Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 27 days ago

Originally posted by: devashree_h

There are no rules or regulations for posting in this topic. I am just happy you are discussing with me.smiley1

I will check out the link later, but Mesopotamians called IVC/SSVC as Meluha.

Remember the book 'Immortals of Meluha'.

The origin of if term Meluha is yet not known. The only way we know about it is through an inscription.

Unfortunately the script of SSCV has not been deciphered so probably we might never know who they were

devashree_h thumbnail
Posted: 26 days ago

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

The origin of if term Meluha is yet not known. The only way we know about it is through an inscription.

Unfortunately the script of SSCV has not been deciphered so probably we might never know who they were

AI might be able to decipher it. AI was able to decipher language of whales. This reminds me, there is a famous (Russian I think) Dravidologist, who claimed IVC language is not Dravidian. I will try to find his paper on that.

Abc775 thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6
Excavations work at Harappa began in 1920 by Daya Ram Sahni and at Mohenjodaro in 1921 by R. D Banerjee. John Marshall, then Director General of ASI officially announced finding of IVC in 1924 . Harappa had trade relations with contemporary Persian and Mesopotamian civilisations. Seals were significant in IVC/SSVC.
devashree_h thumbnail

I searched a lot for this. I had read it when this was first tweeted.

https://x.com/morningporch/status/1686527770715693056?t=x6MXaQnI1ZiOCJGg-JBs6w&s=19

Steve Bonta is a linguist who has affection for Dravidian languages but he thinks Indus script is early form of Sanskrit.

devashree_h thumbnail

Here is the discussion, it's 3 hours long.smiley36

https://www.youtube.com/live/rOZ21f3DKs4?si=npel0zDO1kkfxTsi

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: devashree_h

I searched a lot for this. I had read it when this was first tweeted.

https://x.com/morningporch/status/1686527770715693056?t=x6MXaQnI1ZiOCJGg-JBs6w&s=19

Steve Bonta is a linguist who has affection for Dravidian languages but he thinks Indus script is early form of Sanskrit.

Wow this is interesting.

There are few who claim to have deciphered the script but no confirmation as of now

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

That is something new no history book has shown this

I though don't read the link but seems ancient Sanskrit..i can read bit of Sanskrit but here script looks different

We had Sanskrit in our school

Regarding mohenjo daro it's in larkana district in Sindh nwhich is now in Pakistan.

Mohenjodaro mound of the dead that's how it was known

But rest I can't remember much now

Even if I read Google posts nothing connects me. Mesopotamia civilization Egyptian civilization etc i read in school.

Then there is one more civilization dilmun civilization in middle east.

Have u heard of it

devashree_h thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatterbox

That is something new no history book has shown this

I though don't read the link but seems ancient Sanskrit..i can read bit of Sanskrit but here script looks different

We had Sanskrit in our school

Regarding mohenjo daro it's in larkana district in Sindh nwhich is now in Pakistan.

Mohenjodaro mound of the dead that's how it was known

But rest I can't remember much now

Even if I read Google posts nothing connects me. Mesopotamia civilization Egyptian civilization etc i read in school.

Then there is one more civilization dilmun civilization in middle east.

Have u heard of it

Lots of research on IVC has been done in recent years. So, comparatively we had less information when we were in school.

I have not heard about Dilmun.

Abc775 thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6
The script was boustrophedon, written from right to left on one line and then from left to right in the next line. But the exact script and language is still undeciphered . Historians came to know about IVC/SSVC culture and society through various symbols embedded in seal like fish, boat, pashupati seal and sculptures like Mother Goddess etc.
devashree_h thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abc775

The script was boustrophedon, written from right to left on one line and then from left to right in the next line. But the exact script and language is still undeciphered . Historians came to know about IVC/SSVC culture and society through various symbols embedded in seal like fish, boat, pashupati seal and sculptures like Mother Goddess etc.

I had not heard about this.