Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chooseme thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 25 days ago

It's very nice of Meenakshi to bring up this in her interview. It shows her gratitude for her collegues. What Madhuri did is exceptional in a place like bollywood. Damini was one of the most significant roles written for a female actor in Hindi cinema. Damini was the hero of the movie. I cannot remember any female character, as strong and stirring as Damini. One must have high moral values and character to give up on a script like Damini and the big money and glory that comes with it.

Edited by chooseme - 24 days ago
forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: e1t53e

Apparently Ghatak went into production before Daamini. Raveena and Kamal Hassan were supposed to play the lead roles but both of them withdrew for unknown reasons. Sunny and Meenakshi stepped in as they were the OG Santoshi pairing thanks to Ghayal but movie went through severe delays with all this and in the meanwhile Santoshi got busy with AAA and Daamini.

It was huge HIT

Please write at least 4 words or 20 characters.

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

That's true

Ghatak was supposed to be released after Ghayal (a 1990 release) sometime in the early 90s.. but got very much delayed...witnessed release in 1996... Meenakshi was already retired by that time from the film industry...that's the reason her face was not shown on the poster (as she was not left with any star value by then) instead Mamta was on the poster who was just in a guest appearance in one item song.

----------

Oh! That song was really huge Hit

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 24 days ago

Originally posted by: D3viL

Rani is an interesting little case for me, not just because she is a little person. But enlighten me (just a little - i am no clochette.. I don't care about anyone or anything..except where is abhishek bachchans self respect and how come he doesnt hide in a cave?...- by the way did you ever go into PM land with clochette? I hope not..that was very entertaining..and if there was more of it .. we'd like to see please?! ) anyway so rani backstabbed aish and took her movie.. aish backstabbed rani and took her boyfriend..then rani went and backstabbed the first Mrs chopra ..and took her husband ? No girl code at all I tell you ..none at all. What do you think of ranis dress sense these days?

I think you're referring to the discussion in this thread right.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5361271?pn=3

Yes, Clochette and I continued our discussion via pm so I'm afraid there isn't a resolution for you and anyone else who was publicly following that thread. But tbh, our pms weren't particularly incendiary and there were no "fireworks," if that's what you were expecting. And in our discussions, I digress a lot, so the conversation didn't last on Aish vs Rani very long although I was certainly game to continue lol. So you're not missing anything as most of my response was posted publicly in that thread. There was very little beyond that pertinent to the subject.

Lol at your comments about Abhishek. I saw an interview with Shweta recently where she talks about how she doesn't believe you can be friends with your family. That friends are an escape from family and there are lines you cannot cross with family. She was sitting with her daughter and Jaya. Jaya completely disagreed with Shweta and said she doesn't believe that. She thinks you can be friends with your family members. Jaya and her granddaughter both said they are friends with each other and Shweta buzzes in and says that's not possible. I thought what arrogance she has to claim this about her daughter and mother's relationship which has nothing to do with her, but she's telling them they aren't really friends even though they both say they are. It's also very telling to me that Shweta said you cannot pick family and you are stuck with them unlike friends. It's obvious this means she doesn't really like her family and she's stuck with them so I'm sure Abhishek has a very similar view. Explains a lot in that dysfunctional family when Jaya comes across as the sensible one.

Rani and Aish have a bit of a sordid history. There are rumors that Rani hooked up with Salman at some point. Rumors also that Vivek and Rani were involved or Rani wanted to be involved with him until he ditched her for Aishwarya. So it seems there was a lot of jealousy on Rani's part. Very similar to one of the early reasons for the feud between Hollywood legends Joan Crawford and Bette Davis, where the former was considered the most beautiful woman in the world while the latter was considered very plain if not ugly. Joan's second husband was someone Bette had a romantic interest in while they made a film together but he only had eyes for Joan and they were married shortly afterwards. Bette claimed Joan stole that man from her but the truth is that Bette never had a relationship with him and never had a chance so he never showed an interest to her. And this scenario would repeat a few times afterwards. They're both my favorite Hollywood actresses but Joan is my #1 fav so I find it interesting that in the Bollywood equivalent, I also sympathize more with Joan/Aishwarya over the Bette/Rani.

I wouldn't say Aishwarya stole Abhishek from Rani though because Rani/Abhishek had already ended before Aish came into his life. And Rani has herself to blame for the breakup of that relationship because his parents despised her. She had given Amitabh problems on Black because he didn't feel comfortable with the onscreen kiss as she was dating his son. Rani made it very clear that not only was the kiss not going anywhere but neither was she. If Amitabh had an issue with the kiss, he could drop out of the film, she wasn't. She had already been linked to Aditya Chopra at this point so both Amitabh and Jaya did not like Rani as a daughter-in-law because they knew about her homewrecking ways. Jaya was also peeved because Rani tried to get the media to paint her as the new Jaya, as both were Bengali and both had a huge height difference with the Bachchan men. So no, Rani never had a real shot with the Bachchans because of her own history. This is why anyone who claims the Bachchans didn't like Aishwarya's past are clearly in the wrong because they never rejected Aishwarya, whereas they outright rejected Rani for her past (and present).

Also keep in mind that Kjo revealed that during the filming of KANK, Abhishek revealed to him that he was in love with Aish. So you can imagine the tension on that set between Rani and Abhishek.

Another thing about Payal Chopra is that Rani actually befriended her. So many people say that Aish was the lucky one because she had no husband for Rani to take. Aish only lost film offers whereas Payal lost her husband to this woman who pretended to be a friend. Against the Chopras' wishes since Yash Chopra refused to accept Rani as a daughter-in-law which is why Rani only married Adi after Yash Chopra passed away. There's something very diabolical about taking advantage of his death for her own social progress up the ladder.

As for Rani's dress sense, I think she's slightly improved now because she used to be considered one of the worst dressed celebs. Now her outfits are still bad but not as bad. There are threads on here that chronicled how horrible her fashion was. I still remember in Bombay Talkies, I thought she looked horrific in that star-studded song. I remember all the comments used to say Rani looked atrocious but I only later found out that each star was responsible for their own look in that song so that's why Rani looked so bad, because she dressed and styled herself.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Only quoted the parts where you write about me... as I never wrote a pm to you under this ID, you either used another one (maybe "surly devil") or someone else breached the (alleged) privacy. In addition, this question to RPA is redundant as I openly wrote that I would pm her...and if it had been "entertaining" for you, why do you "hope not"... (btw. I doubt that you would like to read long 'essais' when I even don't 'bitch' about other members here). smiley16

I didn't notice the similarity in name until you said this but I doubt they are the infamous Surly_devil. I've shared with you before who I think that surly is. Also Surly_devil has never had one positive post about Aishwarya. D3vil themself said they don't have any real fan following for any actor, they just despise Abhishek. And I still remember that hilarious post where someone asked D3vil why they have a profile pic of him if they hate him so much (everyone naturally assumed D3vil was an Abhishek fan) and they said it's because that pic reminds them on why they hate Abhishek so much. That surly is clearly in league with some other select users, including a certain flavor of wine with a notorious pro-Abhishek/anti-Aishwarya bias, so this isn't the same person.

I can understand that sometimes the conversations or even spats in this forum can be entertaining for public consumption. I've witnessed some online discussions where one decides to continue the conversation in private and that can always be disappointing for anyone who was following up on it, even if they had no real involvement in the matter.

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: D3viL

Rani is an interesting little case for me, not just because she is a little person. But enlighten me (just a little - i am no clochette.. I don't care about anyone or anything..except where is abhishek bachchans self respect and how come he doesnt hide in a cave?...- by the way did you ever go into PM land with clochette? I hope not..that was very entertaining..and if there was more of it .. we'd like to see please?! ) anyway so rani backstabbed aish and took her movie.. aish backstabbed rani and took her boyfriend..then rani went and backstabbed the first Mrs chopra ..and took her husband ? No girl code at all I tell you ..none at all. What do you think of ranis dress sense these days?

oh Sul! Only you can put me into splits about a situation like this! smiley37

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: forza

Oh! That song was really huge Hit

Ironically same thing happened with Mamta (due to her rivalry with Santoshi) as a main heroine her thobda was removed from her film China Gate's poster, and Urmila'a face was allover there who appeared in just one item song...

Karma...

😂

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Nice smiley20

• Your message is too short. Please write at least 4 words or 20 characters.
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Well...never mind about Devil or Surly Devil...it's not really important ... just wondered about the "entertaining" and the "hope not"...didn't match smiley2

rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

Chosen 'Aish' council-members for the pan-Indian socio-politico board. smiley32