Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IamRaj96 thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

You think that even a kid can say which country the terrorists belonged to but Anubhav Sinha didn't say that. Instead he indicated that these were only Al Qaeda related people. Many who see the series will think they were Afghani or Talibanis. Not everyone reads books

And the people who are trying to give these terrorists a sympathetic touch doesn't need any therapy? Why are those lines needed?

Oh so when it came to show the names of terrorists, it was Ok to use the correct fake names although they are the ones of God of one religion, but when it came about showing an event of conversion, the one religion shouldn't have been highlighted?? Then they could have also used wrong fake names like say Raja and Sameer that could have made it religiously neutral right?? So use the correct fact when it comes to one Religious facts but ignore when about other religious facts

And OK even if Radha Krishna had a bad influence, that doesn't mean that other bad influence could be ignored. Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

Didnt i already mention why Netflix played it safe?? Its a global platform, not a local one, so they dont have the same freedom to mention specific countries or religions. Local OTT apps and even bollywood have the freedom to reference particular religions and countries but global players dont.

Honestly, you dont need to read books to figure out who is behind these attacks. Anyone who reads the news, uses the internet, or consumes media can easily tell which country is responsible. People arent so clueless that they dont know who is behind this.

They were simply trying to portray events as realistically as possible. They even depicted how brutal and evil those terrorists were. Did you forget that part?? Do you really think that a few dialogues and scenes are enough to whitewash them?? Seriously??

They are just names, they are not actual gods for goodness sake. Using those names doesnt mean anything or imply anything. These were the actual names used during the incident, so they were also used in the series. Converting to Islam is a completely different matter, please understand the difference. That would put the entire religion in a negative light (again, im not taking sides, just stating a fact) and it will upset countries where that religion is the majority. Remember, Netflix is available there too. But using those specific names will never negatively impact our religion because everyone knows those were code names, not real ones and we also know which religion and country are behind these attacks.

In my view, this Netflix series doesnt have a bad influence. It doesnt change the real facts, nowhere. Yes, they played it safe with some things but they didnt portray the terrorists as heroes or anything like that. They tried to keep things as real as possible, but when necessary, they played it safe.

On the other hand, shows like RadhaKrishna are destroying the stories of sacred gods by altering facts and butchering history. And shows like anupamaa and other daily soaps are actually holding us back from progressing. This is where we actually need to put some restrictions but our audience doesnt seem to have a problem with these things that are genuinely impacting us negatively.

Within a month, everyone will forget about this series but those rotten daily soaps will keep rotting our minds till the end of the century.

Edited by IamRaj96 - 1 months ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: IamRaj96

Didnt i already mention why Netflix played it safe?? Its a global platform, not a local one, so they dont have the same freedom to mention specific countries or religions. Local OTT apps and even bollywood have the freedom to reference particular religions and countries but global players dont.

Honestly, you dont need to read books to figure out who is behind these attacks. Anyone who reads the news, uses the internet, or consumes media can easily tell which country is responsible. People arent so clueless that they dont know who is behind this.

They were simply trying to portray events as realistically as possible. They even depicted how brutal and evil those terrorists were. Did you forget that part?? Do you really think that a few dialogues and scenes are enough to whitewash them?? Seriously??

They are just names, they are not actual gods for goodness sake. Using certain names doesnt mean anything or imply anything. These were the actual names used during the incident, so they were also used in the series. Converting to Islam is a completely different matter, please understand the difference. That would put the entire religion in a negative light (again, im not taking sides, just stating a fact) and it will upset countries where that religion is the majority. Remember, Netflix is available there too. But using those specific names will never negatively impact our religion because everyone knows those were code names, not real ones and we also know which religion and country are behind these attacks.

In my view, this Netflix series doesnt have a bad influence. It doesnt change the real facts, nowhere. Yes, they played it safe with some things but they didnt portray the terrorists as heroes or anything like that. They tried to keep things as real as possible, but when necessary, they played it safe.

On the other hand, shows like RadhaKrishna are destroying the stories of sacred gods by altering facts and butchering history. And shows like anupamaa and other daily soaps are actually holding us back from progressing. This is where we actually need to put some restrictions but our audience doesnt seem to have a problem with these things that are genuinely impacting us negatively.

Within a month, everyone will forget about this series but those rotten daily soaps will keep rotting our minds till the end of the century.

My question is same, if Netflix doesn't have freedom to show an actual event of religious conversion, why does it have the freedom to show terrorists being called by the name of Hindu Gods?? If they couldn't show one, they shouldn't have shown the other as well. Or else show both.. Showing one and hiding other because of global reach is hypocrisy. You are right Netflix is a global platform and any Pakistani who sees this will immediately believe that those with names of Hindu Gods were so cruel.

Who said that it won't have any effect? As I said if they were so keen on accuracy show accurate things everywhere or else change the parts which might hurt the followers of any religion.

Yes anyone who reads books or news knows who was behind the attack, but those who don't do either and are more interested in forming opinions by visual stories and form a greater percentage of the population will take whatever was shown and remember only that.

IamRaj96 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

My question is same, if Netflix doesn't have freedom to show an actual event of religious conversion, why does it have the freedom to show terrorists being called by the name of Hindu Gods?? If they couldn't show one, they shouldn't have shown the other as well. Or else show both.. Showing one and hiding other because of global reach is hypocrisy. You are right Netflix is a global platform and any Pakistani who sees this will immediately believe that those with names of Hindu Gods were so cruel.

Who said that it won't have any effect? As I said if they were so keen on accuracy show accurate things everywhere or else change the parts which might hurt the followers of any religion.

Yes anyone who reads books or news knows who was behind the attack, but those who don't do either and are more interested in forming opinions by visual stories and form a greater percentage of the population will take whatever was shown and remember only that.

Its very simple. Tell me, does using codenames based on our gods impact our religion negatively in any way?? Obviously not, because they were just codenames. However, showing a conversion angle negatively impacts that particular religion, which is why they cant show it, they simply dont have the freedom to do so.

Can you point out a single specific incident where these series has affected our society?? Just one?? This is just one series that people will conveniently forget the next day when they find something new to watch. But what about daily soaps that have been negatively impacting us for the last 20 years?? Has anyone raised objections about that?? This series doesnt even have 1% of the negative impact that these daily soaps have had on our audience over the last 20+ years.

You must be joking if you think that anyone in india didnt know who was behind this incident. Even if you say today's kids dont know about this incident, they are smart enough to browse for information on the internet, unlike the middle aged audience who gets easily influenced by daily soap nonsense. Thats the difference between Netflix and linear TV GEC’s audiences.

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

🤔

Hmm so, a platform playing it safe only caters to where one section of society is concerned, I suppose. Because the platform still hosts a number of shows, movies where there is blatant disregard and explicit mention of other sections.

Oh well, in the country with the largest population (meaning a huge market) can be shown conflicting views and it would still be ok. Isn't it?

Edited by Bodhianveshika - 1 months ago
InsaneDivine thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IamRaj96

Its very simple. Tell me, does using codenames based on our gods impact our religion negatively in any way?? Obviously not, because they were just codenames. However, showing a conversion angle negatively impacts that particular religion, which is why they cant show it, they simply dont have the freedom to do so.

Can you point out a single specific incident where these series has affected our society?? Just one?? This is just one series that people will conveniently forget the next day when they find something new to watch. But what about daily soaps that have been negatively impacting us for the last 20 years?? Has anyone raised objections about that?? This series doesnt even have 1% of the negative impact that these daily soaps have had on our audience over the last 20+ years.

You must be joking if you think that anyone in india didnt know who was behind this incident. Even if you say today's kids dont know about this incident, they are smart enough to browse for information on the internet, unlike the middle aged audience who gets easily influenced by daily soap nonsense. Thats the difference between Netflix and linear TV GEC’s audiences.

Not being able to show conversion attempt by terrorists, which is true, because they don't have freedom to do so, but at the same time having enjoyed complete freedom to platform a series like Leila in the past that showcases Hindus as Nazi type genociders, which is far from truth is actually hypocrisy and cowardice. It tells you fundamentally where the two communities stand in terms of tolerance and also about the mindset of Netflix and our movie makers.

Rest I agree with the ITV shows having gone to dogs. They are problematic, it's characters do all sorts of questionable things and then take moral high ground or act victim. The have led from the front when it came to twisting rituals and forging rediculous narratives.

But then television is actually loosing viewership while on OTT it's an upward trend and hence the greater scruitiny by public perhaps. I will always remain a well wisher of television though

https://www.businesstoday.in/magazine/deep-dive/story/soaps-in-a-soup-once-famous-indian-soap-operas-are-losing-to-the-ott-onslaught-403171-2023-10-25

Edited by InsaneDivine - 1 months ago
IamRaj96 thumbnail

Originally posted by: InsaneDivine

Not being able to show conversion attempt by terrorists, which is true, because they don't have freedom to do so, but at the same time having enjoyed complete freedom to platform a series like Leila in the past that showcases Hindus as Nazi type genociders, which is far from truth is actually hypocrisy and cowardice. It tells you fundamentally where the two communities stand in terms of tolerance and also about the mindset of Netflix and our movie makers.

Rest I agree with the ITV shows having gone to dogs. They are problematic, it's characters do all sorts of questionable things and then take moral high ground or act victim. The have led from the front when it came to twisting rituals and forging rediculous narratives.

But then television is actually loosing viewership while on OTT it's an upward trend and hence the greater scruitiny by public perhaps. I will always remain a well wisher of television though

https://www.businesstoday.in/magazine/deep-dive/story/soaps-in-a-soup-once-famous-indian-soap-operas-are-losing-to-the-ott-onslaught-403171-2023-10-25

I havent seen that show, so i cant comment on it directly. However, one thing i will say is that at that time, Netflix was still struggling in india and didnt have a large subscriber base. This made it easier for them to include content like that. Moreover, the series is fictional and set in a dystopian world, not based on real events, which is another key factor to consider. Today, Netflix wouldnt risk depicting hindus in that way because they now have a strong presence in india and cant afford to alienate such a significant market. While i dont know the exact storyline and cant comment on it directly, if the content is truly problematic, people should consider filing complaints against the show.

Tv may be losing some of its audience but billions of people still watch it daily. OTT platforms have a long way to go before they can fully replace television. It will take considerable time before television fades away completely, and until then, it will continue to influence the audience's mindset negatively, as it has been doing for the last 20+ years, which is more concerning.

IamRaj96 thumbnail

Its ironic how people overlook the real point i was making in my posts. The more alarming issue today is actually the content on linear television, which has been degrading our audience for over 20 years and will likely continue to do so for another decade or two. This should be our primary concern, yet no one seems to object to it. Instead, they ignore the fact that this content is far more toxic than the fleeting Netflix series that will be forgotten in a couple of weeks. The harmful content on linear Tv, which has been slowly eroding us like termites for the past 20 years, seems to raise no concern at all.

Lostin90s thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
  • Message cannot be Empty !
Edited by Lostin90s - 1 months ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

sick , bullyweed whitewashing n false narration , pak /isi agents . evil agenda . Netflix , bw deserves to be cancelled .

Cancel Netflix subscription.