LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 20 days ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minakrish thumbnail
Posted: 19 days ago

When I first started cooking back in 9th grade, I decided to try my hand at making chocolate pancakes for breakfast one weekend. But instead of using maida, I accidentally grabbed rice flour and added the cocoa powder into it.๐Ÿ˜

The result? Crunchy chocolate pancakes that definitely werenโ€™t what I had in mind, but it was a memorable kitchen adventure. I came to know that I used the wrong flour after I took the first bite.๐Ÿคฃ

Even though they turned out a bit different, it was a fun cooking experiment and a great learning experience.๐Ÿ˜†

shalu_libra thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: minakrish

When I first started cooking back in 9th grade, I decided to try my hand at making chocolate pancakes for breakfast one weekend. But instead of using maida, I accidentally grabbed rice flour and added the cocoa powder into it.๐Ÿ˜

The result? Crunchy chocolate pancakes that definitely werenโ€™t what I had in mind, but it was a memorable kitchen adventure. I came to know that I used the wrong flour after I took the first bite.๐Ÿคฃ

Even though they turned out a bit different, it was a fun cooking experiment and a great learning experience.๐Ÿ˜†

Iโ€™d have liked to see how those tasted. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

My pet peeve in cooking is using pressure cookers - I mess up a lot of times. ๐Ÿ˜…

minakrish thumbnail

Originally posted by: shalu_libra

Iโ€™d have liked to see how those tasted. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

My pet peeve in cooking is using pressure cookers - I mess up a lot of times. ๐Ÿ˜…

Pressure Cookers can be tricky but luckily I have memorised the ratios of water to the time required for every dish.๐Ÿ˜…
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

I always hated cooking before my marriage. Jaise taise karke mom taught me basic daal chawal roti sabzi banana. Then during the lockdown I somehow developed interest in cooking. During that time I experimented with lot of dishes and almost all of them were sheer failures. One thing I would say is if you watch any recipe video on YouTube they always make it look like the dish is easiest to make ๐Ÿ˜† and I always used to carried away by them ๐Ÿ˜ but when I started cooking I realized they were not as easy as they looked in the video. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I tried to cook Biryani, stuffed parathas, pizza and many other recipes and realized one needs lot of practice to make them. My Biryani was terrible in taste as well as texture. When I mixed the orange color with water and put it on Biryani it somehow spread all over the dish and my whole Biryani looked orange ๐Ÿ˜‚ and the taste was ๐Ÿคฎ. My husband said, if you want to eat Biryani we'll order it from restaurant but kabhi galti se bhi ghar pe banane ke baare mein sochna bhi mat. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Even the aloo paratha and gobi paratha recipes look easy but the most challenging part is rolling the parathas with the filling. I decided that I am not gonna get fooled by the youtube recipe pages ever after. ๐Ÿคฃ

SoniRita thumbnail
Posted: 18 days ago

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

I always hated cooking before my marriage. Jaise taise karke mom taught me basic daal chawal roti sabzi banana. Then during the lockdown I somehow developed interest in cooking. During that time I experimented with lot of dishes and almost all of them were sheer failures. One thing I would say is if you watch any recipe video on YouTube they always make it look like the dish is easiest to make ๐Ÿ˜† and I always used to carried away by them ๐Ÿ˜ but when I started cooking I realized they were not as easy as they looked in the video. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I tried to cook Biryani, stuffed parathas, pizza and many other recipes and realized one needs lot of practice to make them. My Biryani was terrible in taste as well as texture. When I mixed the orange color with water and put it on Biryani it somehow spread all over the dish and my whole Biryani looked orange ๐Ÿ˜‚ and the taste was ๐Ÿคฎ. My husband said, if you want to eat Biryani we'll order it from restaurant but kabhi galti se bhi ghar pe banane ke baare mein sochna bhi mat. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Even the aloo paratha and gobi paratha recipes look easy but the most challenging part is rolling the parathas with the filling. I decided that I am not gonna get fooled by the youtube recipe pages ever after. ๐Ÿคฃ

I totally relate with you. I also started cooking after marriage only n idk why but mujhse roti aachi se banti hi nahi uff. All rest i can cook as in i am pro in making curries n biryanis n veg chillis n so on but parathas ( stuffed etc) i m unable to makesmiley13smiley36
shalu_libra thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: minakrish

Pressure Cookers can be tricky but luckily I have memorised the ratios of water to the time required for every dish.๐Ÿ˜…

Wow..there is a ratio of water to time? Can you share your knowledge?

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: SoniRita

I totally relate with you. I also started cooking after marriage only n idk why but mujhse roti aachi se banti hi nahi uff. All rest i can cook as in i am pro in making curries n biryanis n veg chillis n so on but parathas ( stuffed etc) i m unable to makesmiley13smiley36

I couldn't make rotis either when I got married. And the thing is.. hubby could make perfectly round ones! smiley36 Took me a while to learn, & I did but those initial days right from making the atta too runny to making rotis that resembled maps of countries were disastrous! smiley36

I remember using bin lids to cut them into a round shape, smiley36but eventually got there. Parathas can be tricky even now sometimes. smiley6

AninditaB thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 17 days ago

First of all thanks for the tag smiley31 . Normally I don't have debacles of misplacing ingredients as I am very much particular about these and I arrange those before I go for cooking smiley36 .

But once I baked a cake with Bournvita since cocoa powder wasn't available at home, the cake came out sticky and I can't even cut the pieces nicely smiley19. Anyway after that I never used Bournvita or any other chocolate substitute for my cakes.

Mystic_Muse thumbnail
Rainbow Reign Pride Participant 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 days ago

Oh I have an amazing experience ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I was in 6th when my mom wasn't at home. And 8 had to cook Maggie. I was completely blank at that time how to cook it.

What I did was. A kadai on the gas I put some oil and the added the Maggie masala and then wow ๐Ÿ˜ฎ what was the result that all got burned. I never had thought that Maggie should be boiled first. And no oil is needed here. That was my first time in the kitchen I it was tragedy for me smiley26smiley44smiley44so helpless smiley44