Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Bekind

But Fawad khan character is married in the show. It’s his brother who plays a gay character and his name is also Fawad. I am still on 4th episode. The people who are abusing Fawad, I can bet they have not even watched the show and abusing him based on tik tok videos.

Myself and a majority are NOT condemning Fawad Khan at all...but the narrative, objective, intention and script of the drama, in totality.

sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

First of all Fawad is not playing a gay character,the one who plays his elder brother is the one...

I did watch the first few episodes and even if I ignore the LGBTQ,there were a lot of scenes that was too bold in my opinion even from an Indian Perspective..like a kid watching a man having a bath,kids listening to a couple having sex and one girl saying "meri mummy bhi yahi awaaz nikalti thi"....

And yes I get an average Indian hindu might feel that what is happening in Pak is wrong but u have to agree that it was a stupid decision on their part...the whole country was made on the name of Islam..and suddenly u r showing such a content...

Apart from that I didn't like the show in general...stopped it midway

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sweet_chilly

First of all Fawad is not playing a gay character,the one who plays his elder brother is the one...

I did watch the first few episodes and even if I ignore the LGBTQ,there were a lot of scenes that was too bold in my opinion even from an Indian Perspective..like a kid watching a man having a bath,kids listening to a couple having sex and one girl saying "meri mummy bhi yahi awaaz nikalti thi"....

And yes I get an average Indian hindu might feel that what is happening in Pak is wrong but u have to agree that it was a stupid decision on their part...the whole country was made on the name of Islam..and suddenly u r showing such a content...

They must've known the reaction it would cause but why did they still do it? Could it be they're trying to normalize this kind of stuff... First people as outraged, but the seed is planted and after a while people become numb to it like it's happening in the Western world

I've been saying, they're after our kids

What's happening in America is proof and now who would've thought they'd dare to push their agenda in Pakistan of all places

That lobby is soo... powerful, worlwide

People are suspicious (and can you blame them) that they're trying to normalize pedophilia and pederasty and other stuff too

sweet_chilly thumbnail

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

They must've known the reaction it would cause but why did they still do it? Could it be they're trying to normalize this kind of stuff... First people as outraged, but the seed is planted and after a while people become numb to it like it's happening in the Western world

I've been saying, they're after our kids

What's happening in America is proof and now who would've thought they'd dare to push their agenda in Pakistan of all places

That lobby is soo... powerful, worlwide

People are suspicious (and can you blame them) that they're trying to normalize pedophilia and pederasty and other stuff too

Yes,I watch a lot of Youth Club of Raja Zia and team videos .. US has been funding Pak for the LGBTQ agenda so this seems a part of that..

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

@bold: seriously? That sounds inappropriate for anyone. Hope the show is at least rated appropriately.

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

a kid watching a man having a bath,kids listening to a couple having sex and one girl saying "meri mummy bhi yahi awaaz nikalti thi"....

OMG...smiley3

This sounds so inappropriate smiley11

sweet_chilly thumbnail

Originally posted by: e1t53e

@bold: seriously? That sounds inappropriate for anyone. Hope the show is at least rated appropriately.

Yup that's the whole point .they advertised in the country that it's a return show for Fawad- Sanam and it's of 'international standard'...(Just watch the video of Nadia Khan praising the show)

I don't remember even a western show where an 8 year old says such a dialogue about her mom so I dunno what international audience they are catering too..

Oh there is also a scene where Fawad's kid makes a joke about necrophilia

Edited by sweet_chilly - 1 months ago
e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Yup that's the whole point .they advertised in the country that it's a return show for Fawad- Sanam and it's of 'international standard'...(Just watch the video of Nadia Khan praising the show)

I don't remember even a western show where an 8 year old says such a dialogue about her mom so I dunno what international audience they are catering too..

Oh there is also a scene where Fawad's kid makes a joke about necrophilia

Heck even my antennae rose up because of the zindagi Gulzar hai connection and FK. First couple of weeks I even followed the reviews and it was being reviewed positively. I was waiting for the show to end so that I can binge watch but thank God I am saved from it. Why the heck did Fawad approve such content? He was so proud of it actually, as per his interviews. smiley5

sharaban thumbnail

Fawad and Sanam about the controversial content

https://youtu.be/RXtBmIaSaE8?si=ZgIclxIG8pavS1Kv

sharaban thumbnail

This is the most balanced and apt review of Barzakh' first 5 episodes, by Aamna and Hassan, my two most favorite reviewers of Pakistani dramas...both are open minded, well educated, sophisticated, poised...and balanced at the same time.

Do watch from 47:30 time stamp.

https://youtu.be/GGM1sH4KC6A?si=ymXw6sPiaaSgj5Jl

---------------

Edited by sharaban - 1 months ago