Stuck indefinitely with no way out

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

No I am not talking about this forum

Imagine going to a far away locale for a week long trip and unable to get out cz your car broke down and there's no other means of transportation to get out, you're stuck there not knowing when you'll return or worst case scenario - if you'll return

.And resources are running out, including your muscle mass and bone density

I am talking about the two astronauts who went for a nine day mission to space in Boieng Spaceliner and unable to return cz that space shuttle Boieng spaceliner broke down.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail

They started the trip on June 6, return date was June 14 of the same year but now they say it won't be before Feb 2025

So what's with Boieng? Once the leader in aviation, now turned into a parody movie

Planes falling down midflight, Doors flying midflight, bolts from doors coming loose...

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so dangerous

Edited by TotalBetty - 1 months ago
Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Don't say stuck forever... they will return in February 2025 as mentioned by Nasa. Yes, it is really unfortunate that they were not able to return as scheduled but they will be back.

TotalBetty thumbnail

Yes, NASA decided Saturday it's too risky to bring two astronauts back to Earth in Boeing's troubled new capsule, and they'll have to wait until next year for a ride home with SpaceX

Btw two boeing whistle-blowers, who talked about quality issues in boeing were found dead, the third one is now in fear of his life

TotalBetty thumbnail

This makes me wonder if the moon landing conspiracy theoristsa are not that crazy

In 2024 USA cannot send (or bring back) a couple of astronauts just 250 miles up in space, but in the late 60s, when there was no internet, cellphone, microwave and other technologies they managed to send people, to the moon - which is 238,900 miles far - and bring them back safely, all according to schedule 🤷‍♀️

Palak2812 thumbnail

I still don't know why they went in Boeing as it always have caused troubles.

jonkibri thumbnail
That's a terrifying situation in space and a remote location! Imagine being cut off from the world with no clear way of returning and resources dwindling. For astronauts, the stakes are even higher. Hopefully, space agencies have contingency plans for such emergencies, but it's a stark reminder of the risks involved.