Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 26 days ago

Originally posted by: Abc775

The script was boustrophedon, written from right to left on one line and then from left to right in the next line. But the exact script and language is still undeciphered . Historians came to know about IVC/SSVC culture and society through various symbols embedded in seal like fish, boat, pashupati seal and sculptures like Mother Goddess etc.

Bousto what?? smiley3Baapre itni padhi likhi nahi main.

But right to left is in Urdu Arabic and Sindhi script

Left to right is what we use now

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: chatterbox

Bousto what?? smiley3Baapre itni padhi likhi nahi main.

But right to left is in Urdu Arabic and Sindhi script

Left to right is what we use now

Most Indo European scripts are left to right, Arabic family is right to left. Cuneiform(oldest known script)was initially top to bottom before becoming left to right.

Chinese script is still top to bottom

That is something new no history book has shown this

I though don't read the link but seems ancient Sanskrit..i can read bit of Sanskrit but here script looks different

We had Sanskrit in our school

Regarding mohenjo daro it's in larkana district in Sindh nwhich is now in Pakistan.

Mohenjodaro mound of the dead that's how it was known

But rest I can't remember much now

Even if I read Google posts nothing connects me. Mesopotamia civilization Egyptian civilization etc i read in school.

Then there is one more civilization dilmun civilization in middle east.

Have u heard of it

Sanskrit that we read today is in Devnagri script. It is a very recent script developed around 12th century. Before that Sanskrit was written in Brahmi Kharoshti and later Nagri scrips.

Kindly note that language and script are two different things. What we are writing here is English language in Roman script. Same script is used to write multiple languages, for example most of European languages of today are written in same European script.

The script was boustrophedon, written from right to left on one line and then from left to right in the next line. But the exact script and language is still undeciphered . Historians came to know about IVC/SSVC culture and society through various symbols embedded in seal like fish, boat, pashupati seal and sculptures like Mother Goddess etc.

I didn't know it was boustrophedon, I was of the opinion that if was written right to left.

Thankyou for this interesting information

By the way. Renowned archeologist Dr. B.B. Lal sir who related IVC/SSVC to Vedic culture actually had given a very interesting thing in his book

He had found a part of some pottery part on which was painted a crow, a pot with little water with pebbles around

Interestingly this scene is very similar to the ancient Indian children story of thirsty crow. The crow who was thirsty and found a pot with very less water which he couldn't drink so he started filling the pot with pebbles which brought the water level up and he was able to drink it.

This means that this story is not some few hundred years old but actually over 4000 years old in our country and has been passed onto us since generations

chatterbox thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Sanskrit that we read today is in Devnagri script. It is a very recent script developed around 12th century. Before that Sanskrit was written in Brahmi Kharoshti and later Nagri scrips.

Kindly note that language and script are two different things. What we are writing here is English language in Roman script. Same script is used to write multiple languages, for example most of European languages of today are written in same European script.

Yes it's devnagri script u r right

It goes like this

किं त्वं संस्कृतं वदसि

When u talk ABT Sanskrit there is old Sindhi language tooo

It goes from right to left in Arabic style

But for us who can't read or right then it was taught in devnagri way

My mother tongue is Sindhi

But i can't read or write in Sindhi language

Abc775 thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6

Yes it's devnagri script u r right

It goes like this

किं त्वं संस्कृतं वदसि

When u talk ABT Sanskrit there is old Sindhi language tooo

It goes from right to left in Arabic style

But for us who can't read or right then it was taught in devnagri way

My mother tongue is Sindhi

But i can't read or write in Sindhi language

Same, I also cannot read or write Sindhi smiley6

chatterbox thumbnail

Same, I also cannot read or write Sindhi smiley6

You too sindhi girl.

Kya baat hai.

Abc775 thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6

You too sindhi girl.

Kya baat hai.

Yes I am also sindhismiley1

devashree_h thumbnail
Posted: 25 days ago

Let's talk IVC genetics now.

It's noted by Archaeologists, that IVC people had ancestry of Ancient Iran related and South Asian Hunter Gatherers.

You can check this paper from Nature,

https://www.nature.com/articles/nindia.2019.121

The DNA belongs to a woman who was buried four to five millennia ago in Rakhigarhi, now part of Haryana in India. Her genes point to an ancestry of ancient Iranians and Southeast Asian hunter-gatherers.

Most Indians have major part of this Ancestry.

Edited by devashree_h - 25 days ago