Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mr.Abrol thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 days ago

Originally posted by: Mr.Abrol

Write whole plot & post .

Don't bother (just in case) . No point . RGV ki hatt gyi hai . Unintentional comedy bana chhorega .

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Mr.Abrol

Don't bother (just in case) . No point . RGV ki hatt gyi hai . Unintentional comedy bana chhorega .

Even his last few outings like Phoonk and Agyaat never deserved to be hits...Audience was quite kind on him based on the glorious history he had as a director.

You are right, he made an unintentional comic spoof of his amazing classic Shiva, by remaking it.

Outlander22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Omg YeS!!

with Urmila as the lead again!!!!!

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 days ago

Originally posted by: JeanieBeanie

Does anyone know why she walked out of DTPH?

Poster on Reddit claims that Urmila walked out from DTPH because she had a tiff with Yash Chopra over pay. Rangeela's success meant she was getting more money than the Khans. Yash Chopra was notoriously cheap. He didn't pay Akshay for DTPH and told him he was lucky to be in the movie since he was a flop star. Also originally didn't want to cast SRK for DTPH because SRK raised his asking price after DDLJ's success. Yash Chopra was going to cast Aamir instead to teach SRK a lesson. Sounds like Yash Chopra refused to pay Urmila her high fees so she walked out because of that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/comments/15k9x7k/yash_chopra_was_such_a_big_fan_of_madhuri_that_he/

Jazzkapur thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I think the storyline was such that it wouldn't have appealed to the masses. Too claustrophobic, like a stage show, set in only one house and only 3 actors onscreen. Another thing is that Urmila's role wouldn't have worked with a male actor. We're more inclined to trust her and believe her as an innocent because she's a woman. The threat of two men as intruders in the house is also heightened because she's the sole woman which wouldn't have worked as well if it was a man playing her character.

Female villains were still very scarce in Bollywood, let alone female killers, so like Gupt, this film operated on the twist of the heroine being the killer.

bold- yeah but in itv, it's very common
Jazzkapur thumbnail

Dil To Pagal Hai was a blockbuster. Highest grossing movie of the year worldwide. Karishma's performance got her both a Filmfare and National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress.

While both films are still popular to this day, Karishma's character in Dil To Pagal Hai particularly took on a life of her own. I see so many people say they loved Pooja and wished she got more screentime or a better ending. Very few people resonate with Madhuri's character, although she was the lead, whereas everyone still adores Karishma's Nisha. Le Gayi also seems like the most popular song from the movie since it's the one that still plays the most and was picturized on Karishma.

In comparison, Sridevi's character of Kajal stole the show. Urmila was good as Jhanvi but she never overshadowed the lead the way Karishma did with Madhuri in DTPH. So Urmila got accolades for her performance but no awards and her Jhanvi was never considered all that sympathetic or popular. In fact, the character's biggest legacy is that both Sridevi and Juhi liked the name enough to name their daughters Jhanvi. So we can blame this movie for Janhvi Kapoor.

I'm curious if Urmila could have overshowed the lead role in Judaai if Madhuri had played her instead of Sridevi. This is the closest we can tell from that in this Judaai reenactment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zVcKU7mLeM

bold- Pooja was Madhuri's character's name
JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Poster on Reddit claims that Urmila walked out from DTPH because she had a tiff with Yash Chopra over pay. Rangeela's success meant she was getting more money than the Khans. Yash Chopra was notoriously cheap. He didn't pay Akshay for DTPH and told him he was lucky to be in the movie since he was a flop star. Also originally didn't want to cast SRK for DTPH because SRK raised his asking price after DDLJ's success. Yash Chopra was going to cast Aamir instead to teach SRK a lesson. Sounds like Yash Chopra refused to pay Urmila her high fees so she walked out because of that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/comments/15k9x7k/yash_chopra_was_such_a_big_fan_of_madhuri_that_he/

But that's speculation on the poster's part. After scouring the internet, I couldn't find anything concrete regarding her reason for walking out. Doesn't seem like she even gave a reason publicly? Maybe it wasn't seen as a big deal back then, for a number of reasons, particularly because that part was offered to and turned down by many actresses including Juhi, and secondly because Urmila never became a big mainstream star so I suppose no one cared enough to find out.

I can buy YRF being cheap about pay, but Urmila signed on for the movie, had obviously agreed to a salary amount before doing so, actually shot for the film for a few days, and then walked out. Like what happened?? Did she just want to go do something else? Maybe she thought Judai would be better for her, maybe the shooting schedules conflicted and she had to give priority to the movie she signed first. If she had a tiff with Yash Chopra, I feel like that would be hard to keep hidden and would get out to the world. Yash Chopra wasn't a secretive person and was quite vocal about these sorts of things.

Sparkling_Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 days ago

I love this movie. The ending was amazing!! It sent shivers down my spine.

Urmila acted really well and Manoj Bajpayee's performance was exceptional as always.