Poll

How many of you’ll are legacy viewers? Whether that be from Gen 1, 2 or 3?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 26 days ago

I am a legacy viewer. I would say that Gen 4 is more connected to the legacy than Gen 3. What connects one gen to another, and to shows legacy as a whole is the essence of previous gen fl. Current leads mother

Akshara M had a powerful, very prominent presence in Gen 2. Through the lehenga, custom-made for Naira. Through the teachings that she gave Naira and the ones, she could not. She was kept alive through her husband, kids, parents, and family memories.

Every time Naira or Naksh turned to Akshara s photo for guidance, support or just to rant. When Rajeshri told Swarna off the latter claimed that Rajshri could not understand her pain of losing her child.

Naitik remembers her on Naira's wedding day. etc.

So, when I watch Gen 1 and follow it up with Gen 2. I can feel all those emotions that Naira/Naksh/Naitik/Rajshri feel.

Similarly, AKshu has a very strong presence in Gen 4. She is kept alive in Abhira and Manish's memories. They are flashbacks now and then. Abhira also has similarities to Naira which was noticed by Manish in the very first episode. A lot in common between Naitik and Kartik too. So, as someone who has watched all gens, I feel connected to these little things that connect Abhira to previous gen

Sure, Abhira is unaware of her legacy right now. But even while being kept in the dark about her true identity, she still embodies so much of her ancestors. It's just adds another layer mystic to the whole thing

That's also the reason Abhira visiting Goenka House on Pagphere is one of my favorite episodes.

This was lacking in Gen 3, because where was Naira? Sure AKshu remembered her now and then. But she hardly had any memories of her mother. It was all so scarce

Naira's presence was so diminished in Gen 3. It felt disconnected

They have rectified these mistakes in Gen 4. They have added these little characteristics of Abhinav, Naitik, Kartik, Naira, Akshara M , AKshu in Abhira

Edited by Agni_Jytsona - 26 days ago
barbieflora thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 6

Randomly came across an Instagram reel of Abhira and old Armaan, and was intrigued by their chemistry.

Even now I watch it sporadically because deeply involved hona is not good for my mental peace.

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Team Critics

The results are susprising ..smiley42

Anyways.. watching yrkkh frm episode # 1 ..I still remember the date, it was 13th Jan 2009..not watching ever since , ofc smiley36

well , i believe the true essence of yrkkh died with the singhanias somewhere around thw time naira died....abhira has nothing of her predecessors , I take it as abhinavs legacy and not aksharas ..dkp fckd up their show in the last season and continues that legacy ..

Anyhow..o kanha ofc , all the songs at the time of akshara are memorable , only a few were added to kaira , mostly their own tracks like yahan wahan hai tu , which were beautifully composed ..but the song which actually connected me to yrkkh was "son chiraiya"..when I heard this song in the 5th or 6th episode of yrkkh , my daughter was 3 yrs..now she's 19 ..that time I used to cry listening to that song n dream of my daughters bidai ..ab woh bhi time aa gaya..

Foe dkp this show must be a cash cow & they mercilessly destroy the legacy they created but anyhow I'm so thankful to them for giving us those moments which can be cherished even today..

Edited by Krinya - 26 days ago
Rsrockz thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 2

Agree S1 was realistic, drama free and relatable. OG Akshara had character growth but without any awkward twists and turns. She's grown along with her family, Her bonding with everyone in the serial is very special and she's probably how a girl lives her newly married life.

Originally posted by: --Priyaa--

Totally I agree, I loved season 1 it was simple and relatable. Yes, I really loved how they showed the Rajasthani culture beautifully and the family bonds were sweet. No negative characters but mostly characters who took the wrong decisions and later admitted it. There were no cliche plots where sisters chase the same guy,multiple separations,blame game. But by the middle of season 2 the show spiraled down and turned a mess.

Avalayarima thumbnail
Posted: 25 days ago

I watched all 4 seasons! Season 1 is always going to be the favorite. It’s the reason people are not giving up on the show. It’s only full of misunderstandings and mistakes. Nobody was really evil. It’s simple and relatable. Season 2 was the worst for me. The only good thing is that the producers invested on good expensive costumes and make up. I don’t think Naira and Naitik have been happy for more than 2 days! Very sad life! Too many separation and divorce. They had good chemistry but never a good fit! Season 3 has Very beautiful looking couple, but also a misfit! Abhi loves and is obsessed with Akshira, but Akshira loves only her sister! She is too “Ms goody “ for me. She makes decisions and sacrifices that doesn’t even make sense at all. She had zero logics in her irrational reasons to help. It’s hard to swallow her character. But the actress is so beautiful . Season 4 is ok so far, but I find zero reasons on why Ruhi is obsessed with Armaan. There is zero logic! Also, I don’t understand why Manish and the ladies will hate his Akshira and her family just because of a mistake (let’s assume she actually killed Ruhi) there is no logic in letting Akshira go when Ruhi could have been given to her paternal grandparents until she is out of the truma. How is manish sister in law living in another man’s house when she has husband and twin boys alive? Over all , from season 1 to 4, I have how important characters disappear without explanation.

Edited by Avalayarima - 25 days ago
mithilalovesksg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Originally posted by: Agni_Jytsona

I am a legacy viewer. I would say that Gen 4 is more connected to the legacy than Gen 3. What connects one gen to another, and to shows legacy as a whole is the essence of previous gen fl. Current leads mother

Akshara M had a powerful, very prominent presence in Gen 2. Through the lehenga, custom-made for Naira. Through the teachings that she gave Naira and the ones, she could not. She was kept alive through her husband, kids, parents, and family memories.

Every time Naira or Naksh turned to Akshara s photo for guidance, support or just to rant. When Rajeshri told Swarna off the latter claimed that Rajshri could not understand her pain of losing her child.

Naitik remembers her on Naira's wedding day. etc.

So, when I watch Gen 1 and follow it up with Gen 2. I can feel all those emotions that Naira/Naksh/Naitik/Rajshri feel.

Similarly, AKshu has a very strong presence in Gen 4. She is kept alive in Abhira and Manish's memories. They are flashbacks now and then. Abhira also has similarities to Naira which was noticed by Manish in the very first episode. A lot in common between Naitik and Kartik too. So, as someone who has watched all gens, I feel connected to these little things that connect Abhira to previous gen

Sure, Abhira is unaware of her legacy right now. But even while being kept in the dark about her true identity, she still embodies so much of her ancestors. It's just adds another layer mystic to the whole thing

That's also the reason Abhira visiting Goenka House on Pagphere is one of my favorite episodes.

This was lacking in Gen 3, because where was Naira? Sure AKshu remembered her now and then. But she hardly had any memories of her mother. It was all so scarce

Naira's presence was so diminished in Gen 3. It felt disconnected

They have rectified these mistakes in Gen 4. They have added these little characteristics of Abhinav, Naitik, Kartik, Naira, Akshara M , AKshu in Abhira

I agree with each and every word here I am the who watched whole gen 1 gen 2 till naira was there gen 3 couldn't connect akshara character was too blah for me got connected after abhinav entry only liked abhinav Part gen 4 is ok after rp I loved abhimann more frankly earlier it was only abhira ...

Seerat legacy they have themselves ruined with aarohi first still that girl became good after sometime and strong also but ruhi they have made so cheap that redemption also will not help ......

Anjali1201K thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I also like it when they show the legacy connection. I started watching regularly since gen 2 (Kaira entry) and have seen few episodes of gen 1 also. Personally, I feel that each season can be watched as a seperate story (different types of love/marriage: arranged marriage, friends to love marriage, love at first sight, second chance and marriage under strained situation) so it's nice when they show a thread connecting all of them as a reminder of where it all started.
SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

I watched Gen 1, and at the time I was a big fan of ITV and watched several shows, and was very active on IF, then I took a long break. I did not watch Gen 2 at all and watched Gen 3 on and off after the major leap and entry of Abhinav. Watching Gen 4 consistently after RPs entry, really like the main leads chemistry and want to see what happens after the IR.

Let's see what happens.

Edited by SIP1997 - 25 days ago
Bibliophiles thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: barbieflora

Randomly came across an Instagram reel of Abhira and old Armaan, and was intrigued by their chemistry.

Even now I watch it sporadically because deeply involved hona is not good for my mental peace.

💯I too feel Abhira & Armaan 1.0's chemistry was very intriguing & very real ,organic & flawless just like KAIRA or other memorable couples. They complemented each other soo well, that it all felt real. They looked too cute & beautiful together., no matter what people say & go gaga over Armaan 2.0 & Abhira can never recreate the same camaraderie & charm like OG ARMAAN- ABHIRA. They even being in the same frame, screamed chemistry. The fire was real . Wo cringey & clingy scenes ke mohtaaj nahi the to stir sensation through their chemistry

Missing Shehzada-Samriddhi as Arman-Abhira

I too watch their scenes sporadically

I would always prefer Armaan 1.0 & Abhira...and I miss them very much. We've been brutally robbed off an amazing couple by shrewd DKP.

Edited by Bibliophiles - 25 days ago
Rsrockz thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 24 days ago

True, except S1 this serial is illogical to the hilt.

IMO Akshu character was butchered and hence I can't see abheera because she's Akshu the freeloader's daughter.

If there's any ounce of OG Akshara genes in Akshu, she wouldn't do such a thing. I'm all for moving on but the way they dangled the kasauli plot it was puke worthy 🤮🤢

I'm not against people or individuals, it's just the characters which have been butchered to the point of no return.

Manish being a grandparent did nothing to Akshu despite talking so much about caring for her and how much he loved Akshu the most of all his grandchildren.

I admired Naav for helping Akshu but they've overdone his LOVE and made him drop with his contribution in hiding the truth of Abhir, they could've ended abhira couple fair and square by letting abhi know what he's done on the fateful day. But slowly as the events unfolded it felt like abhi wasn't totally wrong (while he's WRONG abandoning his pregnant wife)

They must've assumed tearing the fans to take sides gives them TRP but it does the damage of losing face value for their characters, eventually having to wind up the serial.

I've lost interest for this very reason because their lack of creativity can be found from their rinse and repeat plotlines and plotholes which are bigger than the potholes on flood ravaged Indian roads.

Originally posted by: Avalayarima

I watched all 4 seasons! Season 1 is always going to be the favorite. It’s the reason people are not giving up on the show. It’s only full of misunderstandings and mistakes. Nobody was really evil. It’s simple and relatable. Season 2 was the worst for me. The only good thing is that the producers invested on good expensive costumes and make up. I don’t think Naira and Naitik have been happy for more than 2 days! Very sad life! Too many separation and divorce. They had good chemistry but never a good fit! Season 3 has Very beautiful looking couple, but also a misfit! Abhi loves and is obsessed with Akshira, but Akshira loves only her sister! She is too “Ms goody “ for me. She makes decisions and sacrifices that doesn’t even make sense at all. She had zero logics in her irrational reasons to help. It’s hard to swallow her character. But the actress is so beautiful . Season 4 is ok so far, but I find zero reasons on why Ruhi is obsessed with Armaan. There is zero logic! Also, I don’t understand why Manish and the ladies will hate his Akshira and her family just because of a mistake (let’s assume she actually killed Ruhi) there is no logic in letting Akshira go when Ruhi could have been given to her paternal grandparents until she is out of the truma. How is manish sister in law living in another man’s house when she has husband and twin boys alive? Over all , from season 1 to 4, I have how important characters disappear without explanation.

Edited by Rsrockz - 24 days ago