Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: e1t53e

You say you are not a liberal, but you are one of the most balanced liberals I met online. A liberal is the one who lets others live their life while they live theirs. It’s another thing that over a period of time the meaning is completely lost and become something else now.

Liberalism as a philosophy is more rooted on individual happiness and sometimes Individual happiness can harm the society..so that's why I don't consider myself a liberal because I don't believe as a philosophy it's good for the society.

Eg..I don't think LGBTQ is good for the society as it breaks the social fabric of the society...does it mean I want them to be harassed and discriminated?. Absolutely no!!

To live and let live is more like to be that of a tolerant person...a person who believes in liberalism can still be Intolerant..like a gay person can still hate me or attacks me for my outward muslim appearance...

Did I make sense?

Edited by sweet_chilly - 1 months ago
e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sweet_chilly

Liberalism as a philosophy is more rooted on individual happiness and sometimes Individual happiness can harm the society..so that's why I don't consider myself a liberal because I don't believe as a philosophy it's good for the society.

Eg..I don't think LGBTQ is good for the society as it breaks the social fabric of the society...does it mean I want them to be harassed and discriminated?. Absolutely no!!

To live and let live is more like to be that of a tolerant person...a person who believes in liberalism can still be Intolerant..like a gay person can still hate me or attacks me for my outward muslim appearance...

Did I make sense?

Titles and definitions can be confusing and open ended as they keep on evolving with the times and people. What doesn’t change is the basic human values like tolerance.

sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: e1t53e

Titles and definitions can be confusing and open ended as they keep on evolving with the times and people. What doesn’t change is the basic human values like tolerance.

Do read on Jeremy Bentham,JS Mill...they are considered as the founders of liberalism...

Edited by sweet_chilly - 1 months ago