Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 25 days ago

Damn IVC and it's sites... I had awful time mugging them in schoolsmiley36 I remember fighting my teacher because question said site in India and I wrote about Koti Diji, suktagendor, Amri and Mohenjodaro which are all in Sindh. He cut my answer because sindh is in Pakistan and I went hulk saying what Pakistan? The country isn't even 100 years old while we're writing about 2600BC ofc they're Indiansmiley36smiley36smiley36 mein marks leke hi manismiley15

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

What I find really fascinating is their town planning.

Their bricks were all in 1:2:4 ratio, they cared for privacy, drainage, drinking water. They made elaborate arrangements so than drinking and sewage water isn't mixed. Drains were closed. Every house had a toilet! Something we struggle even today....

Had long trade routes from Mesopotamia to Meluhha to Iran to Oman. Only few sites have fortifications means they didn't engage much in wars and conflicts. Makes me think they were highly educated and upmarket merchant class and businessmen.

Lingas and yonis were worshipped. Indicates fertility I think. Today there are Mahadev bhakts that don't know what shivling stands forsmiley7

They didn't adapt Papyrus like in Mesopotamia and continued with seals. Neither were kind to us to equip us with knowledge to decipher their script. Maybe they didn't care to leave a legacy 🤷

It's really sad that regions which were so classy and flourishing ones from IVC to middle history are soo repressive and regressive todaysmiley18

devashree_h thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanskruthi

Their bricks were all in 1:2:4 ratio, they cared for privacy, drainage, drinking water. They made elaborate arrangements so than drinking and sewage water isn't mixed. Drains were closed. Every house had a toilet! Something we struggle even today....

Had long trade routes from Mesopotamia to Meluhha to Iran to Oman. Only few sites have fortifications means they didn't engage much in wars and conflicts. Makes me think they were highly educated and upmarket merchant class and businessmen.

Lingas and yonis were worshipped. Indicates fertility I think. Today there are Mahadev bhakts that don't know what shivling stands forsmiley7

They didn't adapt Papyrus like in Mesopotamia and continued with seals. Neither were kind to us to equip us with knowledge to decipher their script. Maybe they didn't care to leave a legacy 🤷

It's really sad that regions which were so classy and flourishing ones from IVC to middle history are soo repressive and regressive todaysmiley18

This has been issue with our civilization. We did not document much even in Common Era.

They really planned their cities well. Something we lack in modern Era. They discovered sewage and drainage. Weights. They seemed to be pretty intelligent people. But they forgot to tell us their story.

Abc775 thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Sanskruthi

Yes, they had robust town planning and the streets were in grid pattern to prevent traffic congestion with lamp posts at regular intervals.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Sindhi doesn't have script, it was written using Persian script in parts of Sindh and in Gujarat , it's written using Gujarati script.

Regarding IVC scripts, we don't have enough characters to put it together into a proper decipherment unlike the Egyptian and Sumerian tablets.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: devashree_h

This has been issue with our civilization. We did not document much even in Common Era.

They really planned their cities well. Something we lack in modern Era. They discovered sewage and drainage. Weights. They seemed to be pretty intelligent people. But they forgot to tell us their story.

It's not that they didn't document, it was documented but hasn't survived - owing to natural reasons - tropical climate, etc.

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

Sindhi doesn't have script, it was written using Persian script in parts of Sindh and in Gujarat , it's written using Gujarati script.

Regarding IVC scripts, we don't have enough characters to put it together into a proper decipherment unlike the Egyptian and Sumerian tablets.

Ok err i don't know that but it was written in Arabic style not in gujrati style..my mom my dad and even my hubby can read and write in Sindhi

That's what we know since ages

But origins now i don't know

Abc775 thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

Yes sindhi is written in Khudabadi script I guess and persian is also used. Script ka I don't know much but while speaking many words are similar to Gujarati and Kutchi

Edited by Abc775 - 25 days ago
Abc775 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatterbox

Ok err i don't know that but it was written in Arabic style not in gujrati style..my mom my dad and even my hubby can read and write in Sindhi

That's what we know since ages

But origins now i don't know

Yes language ka origin, I also don't know but once out of curiosity I googled about sindhi history so it was there that ki originally people residing near sindh river area as their origin

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 24 days ago

Originally posted by: Abc775

Yes language ka origin, I also don't know but once out of curiosity I googled about sindhi history so it was there that ki originally people residing near sindh river area as their origin

I read here ABT sindhi origins script etc and searched myself it was khudabadi something

That script is totally different..

Full Sindh has different locations and I think language changed accordingly

But nevertheless what I read here is enlightenment for me.