simply.meghana thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Inspired by true events right here on IF smiley37 a mysterious spam message on some member's scrapbooks that I saved an image of (you can check Hriti's scrapbook for the message) inspired me to write this small OS smiley37

enjoy!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simply.meghana thumbnail

It was a hot summer evening, and Piya spent it reclining against Abhay’s bare chest while he read a book. They both sat before a running fan.

Piya was grateful that vampires were as cold as they were. He was her personal ice cube at the moment. Abhay was focused on his book, and she was on her phone, scrolling through some random forums online. It was rather monotonous, until she received a peculiar DM.

I know. I am myself. But i should tell you vampires in real life are not like the movies. Real vampires are vicious and dangerous and will crave blood every second in their life. It’s a bad idea. , immortality, become very powerful and dangerous, revenge, good life and freedom. Supernatural powers ,Nobody steps on you goes freely Its not a spell but i know what can turn you but i cant say on here because a lot of people might read this and i dont want a whole society of bloodsucking beasts. Contact them on their email and thank me later , I met someone that joined via this email: 👇👇contact :[email protected]

Piya snorted, drawing Abhay’s attention. Sure, maybe other vampires were dangerous, but he wasn’t. Some of the consequences listed weren’t necessarily bad either. What point was being made here? But she didn’t even need to defend Abhay because the message itself was absurd, full of spelling and grammatical errors, and unserious. She held her phone up to Abhay.

“You have to read this. Looks like someone has infiltrated your clans and is spreading secrets.” She giggled as Abhay took the phone from her and began to read it. “What a silly email address. Which vam community are you from, 25?”

Abhay’s brows lifted at the hilarity of the text.

“I’m half tempted to send an email to this address, just to see what would happen.”

“What if it’s a malicious email?”

“Only one way to find out. I too would like to know what else can turn folks into vampires, since clearly I don’t know myself.”

His voice dripped with sarcasm, but he did pull out his phone. He copied and entered the email address.

“What are you going to say?” Piya asked. Abhay paused in thought for a moment.

“How about I volunteer you to join vampire society?” He joked, pinching her cheek.

“We already discussed this. When it is to happen, you’re going to do it.”

“Why are you suddenly taking this message seriously? I haven’t forgotten my promise.”

“Okay, true. But what’s next?”

Abhay started typing out the details.

Hello, my girlfriend would like to join the vampire society. I received a message from someone who knew about the method.

And then he hit send. Now all they had to do was wait. It took 30 minutes for the reply to arrive. Piya wondered if this person had nothing better to do with their time. Abhay showed her his screen.

Very well, but knowledge comes at a price. Please make a bank transfer of the following amount to this account. Once that is made, we will impart the secret of vampirism.

There was a large sum at the bottom with a link to some sort of bank site. It looked in no way legitimate.

“What, do vampires have their own banking system? Is your currency backed by pints of blood?”

Abhay rolled his eyes after opening the link.

“So as expected, it’s a scam. But it is bold of this person to think we get paid to turn people. Maybe we should be, actually.”

But that would lead to a lot more vampires around. Maybe it was better that it was ‘volunteer’ based.

“Who would fall for this bullshit?” Piya remarked. Abhay gave her a look. Of course she knew one person who would fall for it given his delusions on the supernatural.

“Okay fine, he absolutely would. But never mind that.”

Abhay started typing again.

I cannot do that. I am from a poor family and don’t have enough to pay you. What else can I offer you?

He noticed these responses were coming in more quickly than the last. Surely this was the work of a basement dweller. Or someone who was extremely desperate.

That is okay. You can pay in installments.

“What are they, car salesmen?”

Abhay continued to respond.

I am not comfortable sending money through this bank. Can I pay in cash?

This time, the reply took much longer to show up, about an hour or so.

Very well. Where are you located?

Dehradun.

One of us will come to collect the first payment tomorrow around midnight. Here are the details. May the night be with you.

Abhay physically cringed at the last line, and shook his head. Actual vampires didn’t have weird lines like that. Piya burst into laughter, clutching her stomach. It started to hurt from laughing so hard, and she even started to cry.

“Are you actually going to go? Can I come too? I want to see how convincing this is.”

Abhay pondered for a moment, thinking that he could easily protect her if things went awry. He nodded.

“I don’t see why not. It shouldn’t be dangerous.”

The next day passed by quickly, and Piya spent the night at his place again so that they could leave together. They departed about half an hour before the meeting time. The exchange point was at the corner of a tea stall, far from people and closer to the shade of the forest trees. There weren’t any people around at this hour, so they could hang around without looking suspicious. Piya spent this time trying to guess what getup the collector would arrive in.

“Oh, what about those cloaks that some of the elder vampires wear?”

“Could be. Such cloaks are easy to get in the market.”

“What if they wear fake fangs?”

“That seems excessive.”

“Is it? If they already went this far with pretending, why not go the full length?”

Abhay was highly amused with Piya’s speculation, so much so that he didn’t immediately notice the collector arrive. That was because this collector wasn’t wearing anything over the top, just a casual black hoodie and jeans.

When Abhay caught another familiar scent in the area, he turned his head. The hood was on, but he still knew who it was.

“Sid?!”

Even then, he was still surprised. The collector was none other than Abhay’s brother Siddharth. The two brothers hadn’t seen each other in months since Sid left home to try and make it big without the family money. He claimed he was bored and wanted to try independence for a couple centuries. Vampires had it rough financially too it seemed.

Sid frowned, and took off his hood.

“My luck is the worst.” He muttered in disappointment.

Piya didn’t think an actual vampire was behind this. She recoiled, even though she knew that Sid also wasn’t dangerous. He held his hand out.

“Relax, I’m not going to eat you, Piya. And I certainly didn’t think that you two would be responding to my emails.”

Abhay crossed his arms and stared at him. All that was left was the foot tapping. Sid sighed.

“What? I’m broke, and I need the cash.” He tried to snatch the small wad of cash from Abhay, who backed off immediately.

“Ask mom for money. Why are you scamming people online?”

“Tsk tsk little brother, do you really have no idea how stupid some people are? I even sunk my teeth into a big catch recently. He’s convinced supernaturals are real and will go to any lengths to prove that. I got my payment two days ago!”

“Who did you scam?” Piya asked, already feeling like she knew the answer.

“Your dad. He’s quite gullible.” He pondered for a bit. “Maybe I’ll send him something as a consolation prize. I kinda feel bad for him.”

Abhay pinched the bridge of his nose and Piya shook her head. She should’ve known. Now she only hoped that Panchi wouldn’t try to get married again, as her wedding budget was probably dry by now.

“Let’s go, Piya.” Abhay said, teasing Sid with the money by waving it in his face and then snatching it away again. Sid knew a failure when he saw one and didn’t even try to fight. He put his hood back on and turned to run away. But then Abhay grabbed the back of the hoodie to stop him.

Then he started to drag him back. Piya was worried the hoodie would tear from the force both brothers were putting against each other.

“Hey! What happened to respecting your elders?!” Sid protested. “It’s not my fault people are stupid!”

Piya did think he had a point. Abhay shook his head.

After a bit of dragging, Sid let his clothes tear, and then he fled into the dense trees. Abhay didn’t try to catch him. Instead, he shrugged and held Piya’s hand as they walked back to the car.

“Let’s just hope he doesn’t lead Mr. Dobriyal to bankruptcy.” He said. Piya nodded in agreement.

Thorn.Princess thumbnail

Hey Bhaggu! You are really adamant on the vampires gone broke theme 😂

Abhay/Piya getting a kick in trying to scam the scammer and it turns out to be bade bhaiyya Sid and Uncle actually believing it is hilarious 😂

Keep writing! Loved reading it! 👏

simply.meghana thumbnail

I’ve learned that gareeb vampires are more fun to write smiley37 now I just need to do a middle class one smiley37

Edited by simply.meghana - 1 months ago
InfinitySoul thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

smiley37smiley37 Sid the scammer smiley37dobi uncles curiosity got him. Show vali piya b fasegi for sure. But is sid actually turning them into vampires?

Continue writing smiley41

Edited by InfinitySoul - 1 months ago
simply.meghana thumbnail

Originally posted by: InfinitySoul

smiley37smiley37 Sid the scammer smiley37dobi uncles curiosity got him. Show vali piya b fasegi for sure. But is sid actually turning them into vampires?

Continue writing smiley41

nah smiley37 that’s too much of a hassle for him smiley37 and I doubt anyone wants dobi uncle to become a vampire smiley37

back to the roommates story smiley37smiley41

InfinitySoul thumbnail

Originally posted by: simply.meghana

nah smiley37 that’s too much of a hassle for him smiley37 and I doubt anyone wants dobi uncle to become a vampire smiley37

back to the roommates story smiley37smiley41

nobody wants to see him as vampiresmiley37
simply.meghana thumbnail

nobody wants to see him as vampiresmiley37

One of the worst decisions by the makers smiley37

InfinitySoul thumbnail

Originally posted by: simply.meghana

One of the worst decisions by the makers smiley37

combine that with abhay as human and it was the final nail through the coffin. Honestly they had rather let him be dead and finished it there and then smiley37smiley37
simply.meghana thumbnail

combine that with abhay as human and it was the final nail through the coffin. Honestly they had rather let him be dead and finished it there and then smiley37smiley37

I hate sad endings but I would 100% want this over human Abhay smiley37