Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 days ago

Originally posted by: D3viL

They looked like happy tears to me. She is so happy that she escaped abhishrek. Aishwariya is happier these days too, she is literally dressed up in aluminium tin foil ready to be launched into space.. anything to get away from the bachchans. Beam me up Scotty !!!

She's crying happy tears that she escaped a huge ass inheritence and great political connections with somewhat of a decent guy? Instead happy that she went through psychotic abuse in her arranged marriage with a narcissistic billionaire?

I dunno why the internet is hell-bent on making Aish the victim in this particular relationship when the woman herself has struggled with internalised misogyny, had her name in the Pànama papers and benefits from being related to an active politician.

Woman was waxing poetics about living with parents on letterman, and her fans attack Shweta for being a daughter who lives with her parents?

Just because Aish is a pop culture icon and survived an abusive relationship in the past doesn't mean that abuse and victimhood should be presumed in every situation. All of them are overt or covert misogynists and joint families suck.

Edited by Blueeeee - 10 days ago
diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I don't think her "tears" have anything to do with Abhishek. She closed that chapter more than 2 decades ago, and hasn't looked back. She ppeared on Super Dancer a few years back and she got very emotional when the contestants danced on her songs to give her tribute.

I personally feel she misses her career from the 90s, because those were her only glory years.

People today know her as Kareena's elder sister, but she herself had become quite a big star by late 90s/early 2000s, and she gave up all of that for a marriage that destroyed her dream of an "ideal" life. As soon as got married, her life changed for the worse. She suffered abuse in her marriage and then eventually got divorced, with 2 children to bring up. Then she focused mostly on bringing up her children. By the time she decided to start a second inning, her career was dead in the water and her attempt to revive her career failed. Bebo on the other hand, became an even bigger star than her by that time. So, Karisma got relegated to the background from all fronts, which is tragic.

If someone told me in 2000 that Kareena will have a 24+ year of successful career, while Lolo will have a failed marriage and no career post 2002, I'd feel traumatized because I was a die-hard fan of hers at that time.

rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: diasingh2

If someone told me in 2000 that Kareena will have a 24+ year of successful career, while Lolo will have a failed marriage and no career post 2002, I'd feel traumatized because I was a die-hard fan of hers at that time.

Just simply happy for the Kapoor sisters now, and they seem to be in a good place with their careers. smiley27