Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NathuPaapi thumbnail
Voice of India 2024 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

Interesting thread. Pay attention to the terrorist latif mentioned in the thread.

https://x.com/vijaygajera/status/1831269085432435078?t=cSE9oPM-v3gYbzE7DcC65g&s=19

devashree_h thumbnail
NathuPaapi thumbnail

This series is being universally panned for the same reasons, many critics being from the opposite side of the spectrum too.

https://x.com/manakgupta/status/1830837834204221723?t=OZwGJPWBvrDUSCgMECjZAA&s=19

Ayushi_78 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

And how did government allow it. They have let them go with just a disclaimer

And people are claiming Netflix putting a disclaimer with real names as victory. This is not even a bug action let alone a victory.

We really need strict actions else the ripple effect of such cases can be really scary.

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Ayushi_78

And people are claiming Netflix putting a disclaimer with real names as victory. This is not even a bug action let alone a victory.

We really need strict actions else the ripple effect of such cases can be really scary.

Wahi na. Had they changed the names to real ones probably that could have been taken a win (like they had to in OMG2, they changed Shivji into a Guna of Shivji)

Here people are enjoying like anything

You know now I think China is good, they don't allow private companies to work the way they want

Minionite thumbnail

This is probably the best summary of the entire issue. I was originally not planning on watching the series, but after the backlash I sat down over the weekend and FF watched it and this is the biggest issue with it!

Everything is called "creative liberty" but it's not creative liberty when you whitewash terrorists and make it seem like India was the one at fault for everything. I agree that maybe the security forces, the government, the police, everyone could have done a better job. But they had tough decisions to make in the moment. Decisions that we can retrospect and tear apart all we want, but we do not know what we ourselves would have done in the moment.

At the end of the day though, 5 terrorists hijacked a plane. Fine they may have been "kind" enough to give hostages food and let them play antakshari, but what is kindness when held at gunpoint? That's like saying Stockholm Syndrome is true romantic love.

I want to know how such a series passed censor boards - those same censor boards who have issues with swear words and kissing. I want to know how producers thought this series was worth backing. I want to know what actors were thinking when they signed on with this show - I don't care how well they showcased their role. And, most of all, I want to know what the f the director was thinking when he decided to whitewash terrorists.

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Everything is so much politicized in India that here we see many people celebrating this series going on since it highlights the incapability/laziness of government at that time. Fine it was a government failure, no denial to it but Government can only be accused of inappropriate actions and not carrying out their jobs properly. The terrorists however were the actual killers and culprits and you are making them some humane people who "can not have the luxury to treat death as something horrific"

These people demanded the release of Maulana who later formed JeM and was hence responsible for Pulwama attacks and attack on Indian parliament..

I saw congress supporters celebrating that this series is running just with a disclaimer while Emergency movie release in stuck..

I really feel sorry at this stage with so much politics in and around

NathuPaapi thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Everything is so much politicized in India that here we see many people celebrating this series going on since it highlights the incapability/laziness of government at that time. Fine it was a government failure, no denial to it but Government can only be accused of inappropriate actions and not carrying out their jobs properly. The terrorists however were the actual killers and culprits and you are making them some humane people who "can not have the luxury to treat death as something horrific"

These people demanded the release of Maulana who later formed JeM and was hence responsible for Pulwama attacks and attack on Indian parliament..

I saw congress supporters celebrating that this series is running just with a disclaimer while Emergency movie release in stuck..

I really feel sorry at this stage with so much politics in and around

The more i read the news, the more sorry I feel.

They are absolutely right when they say - ignorance is bliss 😞

InsaneDivine thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

This series is being universally panned for the same reasons, many critics being from the opposite side of the spectrum too.

https://x.com/manakgupta/status/1830837834204221723?t=OZwGJPWBvrDUSCgMECjZAA&s=19

He is right. They could have shown the names through narration, if the intention was indeed not wrong.

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Those who have seen the series can probably answer. I think it's not shown that's why the backlash and now they have added disclaimer. (Which most of the audience skip)

There should have been a segment where terrorists discuss about using aliases names. Their intentions to use names like Shankar n Bhola which obviously were to ridicule Hindus sentiments.

Anubhav Sinha ko to bohat creative liberty yaad aa rahi thi article 15 bnaate waqt..

It's about intent and mindset. And by now everyone knows Anubhav Sinha and his Crap intentions.