Marriages are overrated!!! Regressiveness!!

carecar thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 29 days ago

Like come on, this 2024 for god sake, the regressiveness baffles me.

I bet Anupamaa is already planning Sagar Meenu marriage in the back of her mind, even though she is not even aware of their stupid lovestory. Bhai unko pucho unko karni bhi hai ya nahi. Maybe they just want to date. Maybe they want to be in a live-in relationship.

Ek toh yeh Anupamaa ki aadat nahi jati sabko pakad pakadke unki shaadi karwane ki.

Get a grip sista.

Aur khud toh khud ussne pata nahi kaise but apni beti ko bhi apne jaise bana diya hai.

And now, suddenly, Adhya / Chhoti Anu, whatever, is on a mission to do the same thing to her. This low-key feels like karma for Anupamaa, given what she has done to others. I understand a child's need to see her parents together. However, as a 21st-century girl who is almost a teenager, I hope Adhya realizes that her parents don't need to be married to be together or to love her.

I wouldn't mind if Anuj and Anupamaa decided not to get married at all, as long as they love each other, they can stay together and provide Adhya with all the love and care she missed out on earlier. Also, they should not have adopted her, they really were not ready to take her responsibility.

Anyway, now that the Shah family has moved in with the Kapadias and the members of Asha Bhavan, it seems like they are all one big family. And families need shaadi validation for two people to live together.

Toh Shaadi toh honi hi hai I guess, because again "reet rivaaz nonsense".

But the least they could do is maybe get a simple court marriage where they both sign on and are together henceforth.

These extravagant weddings they host are completely consumerist and incredibly annoying, filled with utter nonsensical drama. Most marriages are a sham. We have seen on Anupamaa first hand. Women need to be taught to be able to leave when it's not working out. On that note, can Kinjal kindly ditch Toshu, its getting so annoying to watch.

The fact that Vanraj left and all of them are in financial trouble speaks volumes about their dependence on one person. If this teaches us anything, it is the importance of being self-dependent, both emotionally and financially.

The wrong messages conveyed by this show make it increasingly difficult to accept that Indian television is in such a state of decline. They prioritize TRP ratings, but consider this: what will be the rewatch value of this show five years from now? Who will be able to look back and say that this show provided meaningful content? Everything feels like garbage, and seriously, zero respect for the writers of Indian television serials. They are utterly incompetent and are doing a disservice to society.

We already see women suffering because they are expected to be "holier than thou." Anupamaa takes on the responsibility of the Shah family when she can't even take care of herself, her own daughter, her lover, or her current abode. She should have made it clear that she can offer guidance and shelter, but they must fend for themselves, just as she did when she initially found refuge in Asha Bhavan. Why did Anupamaa take on the responsibility for all these people? Time and again, she has witnessed how the Shah family undermines her chances at happiness. She is trying to build a life for herself right now; she could have guided them instead.

And why didn't Anupamaa say anything to Baa? That woman is toxic and will continue to be so. Why is she exempt from facing reality just because she is old? The poison she used to spew is unforgettable.

Not everything should be mahanta and giving lectures and promoting regressive thinking on top of that. How utterly shameful!!

For once, write something that brings actual value to the lives of viewers. People don’t watch TV solely for mindless entertainment; they root for the characters and want to learn and grow alongside them. However, that doesn’t mean you should simply find ways to glorify a loved character through the story without providing any real character development, phir chahe who lead character hi kyun na ho. Pathetic!!!

"Anupamaa" started as a progressive show, but now it lacks both progressiveness and any real progress.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whatthelife thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Trollbaaz

Originally posted by: carecar

These extravagant weddings they host are completely consumerist and incredibly annoying, filled with utter nonsensical drama. Most marriages are a sham. We have seen on Anupamaa first hand. Women need to be taught to be able to leave when it's not working out. On that note, can Kinjal kindly ditch Toshu, its getting so annoying to watch.

can't agree more!

@bold - I truly appreciated Nandini for this ... she was one beautiful character that was written. I guess it started as a good show, and now all that's left is cringy scenes smiley11

Edited by whatthelife - 29 days ago
Harish111 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

If you, or anyone else, really want to teach writers a lesson, just stop watching the show like us.

As long as you watch, even hate watch, you are rewarding them for their writing.

Edited by Harish111 - 29 days ago
1235990 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Harish111

If you, or anyone else really want to teach writers a lesson, just stop watching the show like us. As long as you watch, even hate watch, you are rewarding them for their writing.

TRPs are sham. And I don’t feel any hindi show is doing good. None of them are crossing 3.0 at the moment whereas regional shows touch around 10.0. Episodes getting released earlier in Hotstar is not an excuse as regional show’s’ episodes are also released earlier. But I have to applaud them for their love of toxicity when they have actually seen that good tracks can fetch them good trp. I personally feel Anupama peaked during the divorce track until puppy’s first head injury. In fact before puppy’s entry they used to get 4+ trp.

saito thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 28 days ago

Originally posted by: carecar

The wrong messages conveyed by this show make it increasingly difficult to accept that Indian television is in such a state of decline. They prioritize TRP ratings, but consider this: what will be the rewatch value of this show five years from now? Who will be able to look back and say that this show provided meaningful content? Everything feels like garbage, and seriously, zero respect for the writers of Indian television serials. They are utterly incompetent and are doing a disservice to society.

"Anupamaa" started as a progressive show, but now it lacks both progressiveness and any real progress.

Became a silent reader since 2 years just before the cliff accident track. But you brought me back with your topic.

Missed you all

Cant agree more with each word you said.

And I totally agree with the rewatch value. No one will remember this show in the long run like the others.

There are many shows long and short ran on Star Plus which fans still adore to this day and majority are still not released online or in hostar as far as I know.

And If we are talking about a show which is a name of its MC then there were many shows made before and one ended just few months back which shows that not all tracks revolve around MC. But since it is a show about the MC mentions are there and MC is not always the one to solve everyone's problems.

This show had many good tracks that would make a beautiful turn in the journey but then it always becomes stupid in the end with no sense at all.

If the makers truly want to spread social message, they should check out Subash Ghai's recently ended drama which beautifully conveyed every social message the show had shown. When SG mentioned its a show of a social cause he kept his word to the very end and portrayed the story beautifully.

Edited by saito - 28 days ago
carecar thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 days ago
So innse "progressiveness" na ho payega.