Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: a day ago

In India, all ladies with broken marriages start looking bechari type to the society because as per society they deserve more happiness.

I bet many must be living pathetic lives sticking to husbands all life

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

She did really age well though. She is still looking like a 25yo single woman.

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

She wants to cry but she’s controlling

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Is this recent? She does look very emotional here. I haven't read much about her & Abhishek. I read he & rani was in a relationship before he got married. If she still feels hurt, then wonder if the break up was mutual.

Outlander22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Umm..no..not even close

Aish is a strong self made woman..lolo is neither self made & definitely not strong..she has been a puppet of babita through half of her life and has barely stood up for herself..

She literally went against all her family, broke family tradition of women cant act in the movies to follow her passion. Sure, she is highly influenced by her mom but thats her support system. She didn't take easy route and got married at 18 to some rich businessman. She created a career path, and succeeded which later helped her sister in becoming what she is today.

If karishma hadn't done that, believe me Kareena wouldn't have been where she is today.

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: piya2025

Is this recent? She does look very emotional here. I haven't read much about her & Abhishek. I read he & rani was in a relationship before he got married. If she still feels hurt, then wonder if the break up was mutual.

Yes few days ago. She is the judge of a show. I am sure she cherish those day memories. And maybe wonder how things been if they did got married. If rumors were true about Abhishek and Rani then he did not treated Rani right.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Outlander22

She literally went against all her family, broke family tradition of women cant act in the movies to follow her passion. Sure, she is highly influenced by her mom but thats her support system. She didn't take easy route and got married at 18 to some rich businessman. She created a career path, and succeeded which later helped her sister in becoming what she is today.

If karishma hadn't done that, believe me Kareena wouldn't have been where she is today.

I don't think she's a puppet or complete puppet of her mother. But she was also what, 17, when she debuted? Her mother was definitely her guiding hand. And Karishma went against her family to act because of her mother. Babita is the one who, after she left Randhir and cut off connections with the Kapoors, fought to launch her daughter. A minor child couldn't have done that alone. She would have done whatever the sole parent in her life was telling her to do especially because they were left penniless and needed a breadwinner (since Randhir, even when he was with his family was no breadwinner). You're right though that the Kapoors were not happy with Karishma acting in films and I think Babita and Karishma were more or less blacklisted by the rest of the family for a long time.

And if reports are correct, it may have been Babita who called off the marriage between Abhishek and Karishma, so I do think that like a lot of stage moms, Babita also wielded undue influence over her daughter.

Tbh I think that marriage being called off was for the best. Can you imagine a showdown between Babita and Jaya everyday? Babita was not the type to sever her ties with her daughter just because she's married. She would have been making sure she had control over her daughter's married household and asserting her rights.

JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Outlander22

Karishma and abhisek also wouldn't have lasted since she was a strong, self made woman like Aish and sooner or later that would have caused a tiff in the bachchan household.

Also i know society tells us that married life is the ultimate happiness but i would rather be divorced and happy like karishma, hrithik than be miserable all life woth your partner like jaya-amitabh, basically all bschchans all this point etc

Karishma def made mistakes choosing a partner, but she seems to have come to terms with her choices and genuinely seem happy in her life. I dont think she is crying over Abhisek anymore.

I don't know... Karishma completely walked away from her career for marriage and kids. I think the Bachchans would have been happier with their daughter-in-law doing that than having one that always upstaged her husband and in-laws...

Karishma always seemed like the agreeable one (and Kareena the rebel) so she would have molded herself to live in the shadows of the Bachchans. However, this doesn't mean she would become some sort of doormat, no, Babita would have ensured her daughter was always treated well and given her worth. She probably wouldn't be happy with Abhishek's lack of success though. I think ultimately, at the very least on the baseline level, she just wanted her daughters to be financially secure. Kareena found that AND love, so good on her.

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 23 hours ago

Originally posted by: Deadinside

She did really age well though. She is still looking like a 25yo single woman.

... and probably ready to mingle. smiley17

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 22 hours ago

Usually ppl tend to think marriage working or not working is coz of the ppl involved..it’s much more than that …it’s really a matter of destiny tbh

Kareena and karishma are a classic example ….kareena always says karishma is the glue that holds their fam together …shes the good daughter and one who would have been an ideal wife and DIL (in the conventional sense) and kareena is the rebel who has no filter, is perceived arrogant

Typically the rebel is usually the one to struggle with marriage but it’s the other way around here

Goes to show that your personality (adjustable, amiable) is not what’s making a marriage succeed …u could be the nicest person and married to a complete asshole (like in the case of karishma) and that will never work no matter how adjustable u are

Or u could be 2 perceived rebels (saif and kareena) who are considered egoistic , arrogant, rigid in their beliefs (all red flags in a marriage) and yet gel well together and have a marriage that works and brings the best out of both of u

I wish ppl realise that and stop making it seem like “if only ppl adjusted more” they’d have a happy marriage …those Indian matchmaking aunty types who want ppl to be “flexible and adjustable and easy”…that’s not what makes a marriage tick imo…it’s not abt how adjustable u are ..it’s whether or not ur willing to adjust for that specific person ur marrying and if they are willing to do the same with u (which is beyond ur control)

Edited by pathaka - 22 hours ago