Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: sharaban

This is the most balanced and apt review of Barzakh' first 5 episodes, by Aamna and Bass's, my two most favorite reviewers of Pskistani dramas...both are open minded, well educated, sophisticated, poised...and balanced at the same time.

Do watch from 47:30 time stamp.

https://youtu.be/GGM1sH4KC6A?si=ymXw6sPiaaSgj5Jl

incidentally they are my source for Pakistani drama reviews ( and some Indian content too which they do every now and then) and they rated the first 4 episodes very highly.

Edited by e1t53e - 1 months ago
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: e1t53e

incidentally they are my source for Pakistani drama reviews ( and some Indian content too which they do every now and then) and they rated the first 4 episodes very highly.

Good choice of reviewers.

They rated the episodes high for the making, but condemn the stuff that needed to be condemned with a balanced approach...not like fake madar pidar azaad liberals or pea brain sized conservatives, based on pure merit.

e1t53e thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

Good choice of reviewers.

They rated the episodes high for the making, but condemn the stuff that needed to be condemned with a balanced approach...not like fake madar pidar azaad liberals or pea brain sized conservatives, based on pure merit.

No they didn’t mention anything bad or controversial about the first 4 episodes and I haven’t followed up after that so not sure.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: e1t53e

No they didn’t mention anything bad or controversial about the first 4 episodes and I haven’t followed up after that so not sure.

It is there in the episode 5 review I just posted above.

sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Highheals

Are you trying to establish the fact that the whole population is rigid, non liberal n religiously fanatic and we shouldn't expect contrarian views n opinions????

What about indian muslims??? Are they open to accept and acknowledge the rights given to LGBTQ by the constitution over what quran says about this group???

I am an Indian Muslim and am absolutely against LGBTQ ,I avoid shows that feature them..but that's my preference..most Indian muslims share my opinion but not too strictly..we understand that other communities don't share our view and that's fine..to each his own...I have studied hindu scriptures in college and am totally aware that Hinduism doesn't have such notions...

But pakistan is a different matter...it doesn't matter what non muslims or non Pakistanis think.....Pakistan's constitution says that they will follow the Qur'an and Sunnah..so a show like Barzakh is unconstitutional in Pakistan...

Are there Pakistani's that are liberal..? absolutely..!!..go check the pakistan subreddit....like any muslim country..u will find atheist /liberals everywhere..!.

But not my country so not my problem... 😂..

But regardless of LGBTQ thing, those scenes featuring minors are not acceptable!!

Edited by sweet_chilly - 1 months ago
sweet_chilly thumbnail

@bold

Since I am here I'd like to see/meet them here only... I believe they have a huge presence here

Any names you recommend??

I know clochette somewhat... as she is a very vocal member on religion n politics..although i don't know if she is in favor of LGBTQ rights in pakistan.

I know some YTers like Syed Muzammil Shah( but his audience is mostly Indian Islamophobes and he seems to cater to that view..he doesn't have a balanced view and I find him too much simping for Indians)..one quick way is to just search aurat march on twitter or Google...they are mostly atheists and agnostics...

Edited by sweet_chilly - 1 months ago
sweet_chilly thumbnail

Why aren't pakistani liberals/atgiests on indiaforums though? We have a huge pakistani presence here....don't we???

Sorry but I am active here only and I like to meet athiests/liberals from Pakistan on indiaforums only....

Go to reddit..

India forums is mostly millennials who are here for nostalgia reasons..I doubt a new age Pakistani liberal would know the existence of IF

sweet_chilly thumbnail

So no chance of meeting any of them here I guess????

So then are all Pakistanis on here non liberals/ non athiests only??

No clue to be honest

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Innocent people getting cancelled for wrong reasons while those who should be get cancelled (generally speaking) for actually being vile are not. Nothing new.

More power to Fawad.

e1t53e thumbnail

You say you are not a liberal, but you are one of the most balanced liberals I met online. A liberal is the one who lets others live their life while they live theirs. It’s another thing that over a period of time the meaning is completely lost and become something else now.