it was a bad and bizarre day in Bollywood.

I don't really believe that Govinda shot himself..There may have been some dispute, which is being covered up..These days guns don't go off by accident.Those old hunting rifles may have faulty catches/latches..

Edited by you2 - 13 days ago
oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

He can be known as Ranwig kapoor . . . .

. . . . . smiley37