Poll

How many of you’ll are legacy viewers? Whether that be from Gen 1, 2 or 3?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Baarish_Sim thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 26 days ago

As the show pops up on my feed, I am realizing how much of my interest in the show derives from its legacy. I’ve grown up with the show and all its generations. As much as I love Naira and Akshu for their characterization or acting, I can’t deny that I love their characters as legacies. Those scenes that tie them in with previous generations are always my favourite. But this generation just feels like a huge disconnect from previous generations. A part of that is Abhira not knowing her heritage, but also the lack of consistency from the makers. O’Kanha is not a bhajan Abhira heard from a Mandir - it’s her Mumma’s legacy and memory, something Abhira’s mentioned multiple times. So her saying bhajan doesn’t make sense and feels disrespectful. I feel like even if the reveal happens, the connection or tributes won’t be there. So as it furthers away from the legacy and essence of YRKKH, I’m sure my interest fades as well. What about you guys? Does the legacy connection feel important to you?

Edited by Baarish_Sim - 26 days ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mandeep123 thumbnail
I love the scenes where they show all four leads in a single frame, as they did during O kanha in Today 's episode. Also loved the rose petal falling on heroine in the entry scene and all the leads in single frame connecting the legacy. Hina season happens to be my favourite with Daddaji, Rajshree , Vishambhar, Gaytri etc. Also loved Naira generation. Mohsin and Shivangi had amazing chemistry. The content too was great. Loved Harshad as Abhimanyu. I wish they should not have separated Abhimanyu and Akshra on that harsh and irreparable a track. I personally don't like leads getting married to anyone other than the lead, that's why I didn't like Mussoorie track of Akshra , Abhinav. Didn't like the way cvz made it toxic with Arohi, Manjari and now Roohi. I thought Rajan would mend his mistake of past season. Negativity doesn't work in a show like Yrkkh. In this generation he should have taken the Bidaai turn with sisters ( a former show by. For Rajan himself) . For a change why can't they marry the daughters in two different families? It's so done and dusted to have them as devrani jethani!
tellybuff thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I have watched this show right from the beginning.Loved loved the gen 1 episode..Gen 2 liked it a bit but got really put off after Naira dies and they bought seerat.Gen 3 was ok ,used to watch on and off.This gen 4 episode feel all over the place .Lot of loose ends here and there.Not warmed up to the actors also yet

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Legacy viewer, but 1st and 3rd generation pura dekha hai. Gen 2 some parts have seen, but not every episode.

tellybuff thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I completely agree with you.The bhajan track would have been a great way of showing the connect and she saying she heard it in a mandir is really so blah..I feel I have more connect to this bhajan than abhira.Its really a legacy ..The writers should not have wish washed it this way..Actually I am fuming thinking about the way they have handled.Yeh rishta gen 1 is something some of us have grown up with and just ignoring some major part of the earlier generation is like disrespecting the viewers too

Rsrockz thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hi Simmy ji I hope you're well. I loved and watched S1 till Duggu was grown-up to school going naughty boy. Never watched S2, but watched S3 till abhira wedding ever since on and off. S4 I've never watched. I belong to a family which is more like the S1 mostly beautiful relationships and respected family environment. So, this EMA Bhabhi jeth romance, married woman being in ambiguous relationships, pregnant woman being deserted and married woman freeloading someone else is beyond my comprehension. S1 is truly an emotion, OG Akshara is a very well thought out character etched in my memory for being the docile yet powerful woman, and epitome of typical Indian woman. The other FLs I've seen pale in comparison to her. O kanha is an emotion for me and connects with the YRKKH legacy, RS uncle might run the serial and make money but prolonging it like this spoils the legacy the serial could've left him.

Originally posted by: Baarish_Sim

As the show pops up on my feed, I am realizing how much of my interest in the show derives from its legacy. I’ve grown up with the show and all its generations. As much as I love Naira and Akshu for their characterization or acting, I can’t deny that I love their characters as legacies. Those scenes that tie them in with previous generations are always my favourite. But this generation just feels like a huge disconnect from previous generations. A part of that is Abhira not knowing her heritage, but also the lack of consistency from the makers. O’Kanha is not a bhajan Abhira heard from a Mandir - it’s her Mumma’s legacy and memory, something Abhira’s mentioned multiple times. So her saying bhajan doesn’t make sense and feels disrespectful. I feel like even if the reveal happens, the connection or tributes won’t be there. So as it furthers away from the legacy and essence of YRKKH, I’m sure my interest fades as well. What about you guys? Does the legacy connection feel important to you?

shwetha85 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Season 1 was the only generation wherein there was absolutely NO negative character. It was all about Rajastani traditions and family values. All that died ever since season 2. Now this immortal show is just a rotten vegetable with fungi growing in and out of it. Nothing positive left in it.

Rsrockz thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 2

YOU ARE BANG ON shwetha ji 💯smiley41

Originally posted by: shwetha85

Season 1 was the only generation wherein there was absolutely NO negative character. It was all about Rajastani traditions and family values. All that died ever since season 2. Now this immortal show is just a rotten vegetable with fungi growing in and out of it. Nothing positive left in it.

--Priyaa-- thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 19 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shwetha85

Totally I agree, I loved season 1 it was simple and relatable. Yes, I really loved how they showed the Rajasthani culture beautifully and the family bonds were sweet. No negative characters but mostly characters who took the wrong decisions and later admitted it. There were no cliche plots where sisters chase the same guy,multiple separations,blame game. But by the middle of season 2 the show spiraled down and turned a mess.

shwetha85 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: --Priyaa--

Totally I agree, I loved season 1 it was simple and relatable. Yes, I really loved how they showed the Rajasthani culture beautifully and the family bonds were sweet. No negative characters but mostly characters who took the wrong decisions and later admitted it. There were no cliche plots where sisters chase the same guy,multiple separations,blame game. But by the middle of season 2 the show spiraled down and turned a mess.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I think you quoted my post and tagged the someone else or vice versa. smiley1