Users

Frequent Posters

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Posted: 18 days ago

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

Why ? He's right ,isn't he

the country is doomed if we bring casteism in rather random things like this...its a beauty contest..which has nothing to do with the caste you belong to.. I am sorry but I definitely dont think they ask for your caste on Miss India form either.. and the country was under Congress for 60 years..if they were so inclusive..maybe this point should have come earlier on no? anyway the colour of caste battle has changed from a battle of self respect to playing victim card..and we are going back to dark ages of reservation based stuff instead of meritocratic society. smiley29 People so concerned about minorities..because they shouldnt pay the price for what happened 500 years ago..same concept doesnt apply for Hindu folks. Hypocrisy at its peak.
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

RaGa said recently Miss India has no Dalit representation.smiley8 I agree with Nangu Kangu for once..

Ya well said kangana . Drug test must be done n this Pappu RaGa needs help n must be banned from politics . Failed product lol .

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Lol what do we have here? You're the one attacking me. And over what? A simple question as to how "one" knows. It was not framed in a personal way. I would have said "you" otherwise. Now even if you assume that was asking you, there was no offense meant and none should have been taken. So thoda chill maar. Dont get personal and dont be bursting your pipes over this. smiley36

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

the country is doomed if we bring casteism in rather random things like this...its a beauty contest..which has nothing to do with the caste you belong to.. I am sorry but I definitely dont think they ask for your caste on Miss India form either.. and the country was under Congress for 60 years..if they were so inclusive..maybe this point should have come earlier on no? anyway the colour of caste battle has changed from a battle of self respect to playing victim card..and we are going back to dark ages of reservation based stuff instead of meritocratic society. smiley29 People so concerned about minorities..because they shouldnt pay the price for what happened 500 years ago..same concept doesnt apply for Hindu folks. Hypocrisy at its peak.

You have a fair point when you ask what the Congress has done in all these years . The Congress has been quite elitist pretty much . But what he's said is not 'random'. That there hasn't been any Dalit representation in these pageants is quite telling. Yes it's a beauty contest . There are plenty of Dalit women who are beautiful. So isn't it odd that we haven't heard of any winner or finalist in all these years who is Dalit ? The point is that a de facto casteist hierarchy is still in place that keeps those at the bottom from getting to the 'top'. This is not about beauty contests alone . It goes for pretty much everything. If you just step out of your home and find out the caste of the sweepers ,cleaners , porters etc in your area they're all most likely going to be Dalit or OBC. Thats not a coincidence. How many Dalit actors do we have in Bollywood or any wood in India ? There's a great overlap of caste and class and while elitist contests like Miss India or Miss Whatever don't specifically ask for your caste it's a fact that only the privileged have access to these. Not just financial privilege but all kinds of other things associated with it ,like the ability to speak English well for example. In the IITs Dalit students often have a hard time keeping up because of the English -Regional language divide and they're even openly mocked for not following English. Access to good English medium schools depends on money and you cannot land a well paying job without a decent education ,to be able to afford good schools for your kids to be able to pay for extra hours of coaching or expensive books. So it's a catch 22 .

No ,caste based oppression or discrimination didn't happen 500 years ago. It still continues to happen in this country . Even now as we speak. From stereotypical things like not being allowed to drink water from a well or getting beaten for riding a mare during a wedding to ostracism at educational institutions ,bullying , denial of housing , exclusion at the workplace etc. When a building as a policy that requires the maid to take the stairs and never the elevator it's not just discrimination against blue collar workers ,caste and people's obsession with it have a a role to play there. And we still have a system that keeps some people confined to the horrors of caste in one way or the other. Thats what RG was hinting at. Putting Mallikarjun Kharge at the top is probably just a hollow attempt by the Congress at 'inclusivity' ,we don't know if he has any real say or power but that doesn't make RG's point comparable to the ravings of a drug addict like Kangana. Not speaking about caste is not going to make it go away. I don't want to get into the reservation debate but when you're so deep in denial of the problem maybe it colours your view. Reservation and meritocracy aren't really mutually exclusive . Replace Dalit with women and see how that sounds. Men still tell us we are playing the victim card when we talk about representation or equal pay or anything that challenges the status quo.

Edited by SavitaBarbie - 18 days ago
Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

SLB dropped the ball. He should have made Kangubai. Sure-shot blockbuster. smiley17

Maroonporsche thumbnail

They should test her for crazy

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

caste based reservations were enacted in 1950 and were supposed to be for only 10 years. They were supposed to lapse in 1960. But these pappu congress walas kept it going for their vote bank politics.

It's now very cynical of congress to demand reservations for govt jobs that impact the governance of the country. When it comes to her personal wellbeing, Sonia Gandhi is flying overseas for checkups. She is not seeing reservation doctors, is she?

as for caste for beauty contests, is this pappu character for real? How does someone end up with such a low IQ as his?

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Fashionista Circle

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

You have a fair point when you ask what the Congress has done in all these years . The Congress has been quite elitist pretty much . But what he's said is not 'random'. That there hasn't been any Dalit representation in these pageants is quite telling. Yes it's a beauty contest . There are plenty of Dalit women who are beautiful. So isn't it odd that we haven't heard of any winner or finalist in all these years who is Dalit ? The point is that a de facto casteist hierarchy is still in place that keeps those at the bottom from getting to the 'top'. This is not about beauty contests alone . It goes for pretty much everything. If you just step out of your home and find out the caste of the sweepers ,cleaners , porters etc in your area they're all most likely going to be Dalit or OBC. Thats not a coincidence. How many Dalit actors do we have in Bollywood or any wood in India ? There's a great overlap of caste and class and while elitist contests like Miss India or Miss Whatever don't specifically ask for your caste it's a fact that only the privileged have access to these. Not just financial privilege but all kinds of other things associated with it ,like the ability to speak English well for example. In the IITs Dalit students often have a hard time keeping up because of the English -Regional language divide and they're even openly mocked for not following English. Access to good English medium schools depends on money and you cannot land a well paying job without a decent education ,to be able to afford good schools for your kids to be able to pay for extra hours of coaching or expensive books. So it's a catch 22 .

No ,caste based oppression or discrimination didn't happen 500 years ago. It still continues to happen in this country . Even now as we speak. From stereotypical things like not being allowed to drink water from well or getting beaten for riding a mare during a wedding to ostracism at educational insitutions ,bullying , denial of housing , exclusion at the workplace etc. When a building as a policy that requires the maid to take the stairs and never the elevator it's not just discrimination against blue collar workers ,caste and people's obsession with it have a a role to play there. And we still have a system that keeps some people confined to the horrors of caste in one way or the other. Thats what RG was hinting at. Putting Mallikarjun Kharge at the top is probably just a hollow attempt by the Congress at 'inclusivity' ,we don't know if he has any real say or power but that doesn't make RG's point comparable to the ravings of a drug addict like Kangana. Not speaking about caste is not going to make it go away. I don't want to get into the reservation debate but when you're so deep in denial of the problem maybe it colours your view. Reservation and meritocracy aren't really mutually exclusive . Replace Dalit with women and see how that sounds. Men still tell us we are playing the victim card when we talk about representation or equal pay or anything that challenges the status quo.

the whole point of removing caste based discrimination is to first stop asking people what is your caste? I have no idea what my ancestors’ caste is..I’m guessing we were a business family so perhaps we are the least controversial one. But honestly growing up..no one ever asked anyone around me..which caste you belong to. Men are men..women are women..there should not be a ohh but she is a Dalit woman or a Brahmin woman or a Kshatriya..That is exactly where we have completely failed as a country. The fact that we still ask or care..thats the first step to this problem never getting solved. And where the discrimination still happens..it should be addressed absolutely..but they are not the ones benefiting from reservations atm..rather the Dalit card is being exploited by rather well off ones..whose parents are civil service officers and yet their kids use the Dalit card…it’s a crime to be general category in India..diversity and inclusion ke naam pe..undeserving people are getting posts of those who worked bloody hard for it...we have teachers who are not experts in their subject..we have doctors who can’t medically treat people properly..and they still want to remove the damn cap. Reservation was a short term solution…maybe I’m in denial because I did not experience it first hand..I come from a metro city…getting personal just because I have an opinion ..usual IF stuff ..some country made an obese women their beauty queen..so in the name of equality and breaking glass ceiling..we will now promote unhealthy lifestyle too.
MaxMayfield thumbnail

Fashionista Circle

Originally posted by: CuckooCutter7

caste based reservations were enacted in 1950 and were supposed to be for only 10 years. They were supposed to lapse in 1960. But these pappu congress walas kept it going for their vote bank politics.

It's now very cynical of congress to demand reservations for govt jobs that impact the governance of the country. When it comes to her personal wellbeing, Sonia Gandhi is flying overseas for checkups. She is not seeing reservation doctors, is she?

as for caste for beauty contests, is this pappu character for real? How does someone end up with such a low IQ as his?

they think they are countering the religious card with the caste card..meanwhile minority is absolutely thriving with no dip in their number count ..while Hindus are back to internal fighting..we will never learn. I guess RaGa will become the PM one day and that’s when everyone will realize how the previous PM was so much better..also he is still around because the liberals have daddy zoned him and will overlook any bakwaas he or Mamta do…I mean Mamta is literally threatening civil unrest and no one can do anything about it...is simply shocking and sick.
SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CuckooCutter7

Reservation was never meant to lapse after 10 years. This is just a lie that has been repeated over the years. (The 10 period limit applied only to election of representatives to the assemblies ) . If that were true what's the point of having it in the first place? It's like saying affirmative action in the U.S was supposed to last 15 years after the Civil Rights Movement and by 1982 Black America would have magically arrived on an equal footing as whites . After making such claims you really shouldn't be saying somebody else has a low IQ .