Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sera-high123 thumbnail

Team Ru-Ro (Gen 4)

Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: elizamerin

Till Armaan sheds Poddar name from his name,the connection will always there.its not something he should do it for Abhira ,it's something he should do it for himself.He have to understand what went wrong in all these years in his life becoz of these people.He was ready to leave his home,but wasn't going to leave relations who abuse him .He learns to stand for his mother .otherwise he can be manipulated by Kp again with just a call and take Abhira with him .He should realize what is he to Kaveri poddar actually.without realising all these if he leaves with Abhira for Abhira,he will always crave for Dadisa, relation will become bitter later.That relation is going to be a baggage to both.

I think we are missing a major point here. Is Abhira ready to leave the Poddar's. I am not talking about Armaan here. I am talking about the family members, is she ready to leave them ?? I don't think so.

elizamerin thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Team Phufasa

Originally posted by: Sera-high123

I think we are missing a major point here. Is Abhira ready to leave the Poddar's. I am not talking about Armaan here. I am talking about the family members, is she ready to leave them ?? I don't think so.

If Armaan isn't in the picture,will she hold back?Yes she loves them that doesn't mean she stays there for them.Its for Armaan she stays there,because she want him with all his happiness.After seeing him fight with Dadisa for her,it's for Armaan she left to marry him and was going to live with him in another home.Offcpurse she will again do that,If he wishes to leave them.

Anyway here I wasn't talking about that in quoted post.

Sera-high123 thumbnail

Team Ru-Ro (Gen 4)

Originally posted by: elizamerin

If Armaan isn't in the picture,will she hold back?Yes she loves them that doesn't mean she stays there for them.Its for Armaan she stays there,because she want him with all his happiness.After seeing him fight with Dadisa for her,it's for Armaan she left to marry him and was going to live with him in another home.Offcpurse she will again do that,If he wishes to leave them.

Anyway here I wasn't talking about that in quoted post.

I don't think so. Of course she is related to them through Armaan but she does love them especially KP. She loves Armaan + his family. When she made that mehndi she clearly said Pyarvaur Parivaar dono ka sapna tha. That Parivaar was not so that Armaan can be with his family. It was for her because she craves the big family. There is nothing wrong with that. Sirf ek Insaan se log Pyaar nhi karte. She has stayed in that family for a year and is too attached to them.

Even when she had made up her mind to leave the city, she stayed because of Madhav because she considers him her father, it was even when she knew that they are not married.

mili9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Hmmmm....... that episode brought me here. I hope I can use your space to rant for a bit, my friendsmiley6

I agree with a lot of things you said in this very telling postsmiley20. I may not have called Abhira dumb though. I am not refuting what you are saying, but just presenting a different perspective. From my observations of lives of people around me and my own life situation, I don't think girls/women and their self respect have an absolute meaning unfortunately.

Agar absolute self respect honi hain, toh you have to be blind about everything else, and leave. That would include leaving her love and Armaan. Whether Armaan uske peeche ayega yaa nahin, yeh toh dekhne waali baath hain. Iss self respect ke chakkar mein, if she loses the love of her life, that will make her extremely unhappy and makes her second guess her decisions for the rest of her life. Agar self respect nahin hoti toh, woh Roohi hotismiley7, which of course she is not. So, what is a girl with nobody else in this world do to preserve whatever self respect she has.....? Exactly, what she is doing. Unfortunately, she will not have a moment of peace, as she will be looked upon as a pest or chaalaqi depending on how Armaan behaves with the family. If he agrees and sides with Abhira, Abhira is a chaalaq who made the beta a puppet. If Armaan sides with the family, she is a pest who doesn't simply go along with the rest of the family and her husband. That is the conundrum she will be in for the rest of her life.

And this doesn't happen just to FL of Indian TV. It happens to a lot of girls and women, irrespective of socio economic status, conservative vs contemporary families so on and so forth. Sometimes, this is well hidden, other times it is very blatant like what the show portrayed. One thing I have to give to Kaveri is that making her intentions/expectations of Abhira clear to Armaan as well. Most so called modern families will rant, rave, prick the bahus is isolation unbeknownst husband, to either directly or indirectly by gossiping about bahu's "ambition" about her career being in direct opposition of raising a family. The poor girl will have nothing concrete to even complain, even though she can feel this onslaught. Bahut petty lagegi if you verbalize your concerns about the modern MIL, FIL. This is the reality of our lives, if you look at them hard enough. Again, these are just my observations of people around me, immigrated to the West decades ago, still facing this kind of subtle manipulation. I am not saying everyone should have the same experiences.

Why is Armaan's career not an ambition, but his life's purpose, but Abhira's career a mere frivolous "ambition"?smiley11 Like Armaan rightfully pointed out, a son's professional endeavors are enabled, but a bahu's are ridiculed upon or at minimum taken lightly as an excuse to escape " family building" activities. I am glad that the show pointed this out outrightsmiley20

Those clauses have nothing for Abhira, why would she agree to that? But, I want to see how Armaan is going to react to these clauses. It seems like Abhira's interests are completely being disregarded in these clauses, so Armaan, as her well wisher and husband should have her best interests at heart should react to those. Because at the end of the day, nobody will pay heed to what Abhira has to say. I know Armaan also doesn't have any clout in that family, but has a little better standing than Abhira. He should be the one doing the refusing as it is his family who is putting out these terms.

@Charu, you are absolutely right my friendsmiley20. The guy who is submissive/or receptive to family's sensibilities and thoughts, his wife will have a difficult life as opposed to the guy who chooses to be oblivious of such sensibilities.

Sorry girls, I am not sure I have articulated what I wanted to, but this episode gave me major heartburn and hit too close to homesmiley28 But, I am liking the traction smiley15than a sugary sweet show and stupid vamp nonsensesmiley7

Tags for convenience......

pyar-ishk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mili9

Hmmmm....... that episode brought me here. I hope I can use your space to rant for a bit, my friendsmiley6

I agree with a lot of things you said in this very telling postsmiley20. I may not have called Abhira dumb though. I am not refuting what you are saying, but just presenting a different perspective. From my observations of lives of people around me and my own life situation, I don't think girls/women and their self respect have an absolute meaning unfortunately.

Agar absolute self respect honi hain, toh you have to be blind about everything else, and leave. That would include leaving her love and Armaan. Whether Armaan uske peeche ayega yaa nahin, yeh toh dekhne waali baath hain. Iss self respect ke chakkar mein, if she loses the love of her life, that will make her extremely unhappy and makes her second guess her decisions for the rest of her life. Agar self respect nahin hoti toh, woh Roohi hotismiley7, which of course she is not. So, what is a girl with nobody else in this world do to preserve whatever self respect she has.....? Exactly, what she is doing. Unfortunately, she will not have a moment of peace, as she will be looked upon as a pest or chaalaqi depending on how Armaan behaves with the family. If he agrees and sides with Abhira, Abhira is a chaalaq who made the beta a puppet. If Armaan sides with the family, she is a pest who doesn't simply go along with the rest of the family and her husband. That is the conundrum she will be in for the rest of her life.

And this doesn't happen just to FL of Indian TV. It happens to a lot of girls and women, irrespective of socio economic status, conservative vs contemporary families so on and so forth. Sometimes, this is well hidden, other times it is very blatant like what the show portrayed. One thing I have to give to Kaveri is that making her intentions/expectations of Abhira clear to Armaan as well. Most so called modern families will rant, rave, prick the bahus is isolation unbeknownst husband, to either directly or indirectly by gossiping about bahu's "ambition" about her career being in direct opposition of raising a family. The poor girl will have nothing concrete to even complain, even though she can feel this onslaught. Bahut petty lagegi if you verbalize your concerns about the modern MIL, FIL. This is the reality of our lives, if you look at them hard enough. Again, these are just my observations of people around me, immigrated to the West decades ago, still facing this kind of subtle manipulation. I am not saying everyone should have the same experiences.

Why is Armaan's career not an ambition, but his life's purpose, but Abhira's career a mere frivolous "ambition"?smiley11 Like Armaan rightfully pointed out, a son's professional endeavors are enabled, but a bahu's are ridiculed upon or at minimum taken lightly as an excuse to escape " family building" activities. I am glad that the show pointed this out outrightsmiley20

Those clauses have nothing for Abhira, why would she agree to that? But, I want to see how Armaan is going to react to these clauses. It seems like Abhira's interests are completely being disregarded in these clauses, so Armaan, as her well wisher and husband should have her best interests at heart should react to those. Because at the end of the day, nobody will pay heed to what Abhira has to say. I know Armaan also doesn't have any clout in that family, but has a little better standing than Abhira. He should be the one doing the refusing as it is his family who is putting out these terms.

@Charu, you are absolutely right my friendsmiley20. The guy who is submissive/or receptive to family's sensibilities and thoughts, his wife will have a difficult life as opposed to the guy who chooses to be oblivious of such sensibilities.

Sorry girls, I am not sure I have articulated what I wanted to, but this episode gave me major heartburn and hit too close to homesmiley28 But, I am liking the traction smiley15than a sugary sweet show and stupid vamp nonsensesmiley7

Tags for convenience......

That' was one of my issue too, how is that a prenup, when there's nothing there for Abhira. It you do this do that but there's nothing there saying if Armaan fail, then this will happen. ITV writers are lazy and lump everything under the umberilla of swabhimaan & self respect. What KP is asking Abhira to give up is her rights, to career and her body to make decision on motherhood. No 50/50 custody being offer just for Ab to give up her rights as a parent

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Team Critics

Hi mili😘

You're abs on point ..👆 but it made me think ..

Leaving arman and poddars would make her unhappy & make her regret ..but look at the irony..it should be difficult for arman & not abhira..It's his family ..latching onto one's family when they're humiliating him is understanding , there is a blood bond & years of togetherness & good memories...plus , gratitude for them..what about abhira ? This attachment to in laws who are downright abusive & full with ill intent , I can never understand this..Stockholm syndrome ? desperate need to latch onto a family even when they're abusive ?ya kaisa pyar hai?

Letting go off toxicity is one thing but then there's also hope that she may find better people ahead , better acquaintance, a better family & a better partner..or she doesn't have that much confidence in herself that she can build a better life without this family ?

There's hope only if she moves out with arman & with that comes the guilt , but it's OK, part of the deal ..either you live in regret or you live in guilt or you just live hoping for a better future ..what she chose is the worst..

Edited by Krinya - 1 months ago
mili9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Krinya

Hi mili😘

You're abs on point ..👆 but it made me think ..

Leaving arman and poddars would make her unhappy & make her regret ..but look at the irony..it should be difficult for arman & not abhira..It's his family ..latching onto one's family when they're humiliating him is understanding , there is a blood bond & years of togetherness & good memories...plus , gratitude for them..what about abhira ? This attachment to in laws who are downright abusive & full with ill intent , I can never understand this..Stockholm syndrome ? desperate need to latch onto a family even when they're abusive ?ya kaisa pyar hai?

Letting go off toxicity is one thing but then there's also hope that she may find better people ahead , better acquaintance, a better family & a better partner..or she doesn't have that much confidence in herself that she can build a better life without this family ?

There's hope only if she moves out with arman & with that comes the guilt , but it's OK, part of the deal ..either you live in regret or you live in guilt or you just live hoping for a better future ..what she chose is the worst..

Hmmmm....... let me see if I can make any sense with how I am looking at it.

@ bold.....Leaving Armaan would be difficult for her. Or to look at it the other way around, I don't think she will want the family without Armaansmiley24I know she talked about having a family+Armaan in the past. I looked at it as something she has done to look out for Armaan's future happiness, than her own fulfilment with family alone. I know you didn't like her hanging on to the family, but I looked at her decision from that vantage point. Achaar daalegi kya with the family without Armaansmiley29 especially with Kaveri, Phupha and Roohismiley35.

@ italics...... yeah, difficult conundrum. This is a battle for life if Kaveri allows the relationship to exist in the first place.

But, donon toh idiots hain smiley34now. Armaan for saying he won't listen anything bad about family when they love her so much. I mean, Armaan please open your eyes, you have been doing so well till now. I guess this is what she was afraid of that would have happened if Armaan left the family for her and he would play this during any argument. Yeh toh bahut hi realistic thasmiley20And Abhira for erupting on Armaan, poor guy also knew about this contract the same time as she didsmiley21. He was her path of least resistance bhadhakne ke liye as she can't yell at anybody elsesmiley28, she is taking it out on him. I like the conflictsmiley32, call me a sadist. But, nice to see some friction, rather than too much sugarsmiley16

Kaveri has no moral compass, proven several times oversmiley7I hope she gets her very own life's lessons quickly for thinking that she is a shatir player when it comes to rishtesmiley11Agree with Rani, phupha sa is smart smiley20and figured out that this marriage contract is actually to make Abhira attached to Armaan at the hip, not the other way aroundsmiley29. Ruhi ka toh, she didn't get it, she is in her lala land and hoping that all cards will play in her favor without any other possibilitiessmiley8I hoped that Rohit won't be made stupid, but looks like Ruhi is playing him very well. I am disappointed with Rohitsmiley28why can't they make him shatir? Shatir can be nice, being stupid doesn't equate to being nicesmiley11

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Team Critics

Hmmmm....... let me see if I can make any sense with how I am looking at it.

@ bold.....Leaving Armaan would be difficult for her. Or to look at it the other way around, I don't think she will want the family without Armaansmiley24I know she talked about having a family+Armaan in the past. I looked at it as something she has done to look out for Armaan's future happiness, than her own fulfilment with family alone. I know you didn't like her hanging on to the family, but I looked at her decision from that vantage point. Achaar daalegi kya with the family without Armaansmiley29 especially with Kaveri, Phupha and Roohismiley35.

@ italics...... yeah, difficult conundrum. This is a battle for life if Kaveri allows the relationship to exist in the first place.

But, donon toh idiots hain smiley34now. Armaan for saying he won't listen anything bad about family when they love her so much. I mean, Armaan please open your eyes, you have been doing so well till now. I guess this is what she was afraid of that would have happened if Armaan left the family for her and he would play this during any argument. Yeh toh bahut hi realistic thasmiley20And Abhira for erupting on Armaan, poor guy also knew about this contract the same time as she didsmiley21. He was her path of least resistance bhadhakne ke liye as she can't yell at anybody elsesmiley28, she is taking it out on him. I like the conflictsmiley32, call me a sadist. But, nice to see some friction, rather than too much sugarsmiley16

Kaveri has no moral compass, proven several times oversmiley7I hope she gets her very own life's lessons quickly for thinking that she is a shatir player when it comes to rishtesmiley11Agree with Rani, phupha sa is smart smiley20and figured out that this marriage contract is actually to make Abhira attached to Armaan at the hip, not the other way aroundsmiley29. Ruhi ka toh, she didn't get it, she is in her lala land and hoping that all cards will play in her favor without any other possibilitiessmiley8I hoped that Rohit won't be made stupid, but looks like Ruhi is playing him very well. I am disappointed with Rohitsmiley28why can't they make him shatir? Shatir can be nice, being stupid doesn't equate to being nicesmiley11

What I meant to say was , ke in the scenario where arman decides to leave his family , why should abhira latch onto them & convince him otherwise ? Abhiras obsession with poddars is not unknown ..

If arman blames her for separation frm family, he is just not worth , it will be equal to the white day ..he calls abhira his family right ? And such things can be discussed & agreed upon ..

But no use discussing all this..it won't happen , ever.

The conflict & outburst is ok ..she acted well & dialogues were good..however , I'm not surprised with what arman said...or , overall how he took this ..I mean ideally he should be furious just with the mention of contract, n wouldn't read it but u know..he is a hopeless fellow.. he would be my least fav lead of yrkkh so far...

Kaveri , ruhi , rohit , vidya , nalla madhav , idc for any of them..they just stir the pot..they do what they have to ...I am only interested in the equation between the leads..if the leads are dumb, it's game over