Ve Kamleya - A Tale of Choosing Oneself

vira76 thumbnail
Most Liked (July 2024) 1 Thumbnail Most Liked (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 18 days ago

Previously on Mumbai Blues...

Scene: The Uncharted Horizon

He looks around at the stunned faces of his family with a determined face and speaks again in a clear loud voice, "Nahi... Main Arshi se shadi nahi karoonga. I am not going to marry Arshi Mukharajee!"

The declaration hangs heavy in the air, leaving everyone stunned. The weight of Anirudh’s decision is clear, but the reasons behind it are yet to unfold, leaving the Bose family grappling with the shock of his unexpected stand.

...................................................................................................................................................

Mumbai

It's been two days since Anirudh left for Kolkata, and not once has he called or sent a message. Jhanak is finding it increasingly difficult to keep him out of her thoughts. His absence feels more pronounced as his cabin sits right in front of her desk, a constant reminder every time she looks up.

While she is lost in thought, staring at the empty cabin, her temporary manager, Anusha, approaches her.

"Jhanak?!" Anusha’s voice pulls her abruptly back to reality.

"Ji..." Jhanak quickly rises from her seat. "Ji mam, aapane bulaya?"

"Yes, we need to leave in a few for the audition hall. Anirudh ne tumhe contact kiya kya regarding the audition round today? I am waiting to hear back from him. I was wondering if he contacted you at all"

"Ji nahi. Muze unho ne contact nahi kiya in do dino me. Aapako bhi koi contact nahi kiya ab tak mam?"

"Haan, maine multiple emails bheje this morning. Shayad he is busy with travel or family." Anusha pauses for a moment, her brow furrowed slightly in thought. "Anyway, I will ask Mr. Shubhramanyam, not to worry. Tum half an hour me ready rehana, we need to look over the arrangements for the audition round today."

"Ji, sure. I will be ready", Jhanak assures her.

As Anusha leaves, Jhanak sinks back into her chair, a wave of unease washing over her.

"Sirji ne Anusha mam ko bhi contact nahi kiya? Wo thik to honge na? Unaki tabiyat bhi thik nahi thi...
Wo thik se kolkata to pohnche honge na? Kahi raste me unhe kuch ho to nahi gaya?"

Her mind spins with worry, imagining worst-case scenarios.

"Ye main kya soch rahi hoon? Busy bhi to ho sakate hai jaisa Anusha mam ne kaha. Aur bimar honge to unake ghar wale bhi to hain khayal rakane ke liye... aur arshi didi bhi..."

She hesitates, her fingers hovering over her phone, "Kya ek message bhej doon? Haan Anusha mam ko important kam tha to kam ke liye bhej hi sakati hoon..."

Jhanak sends a message to Anirudh convincing herself it's purely for work purposes, removes any lingering thoughts about Anirudh, and tries to focus back on her work.

...................................................................................................................................................

Kolkata

Anirudh stands in the middle of the hall, his bag clenched tightly in one hand, ready to leave for Mumbai. The atmosphere in the room is heavy with tension. His family has gathered around, along with Arshi’s, their voices blending into a storm of accusations and disbelief. The weight on Anirudh's chest feels even heavier with the chaos in the room, suffocating him.

Screen Shot 2024-09-29 at 2.19.00 PM_Original.jpeg

It's been two days since he came back to Kolkata but it feels like it's been months. Every moment stretches painfully long as if time itself has slowed under the weight of his decision. Each breath, each conversation is a repetition of the same battle—trying to make his family understand that he no longer wants to be engaged to Arshi and that he needs to move on with his life.

"Aakhir kar uss ladaki ne meri ladaki ki zindagi barbad kar hi di! Usane Anirudh ko apani jaal me phasa hi liya!" Shristi’s sharp voice cuts through the air. "Dekha Arshi, kaha tha na maine...par meri baat par kisi ne bharosa nahi kiya! "

Anirudh feels a surge of anger rises within him at the mention of Jhanak’s name. His glare meets Shristi’s, a warning not to cross that line. But before he can speak, Arshi steps in front of him, her eyes searching his with a mix of desperation and defiance.

"Ani, tumhe ye sagai todani hai to tod do, main bhi dekati hoon meri itani bezzati karane ke bad tum khush kaise rehate ho!", she challenges, her voice trembling with barely contained fury. "Lekin agar tum Jhanak ki vajah se muz se shadi todana chahe to ho to main bhi chup nahi rahoongi, uss ladaki ko barbad kar dungi! Ye mera wada hai tumase aur khud se!"

The cold threat in Arshi’s voice stuns him.

Thammi’s trembling voice breaks the brief silence. "Wo ladaki yaha se gyi phir bhi apana kala saya mere parivar par chod kar gayi hai! Pata nahi mere Ani ko kya ho gaha hai! Arshi se shadi karane ke liye achanak se kyu mana kar raha hai!?"

Screen Shot 2024-09-29 at 4.38.39 PM_Original.jpeg

Shubho steps closer, his face reddened with frustration, jabbing a finger toward Anirudh, "Anirudh! Main tumhe Arshi se shadi nahi todane doonga. Aur uss ladaki ki wajah se to bilkul bhi nahi !" His voice rises with each word,"Pehale bhi tumhari wajah se hamari bohot badnami hui hai! Kab samazonge tum? Aur kitana sharminda karana chahate ho hume?"

Bipasha, never one to miss an opportunity, adds fuel to the fire, "Haan kaku, zaroor uss Jhanak ki vagah se hi Ani ne achanak se shadi todane ka phaisala liya hai. Sach sach batao Ani, Jhanak Mumbai me hain na tumhare sath?"

Her words burn him. He feels his control slipping, but Tanuja interrupts, "Bipasha! Kuch bhi bol rahi ho tum! Arshi aur uss ladaki ka koi mukabala nahi hai! Mera beta aisa koi kam kar hi nahi sakata... Ani, tum batao, aakhir kya vajah hai? Kyu shadi todane ki zid pakad li hai tumane?"

Anirudh’s gaze sweeps over them all, the people who raised him, who knew him best—yet they had no idea what was happening inside him. They want answers, but no one seems to care about what he want! Every word, every accusation pressed in on him until the walls felt like they were closing in.

How could they not see it? How could they not understand? He wasn’t breaking off the engagement for Jhanak. It was for himself—for the love that didn’t exist between him and Arshi, for the truth he could no longer deny.

Screen Shot 2024-09-29 at 4.38.07 PM_Original.jpeg

But standing here, surrounded by those he calls family, he feels more alone than ever.

( I will narrate this chapter around this song )

Ve kamleya, ve kamleya
Ve kamleya mere nadaan dil
Ve kamleya, ve kamleya

O crazy one, O crazy one
O crazy but innocent heart of mine
O crazy one, O crazy one

Anirudh finally gathers enough strength to speak, his voice shaking with both anger and heartbreak, "Vajah ... Vajah .... Vajah ... janani hai aapako?" he repeats.

His tone is growing firmer with each word, "Do dino se ek hi baat kitani baar bolu! Kitani baar bolu? Main Arshi se pyaar nahi karata... iss shadi se main khush nahi hoon! Aur iss liye main Arshi se shadi nahi karana chahata..." His voice trembles but doesn’t falter as he looks into Tanuja’s eyes. There is a raw pain in his gaze, a vulnerability that cuts deeper than any words he’s spoken before.

"Kya hua? Kaphi nahi? ... Ye vajah aapako samaz nahi aati, ya aap samaz na hi nahi chahati?" The room falls into an uneasy silence at his outburst. His words seem to echo in the tense air, each syllable heavy with unspoken truths.

Suddenly, Shubho erupts, his voice booming through the room."Anirudh! Ye kya tarika hai apani ma se baat karane ka?!"

“Shubho, jab Ani Itani bar samaza chuka hai ko wo Arshi se pyaar nahi karata to kyu use shadi ke liye zabardasti kar rahe ho?”, Babalu comes in support of Anirudh, his voice is calm but firm, trying to diffuse the situation.

But Shubho is relentless. “Dada, ye mere bete ki zindagi ka saval hai. Aur muz se behatar koi nahi janata ki usake liye kya accha hai aur kya bura!”, Shubho shoots him down.

Choton intervenes next, his voice rising above the heated exchanges, “Apane bete ko ek aisi shadi me bandhana chahate hai aap jisame usaki marazi hi nahi, sach keh rahe hai aap dada … aap Ani ka bhala chahate hai”, his question stings, and it’s clear he’s opposing Shubho’s notion of what’s “best” for Anirudh.

“Apani bakwas bandh karo choton!" Tanuja snaps, her frustration now turning into fury. "Khud ka kuch thikana hai nahi! Ye mere bete ki zindagi ka saval hai , iss me tum nahi bolo to tumhare liye behtar hoga”, She glares at him before turning her attention back to Anirudh.

Tanuja walks up to Anirudh, gripping his shoulders tightly, her voice soft yet commanding, “Ani tum Arshi se shadi karane wale the, aadhi shadi ho bhi gayi thi, ab tum piche nahi hat sakate. Main janati hoon tumhe, tumhe Arshi se hi pyaar hai.”

“Aur agar nahi hai to shadi ke baad pyaar ho jayega”, Shubho adds in.

“Shubho ji, ye aap kya keh rahe hai ?”, Vinayak, shocked at the direction of the conversation, interjects,

Before he can say more, Shristi steps in, her voice cold and calculated,“Vinayak! Shubhoji bilkul thik keh rahe hai. Media ko, meri puri family ko inaki shadi ke bare me pata hai. Ab Anirudh piche nahi hat sakata. Meri aur meri beti ki iss society me kitani badnami hogi kya aapako andaza bhi hai ?”

All eyes turn to Anirudh, but not with understanding. The weight of the gazes on him is heavy—full of expectation, pressure, and judgment. His family isn’t concerned with his heart, his pain, or his feelings. They are concerned with their reputation and their pride. Anirudh feels cornered, and suffocated by the very people who are supposed to care for him.

artistic anime depicting a feeling of emotional helplessness, with people around looking larger and looking down, evoking the feeling of being a puppet, where the surrounding people look evil, take pleasure in the puppet's pain, and are shown whispering and plotting. Image 3 of 3

His eyes dart around the room, searching the familiar faces for even a hint of mercy, for some spark of love or concern that might pull him back from the edge. But all he sees is a wall of judgment, each face towering over him like giants, looming taller and more imposing with every passing second, and he feels small—so small, as if he’s shrinking into the floor beneath him.

He feels invisible ropes coiling around his arms and legs, tying him down, as if he’s nothing more than a puppet—a lifeless thing, moving on their command, everyone in the room is holding a string, making him dance for their amusement. Their laughter rings in his ears, though no one is laughing.

Do naino ke pecheeda sau galiyare
In mein khokar tu milta hai kahan
Tujhko ambar se pinjre zyada pyare
Udd ja kehne se sunta bhi tu hai kahan

My pitiful eyes wander in countless streets
And I'm unable to find you after being lost
You prefer being in a cage over flying in the skies
And you don't fly away even after being told to

The light starts to drain from the room, slipping away like sand through his fingers, leaving only darkness behind. It’s as if it’s being sucked into a bottomless pit, spiraling down into a void from which there is no return.

His energy fades away, his body giving up on this battle he can no longer fight. His senses begin to blur. The voices around him dissolve into meaningless noise and the room itself grows quieter—as though the world is fading away from him.

Anirudh looks down at his hands, trembling and cold. He tries to focus, tries to hold on to something real, but everything slips further away. He tries to speak, to call out to his mother, his father—someone—but no words come. The plea dies on his lips, trapped inside him like a breath he’ll never release.

Designer (6)_Original.jpeg

The darkness wraps around him tighter now, swallowing him whole, inch by inch. His soul curls up inside him, preparing to leave him behind in this cold, unfeeling world. His vision blurs further, until all he can see are shadows, and all he can hear is the slowing thud of his own heart.

And in that moment, just before everything slips away, one name escapes the prison of his mind. One final plea whispered by his heart, "Jhanak..."

Tears spill down his cheeks, unbidden, as his eyes close, surrendering to the darkness.

....................................................................................................................................................

Mumbai

Jhanak stands alone in the vast auditorium, the quiet space around her amplifying the unease that’s been gnawing at her all day. Clutching her phone tightly in her hand, she checks the screen for the hundredth time, hoping to see a notification that isn't there.

"Sirji... aap thik to hai na?" Jhanak murmurs under her breath.

......................................................................................................................................................

Kolkata

Anirudh suddenly feels his name being called out, "Sirji!"

_4c8892c3-7233-4c25-8bbf-8d3c8b8636f4_Original.jpeg

He opens his eyes and finds Jhanak standing in a green saree calling out his name and looking at him lovingly. The rest of the room is dark and silent except for her. As she starts walking towards him, the light follows her path.

"Jhanak!" Anirudh's heart feels with happiness.

"Jhanak, tum sach me yaha ho?" Anirudh steps closer as he holds her face with both of his hands.

Gal sun le aa, gal sun le aa
Ve kamleya, ve kamleya
Ve kamleya mere nadaan dil, nadaan dil

Come and listen to what I'm saying
O crazy one, O crazy one

"Jhanak ... "

"Sirji..." Jhanak looks at Anirudh with tearful eyes as she wipes his tears.

FFrunak_Original.jpeg

"Main yaha kaise ho sakati hoon Sirji...", Jhanak smiles at Anirudh lovingly and slowly starts to take a step back away from him.

Anirudh stands in shock and dismay with his hands still raised in the same position that was holding Jhanak. He sees her slowly disappearing in the darkness until she completely disappears and he is standing alone in the darkroom...

"Nahi nahi ... Jhanak Jhanak ...." Anirudh shouts for her helplessly.

"Ani...!!", Arshi shouts at Anirudh as Anirudh comes back to his senses opens his eyes, and finds himself back in his home among his family members.

"Kaha khoye hue ho! Chup kyu ho! Jawab do muze... Tum Jhanak ke contact me ho ya nahi!", Arshi concerns Anirudh

"Nahi doonga!!" Anirudh shouts in the loudest voice possible throwing down his bag on the floor, shocking everyone in the room.

"Main tumhare ya kisi aur ke koi bhi sawal ka jawab nahi doonga!" Anirudh looks at everyone with furious eyes.

Screen Shot 2024-09-29 at 4.40.11 PM_Original.jpeg

Jaa karna hai toh pyar kar
Zid poori phir ik baar kar
Kamleya, ve kamleya
Manmarzi karke dekh le
Badle mein sab kuch haar kar
Kamleya, ve kamleya

Try falling in love if you want to
Make your wishes come true for once
O crazy one, O crazy one
Try doing whatever your heart desires
Even if you have to lose everything for that
O crazy one, O crazy one

.....................................................................................................................................................

Mumbai

Jhanak keeps staring at her phone, refreshing the phone screen, and waiting for a response from Anirudh.

"Kitana waqt ho gaya, abhi bhi koi jawab nahi!
Aap shayad phone nahi kar rahe kyu ki shayad aap Arshi didi ke pas chale gaye hai, phir se..."

Her thoughts racing in all directions as frustrations grows in her, "Muze nahi karani apaki chinta, nahi sochana aap kya Arshi didi ke sath hai ya nahi...Nahi dena khud ko itana dard! Lekin kyu baar baar apane aap ko itana dard deti hoon? Kyu aapaki itani chinta hai?"

She hugs her knees tightly, curling up on the floor of the empty auditorium as the weight of her emotions overwhelms her, "Jate jate mere dil me phir ek baar jhoothi umeed dikha kar gaye... jo kabhi sach nahi ho sakati..." Jhanak’s sobs break the heavy silence of the room, echoing off the walls like a painful melody.

Designer (8)_Original.jpeg

"Aap bus thik ho Sirji , aap bus thik ho...", she pleads desperately in the emptiness of the auditorium. She buries her head in her arms, her sobs shaking as she sits alone, broken in the empty auditorium.

456822568_544333461251426_8576751406220110387_n_Original.jpegDesigner (9)_Original.jpeg

Tujhpe khud se zyada yaar ki chalti hai
Ishq hai yeh tera ya teri galati hai
Gar sawaab hai toh kyun sazaa milti hai

Your beloved dominates your heart more than you
Is this your love or a mistake
If there's supposed to be a reward then why this punishment

Dillagi Ik Teri, aaj Kal Parson Ki
Neend Le Jaati Hai, Loot Ke Barson Ki
Maan Le Kabhi Toh, Baat Khudgarzon Ki

Your affection
Steals the sleep of today, tomorrow, and the day after
Taking away the sleep of years

A sound technician enters the auditorium and starts testing sound oblivious to Jhanak's presence. Jhanak quickly wipes her tears and straightens herself. He plugs in his equipment, and the familiar tune of "Aaja Nachle" starts to fill the auditorium.

Jhanak jhanak jhan
Khanak khanak khan
Jhanak jhanak khanak khanak khan

vish76 giphyupload dance jhanak hiba GIF

The music pulls at something deep inside her. Almost instinctively, Jhanak’s legs begin to move towards the stage. Memories flood back to her—memories of dancing to this tune in the past, memories of meeting Anirudh, the feeling of freedom, of when life was simpler. Without even realizing it, her body flows into the rhythm of the song. Her body moves effortlessly expressing her pain in the language she knows the best - dance!

Nachle nachle zara nachle nachle chatt pe bulake nachle
Nachle nachle zara nachle nachle jhatt se uthake nachle

She spins gracefully in "Kathak" form, each turn more intense than the last, her feet tapping the ground in perfect sync. As she moves, she remembers the day she danced to this song, and how Anirudh had peeked from the windo, smiling at her. Her movements become even more emotional, driven by the memory of him.

vish76 giphyupload dance sadness jhanak GIFvish76 giphyupload dance sadness jhanak GIF

Then, suddenly she sees him, Anirudh, standing at the side stage, watching her dance just like that day! She stops abruptly mid-spin, her breath catching in her throat.

“Sirji…” she gasps, her heart leaping at the sight of him.

vish76 giphyupload love dance anirudh GIF

He walks towards her, clapping softly, his smile widening. Jhanak’s heart swells with relief and happiness.

She steps forward closing in the distance between them, her eyes glistening with tears, "Sirji aap thik hai!"

She raises her hand in the air, as her hand is about to touch him, the auditorium fills with the sound of applause and cheer, "Wow what a dance!"

She blinks and looks around, realizing that a small audience has gathered for the auditions. She turns back towards her side, but Anirudh is gone. The emptiness hits her like a wave—he was never really there. It was just her imagination, her desperate heart conjuring him out of longing. Her smile fades, replaced by a hollow ache as her heart sinks again.

Judge Siddiqa approaches Jhanak on stage, "Nice performance! Auditions se pehale hi practice me itana accha performance! Bohot emotions the aapake dance me ... I am looking forward to seeing you on stage!"

The second Judge Anubhuti nods approving the praise, "Yes it was almost as if you were not aware of what was going on around you. Aisa lagata tha ki aap apane dance me itane magan hai aur apane dil me chupi hui koi baat kehana chahate ho! Aapake naam kya hai?"

"Jhanak!", she replies softly, her voice strained from the flood of emotions.

“Jhanak! What a beautiful name, just like your dance,” says a fellow contestant, Zainub, walking over with a warm smile. “Hi, I’m Zainub. Your dance was amazing!”

"Shukriya," Jhanak responds politely, "Par main contestant nahi hoon! Main iss show ki organizing team me hoon"

“Then register!” Anusha’s voice breaks through as she joins them on stage. “Anirudh told me before he left that you would be participating.”

Jhanak’s breath hitches at the mention of his name. She nods politely, but inside, the emptiness grows. Everyone disperses to prepare for the auditions, leaving her standing alone on stage.

She looks back at the sidestage where she thought she saw Anirudh, but now it’s just a dark, empty corner. He was never there. Her eyes well up at the realization.

Fero has been quietly watching her from the audience and approaches her. She places a gentle hand on Jhanak’s shoulder, "Jhanak!"

Jhanak turns around and sees Fero.

"Anirudh ki yaad aa rahi hai? Dard ho raha hai?"

Jhanak's silence is enough for Fero to understand her response.

"Dance Jhanak! Dance! Dance away your pain!", Fero looks at Jhanak with an encouraging gaze.

Tears welling up in Jhanak's eyes leave their abode and flow carelessly on her cheeks. Fero pulls her into a comforting hug, holding her as she lets the tears fall. Jhanak's silent sobs get lost in the chaotic auditorium as she finds comfort in the presence of a friend.

....................................................................................................................................................

Kolkata

Screen Shot 2024-09-29 at 4.40.51 PM_Original.jpeg

Anirudh stands firm, his eyes locked onto Arshi’s for the first time, determination blazing through his gaze. He is ready to break free from the prison he has built around himself.

"Kyu doon jawab? Yaha meri padi kise hai?", His words tore through the room like a wounded lion’s roar.

He turns sharply towards his mother, Tanuja, looking deep into her eyes point blank he asks, "Aap ko meri parawah hai mom?"

Tanuja’s face turns pale as she meets her son’s eyes, devoid of warmth, now only reflecting the deep ache of betrayal.

Tears well in Anirudh's eyes as his voice cracks he continues to speak to his mother, "Agar parwah hoti, agar aap muz se pyaar karati to muze iss tarah , meri marazi ke khilaph, muze Arshi se shadi karane ke liye force nahi karati!" Anger flared inside him, pushing his voice louder with each word.

"Aap to meri maa hain na? Aapako meri halat nahi dikh rahi! Mere badan bukhar se tap raha hai, na theek se khana khaya , na soya hoon... lekin aap ko aur aap ke pati".

His voice trembled as he shifted his gaze to his father., "Aap dono ko sirf apani ye jhoothi izzat , ye shoharat aur dolat ki padi hai!! Muz se zyada aap ko Arshi ki chinta hai? Mere emotions ki aap ko koi kard nahi?", His hands shake as he empties the bottled up emotions he has been feeling for the longest time.

Tanuja stands in shock, frozen in her place unable to respond. Anirudh turned to his grandmother next, his voice trembling as he faced the woman who had once wished nothing but happiness for him, "Aur Thammi aap!"

He approaches her and poses a difficult question, "Aap ko bhi samaz nahi aaya Thammi? Main intane din se ek hi baat doharaye ja raha hoon, phir bhi aap muze aisi shadi me bandhana chahati hai jisame meri koi marazi nahi? Kyu? Apake liye bhi iss pariwar ki iss dikhawati khushiyo ko protect karana muzase zyada zaroori hai? Chahe inn sab me main ghoot ghoot kar mar kyu na jao?"

Thammi’s eyes widened as tears rolled down her cheeks, her heart breaking as she realized how she had failed to see his pain.

"Aur Arshi tum!", his words pierced the air as his gaze landed on her, the tension between them thick as fog.

"Haan maine galatiya ki hai", he admitted, his voice steady but unrelenting, "lekin hamare rishte ki iss halat me tum bhi itani hi zimmedar ho , jitana ki main! Tumane kabhi muze samaz ne ki koshish nahi ki, kabhi muz par bharosa nahi kiya, kabhi bhi mera sath nahi diya... " ,

His words cut deep,"Agar tum Jhanak ki help karati , mera sath deti, to muze Jhanak ki help nahi karani padati! Tum hamare relationship ke lekar hamesha se insecure rahi ho. Tumhe Jhanak se pehale din se problem thi! Apani insecurities aur ego me itana kho gayi, ki khud ko bhool gayi?"

Anirudh turns his face towards Shristi for a moment, "Aur baki ka kam tumhari Ma ne pura kiya! Iss relationship ko jang ka maindan bana diya! Jaise me insan nahi koi, trophy hoon! Tum chahati to muze chod kar ja sakati thi, lekin tumhara ego tumhe ye karane nahi data! Haina Arshi?", Anirudh looks into Arshi's eyes as if he is glaring down her soul leaving Arshi speechless still in her place.

"Anirudh!!", Shristi shouts at him with aggression cutting the moment of silence. Without giving her a chance to speak he draws even closer to Arshi looking down at her continues in a lower but serious tone, "Tum muz se pyaar nahi karati ho Arshi! You don't love me. Apane ego ko satisfy karane ke liye tum ye shadi karana chahati ho, taki tum duniya ko dikha sako ki Jhanak har gayi , aur tum jeet gayi! Lekin sach to ye hai, ye khel tum akele khail rahi ho. Jhanak iss jung ke maindan me hai hi nahi!"

Arshi’s face turned crimson with fury as the truth in his words struck at her core, each one peeling back the layers she had tried to hide, exposing her blackened soul.

Her voice shook with rage as she spat back, "Ani! Bakwas karana bandh karo! Main janati hoon, Jhanak ko apani zindagi me lane ke liye tum ye sab bol rahe ho! Apani galatiya chupane ke liye muze blame kar rahe ho? Aaj tak maine kisi aur ki taraph aankh utha kar bhi nahi dekha! Sirf aur sirf tumhe chaha hai! Mere pyaar par shaq hai tumhe? "

"Shaq?", Anirudh’s face twisted with a bitter smile, the sadness in his eyes unmistakable.

Screen Shot 2024-09-29 at 2.17.07 PM_Original.jpeg

"Shaq nahi pura yakeen hai Arshi, tumhe muz se pyaar nahi hai! Agar kuch hai to wo sirf aur sirf Jhanak se napharat hai! Aur wo napharat tumhare liye sabase badi hai - Khud se bhi badi", Anirudh points down at Arshi without budging by her accusations.

His voice turned cold, "Tum se shadi todane ka phaisala main le chuka hoon. Ye phaisala maine apane aap ke liye liya hai! So, Jhanak ko bich me lane ki koshish bhi mat karana!", his words sounds almost like a warning.

He pauses and takes a step back, his voice clear and resolute as he addresses the entire room, "Main ye rishta tod chuka hoon, and my decision is final. Ab ye phaisala kisi bhi wajah se nahi badalega. Main apani zindagi kisake sath bitana chahata hoon, wo mera phaisala hoga, chahe wo insan Jhanak hi kyu na ho!", his words echo through the room like a death sentence.

With that, Anirudh turns away, his eyes tender with overwhelming emotions, as he picks up his bag, slung it over his shoulder, and starts walking towards the door, bidding them all a silent, final goodbye. The room fell into stunned silence, the weight of Anirudh’s words sinking in.

Shubho breaks the silence, his voice laced with warning, "Anirudh! Agar aaj iss ghar se bahar kadam rakhoge, to phir kabhi bhi wapis nahi aa paoge!", but Anirudh continues walking.

Tanuja’s voice cracked with desperation. “Ani!! Abhi aur issi waqt wapas aao!!", but he does not stop.

Shristi, stepped forward, her face twisted in anger. "Anirudh! Hamari society me bezzati karane ki keemat chukani padegi! Suna tumne?!", but he continues walking forward.

"Ani, ye din main kabhi nahi bhulungi! Iss dhokhe ka jawab tumhe zaroor milega!!", her threat hung in the air, but he kept moving forward.

Despite the tension in the room and constant warnings from his family members, Anirudh feels his mind becoming free of the burden. With each step, clarity hits his heart making him even more determined to stay firm on his decision.

Jinpe chalke manzil milni aasaan ho
Vaise raste tu chunta hai kahan
Kasti hai duniya kasle fikre taane
Ungli pe aakhir ginta bhi tu hai kahan

The paths that take you to your destination with ease
Why don't you select those paths
If the world mocks you then let them do it

vish76 giphyupload sad heartbreak jhanak GIF

"Arshi, main tumhe dhokha nahi diya hai! Tum se shadi karana galat hota. Hum dono iss shadi me kabhi khush nahi reh pate. I hope ek din tum ye baat samaz jaogi!
Main Jhanak se pyaar karata hoon! Iss sach se main aur nahi bhag na chahata.
Maine nahi Jhanak ko chuna hai , nahi hi tumhe, maine bus khud ko chuna hai!
Maine bus meri zindagi ko chuna hai, aur meri zindagi Jhanak hai!", Anirudh thinks to himself leaving behind his family, shattered with his words, continuing to walk away - the walk that feels no less than walking on burning coal ("angaro pe chalana").

Behind his family- stood frozen - some seething with anger, others heartbroken by the sight of his tears, while a few struggled to accept the reality of his decision. But none of that mattered now.

He has chosen himself with a faint hope that flickers in his heart—hope that one day, his family will come to understand the choice he made. A choice for happiness, love, and a future he is ready to fight for and live for.

(Mumbai)

On the other side,

Jhanak finally gathers herself and wipes down her tears when she is reminded of Anirudh's words, "Jhanak tum kuch bada karane ke liye bani ho!"

461401442_1998841107242049_6806831534795097548_n_Original.jpeg

She walks down the stage with new determination in her mind. "Mam, main competition ke liye register karana chahati hoon! Main iss show me zaroor hissa lungi" Jhanak declares her participation to her manager and judges.

461523061_2576862762515089_3525605773275124544_n_Original.jpeg

"Sirji, muze nahi pata iss pyaar ke ehsaas ko main apane dil se kaise mitao. Aapako bhoolane ki meri har koshish nakam hai!
Aapaka diya hua dard main bhoola nahi pati, nahi aapake liye mere pyaar ko mita pati hoon! Aap se itani door aane ke baad bhi, intana dard sehane ke baad bhi, kyu main aap ko mere dil se nikal nahi pati? Jo pyaar mera kabhi nahi ho sakata, usake liye jeena bewakoofi hogi.
Ab jeene ka ek aakhari zariya bacha hai - mera dance, mera pehala pyaar.
Shayad dance hi wo rasta hai, jisase main kuch palo ke liye apane dil ko behala saku, aapake diye hue dard ko bhoola saku aur apane dil ki baat inn ghoonghroo se bayan kar saku.

Aap bhi to yahi chahate the na Sirji? Ki main dance karu.
To main dance karoongi, apane aap ke liye, iss adhure pyaar ko bayan karane liye...aur... aur iss dard se rishta kayam karane ke liye... ",
she closes her eyes glistening with tears, as pain and clarity pacify and break her soul all at once.

461501062_1082468416577901_1076129860862242861_n_Original.jpeg

This moment marks a turning point for Jhanak, where she channels her pain and unrequited love into her passion for dance. Anirudh’s words linger in her heart, pushing her to step forward with a newfound purpose, even though her love for him remains deeply rooted in her soul. Despite the distance, despite everything they’ve been through, despite everything done and said, she can't erase his memory or the pain he has caused her. But rather than letting this grief consume her, she resolves to pour it all into her dance.

Marzi teri jee bhar le aa

Live your life to the fullest

Jaa karna hai toh pyar kar
Zid poori phir ik baar kar
Kamleya, ve kamleya
Manmarzi karke dekh le
Badle mein sab kuch haar kar.
Kamleya, ve kamleya

Try falling in love if you want to
Make your wishes come true for once
O crazy one, O crazy one
Try doing whatever your heart desires
Even if you have to lose everything for that
O crazy one, O crazy one

.....................................................................................................................................................

A song in honor of these tearful eyes ending it with this beautiful melody …

Chalak Gaye naina tune man bhar liya

Mere sune se dil ko yun tune ghar kar liya …

https://youtu.be/YsCeMprm2O0?si=-U-m4tOWWuTWdb5u

To be continued ...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vira76 thumbnail

Hi ladies,

I finally got a chance to write a chapter on Runak on a song that I always wished to hear play for them...

Ve Kamleya (O crazy one)

I have narrated this entire chapter around the lyrics of this song, so if you have not heard it, do give it a listen! This chapter takes you on a journey of Runak breaking free of the bonds that are holding them down and choosing themselves - their own selves.

Like they say, you need to love yourself first, before you can love someone else.

I have introduced a few of our lovely forum ladies in this chapter, Anusha, Anubhuti, Zainub, and Siddiqa. As always let me know your thoughts!

I apologize in advance for adding some Basu House drama in the beginning but it was needed to create an atmosphere for Anirudh.

Here is the song, another beautiful melody by Arijit Singh: Ve Kamleya https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJyMpxd210

vira76 thumbnail

Hi ladies,

I finally got a chance to write a chapter on Runak on a song that I always wished to hear play for them...

Ve Kamleya (O crazy one)

I have narrated this entire chapter around the lyrics of this song, so if you have not heard it, do give it a listen! This chapter takes you on a journey of Runak breaking free of the bonds that are holding them down and choosing themselves - their own selves.

Like they say, you need to love yourself first, before you can love someone else.

I have introduced a few of our lovely forum ladies in this chapter, Anusha, Anubhuti, Zainub, and Siddiqa. As always let me know your thoughts!

I apologize in advance for adding some Basu House drama in the beginning but it was needed to create an atmosphere for Anirudh.

Here is the song, another beautiful melody by Arijit Singh: Ve Kamleya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJyMpxd210

szsiddiqa thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 days ago

Originally posted by: vira76

Hi ladies,

Ve Kamleya (O crazy one)

Here is the song, another beautiful melody by Arijit Singh: Ve Kamleya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJyMpxd210

Oh you gave me the front row seat too smiley41smiley40smiley42

Waiting for Sirji to return and also his reaction/response to her text worrying about him

-Sabahath Siddiqa smiley9