Don't you think this movie has FANTASTIC POTENTIAL for a sequel ?

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 days ago

Here I am referring to none other than one of the most loved thriller of Bollywood KAUN (1999).

Imo, Kaun has FULL POTENTIAL for a sequel.

Urmila murdered two guys already,

The third one was at the door, in the very last scene of the movie, waiting for her to open the door, and the film ends there.....PERFECT CLIMAX for a sequel.

Urmila was a total mystery , they can focus in the sequel on her whereabouts, who was she, where did she came from, what was her backdrop story to trigger her so much to venture into others homes to murder them without an apparent reason and later roaming around in the empty houses after killing them...

That would be a sequel that is totally deserving to be made.

What do you think ?

https://ibb.co/gMJ9fhQ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sharaban thumbnail

The only thing I am skeptical about is, who will make that sequel which will be as brilliant as Kaun was.

Because the genius & uber creative Ram Gopal Verma we knew, once (of Shiva, Raat, Kaun, Kshana Kshanam, Rangeela, Satya and Company) died years ago, for some reason.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Very underrated movie. I feel this movie hasn't been widely seen but the people who have seen it have nothing but praise for it. Excellent performance by Urmila which should have been recognized on a larger scale. She makes this movie.

Probably one of Bollywood's best thrillers which keeps you asking questions up till the very end. The truth remains in sight from the very beginning but the film knows how to present enough red herrings from the get-go that blind you from recognizing what's actually in front of you.

But I wouldn't want a sequel unless RGV and Urmila both returned and with his downfall, that's unlikely.

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 13 days ago
sharaban thumbnail

I can also see some people WILL NOT LIKE the explanations for Urmila's character in the sequel, as her vague, unexplained and open ended character was one of the main beauty of this mystery thriller.

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: ITanyaSharabi

Tanya didi, why are you always so on the defensive?? Barely anybody responds to your low-class thread and already you are making up explanations for why you have such bad taste and making accusations? Childhood problem maybe??? smiley36

Save your paranoia and delusions for somebody who cares

I am seriously praying for your mental health, may you find peace in life.

After my sincere prayers for you, blocking you as well. Both "actions" are impertive , and goes hand in hand ... 😂

Banned

Posted: 12 days ago

[Post Removed]

Banned

[Post Removed]

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

I can also see some people WILL NOT LIKE the explanations for Urmila's character in the sequel, as her vague, unexplained and open ended character was one of the main beauty of this mystery thriller.

I think sometimes answering questions to fill in a backstory sounds better on paper than what is actually executed. Sometimes it's better to leave that story untold because the mystery is more compelling than what we end up being given. But not always so I would be game either way.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

So many 90s and early 2000s movies of Urmila & Tabu..and you wonder how good those were and how amazing they were yet they were not awarded..those were totally weird times..i mean how could urmila's performance in kaun not win every possible award in the country? i agree Aish deserved all awards for HDDCS the same year..she was magic..but at least they could have awarded urmila the critics award..or was she? same for tabu in chandni bar..she definitely deserved the main awards instead of kajol for K3G..but we all know how awards function and nothing has changed till date..only time it was fair was when urmila won for bhoot over preity in KHNH in screen awards but FF again did the typical..

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

So many 90s and early 2000s movies of Urmila & Tabu..and you wonder how good those were and how amazing they were yet they were not awarded..those were totally weird times..i mean how could urmila's performance in kaun not win every possible award in the country? i agree Aish deserved all awards for HDDCS the same year..she was magic..but at least they could have awarded urmila the critics award..or was she? same for tabu in chandni bar..she definitely deserved the main awards instead of kajol for K3G..but we all know how awards function and nothing has changed till date..only time it was fair was when urmila won for bhoot over preity in KHNH in screen awards but FF again did the typical..

Urmila spoke out a bit about this and how Filmfare never gave her much credit because she was an outsider in the industry. And whereas some outsiders still got success and credit from pairing with big banners like Yash Raj films, Urmila refused to do that. Because she remained Ram Gopal Varma's muse, and he was not really in the elite Bollywood clique, she was never part of it either. Despite YRF desperately trying to sign her, first for Dil To Pagal Hai (filmed for a day before quitting) and then again in the late 2000s. Her main connection to the industry is close friend Manish Malhotra who includes her in all his events because his career was launched with hers on Rangeela where he dressed her.

So I'm not surprised she was ignored for Kaun.

Urmila only won one Filmfare, which was the Critics Award for Bhoot. As you said, she did win the Screen Award over Preity for KHNH, but at Filmfare she could only win the Critics Award.

Tabu also won the Critics Award at Filmfare whereas Kajol won the main award for K3G. But Tabu actually did win the IIFA Best Actress award over Kajol. IIFA has never cared for Kajol much so she's never won an award there (and wasn't even nominated for My Name is Khan).

Urmila really deserved a double nomination in 2003 since her two greatest performances (better than Bhoot imo even if Bhoot was the only one of these three films to be a hit) were in Tehzeeb and especially Pinjar. Very disappointed she never received recognition for either of these two movies even if she did get recognition for Bhoot that year instead.

Urmila also should have won the Critics Award for Ek Hasina Thi in 2004 imo.

If you notice, Filmfare mainly grouped Tabu, Manisha, and Urmila as actresses who weren't commercial enough so all their wins were only with the Critics Award rather than the regular Filmfare award. Tabu has won several Critics Awards and so has Manisha but both never got anywhere close to the main award. I thought Tabu might have with Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 since that was such a huge success but we all know who won that year.