Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Posted: 1 months ago

I have yet to finish Barzakh..but watched first three episodes..Homosexuality angle (Fawad (Zaroon wala) isnt even gay in it, its the other Fawad M's character which is)..so IDK why are they issuing death threats to Fawad Afzal Khan in the first place. Second - noone should be threatened sar tan se juda for playing a gay character - I am sorry but someone's sexual preference - how is it a CRIME?

also it is not surprising to me that very modern, progressive, secular, and fantastic thriving Republic of Pakistan is protesting against the show..they lap up other shows with marital rape, domestic violence, slaps and what not.. Sarmad Khoosat was even denied an award, just because he is gay..Pasoori singer was mocked and trolled and called behaya and besharam because he came out of the closet...Barzakh ofcourse is the worst of worst shows..BECAUSEEEE HAWWWWWWWW a man likes another man! OH no!

Thirdly..bringing India into a problem happening in Pakistan - bhai hum toh worst fascist country in the world hai..why are you comparing the great Pakistan to terrible dictatorial India man? Yes we ban movies, twitter, we indulge in hate politics, we are the most bakwaas people in the world. Maan liya. so I dont think its fair to compare India with Pak anyway.

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Fashionista Circle

Just to make it clear - Barzakh itself is not a great show - there are problems with its over indulgent screenplay and trying too hard to impress in every frame..its too artificial..but instead of discussing the real demerits of the show..everyone chose to pick on the homosexuality angle - that SUCKS.

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Having said that India’s seen rise in religious fanatism in recent years, comparing non-secular countries to India itself is a sign of delusion. smiley36 Both Pakistan and Bangladesh are prime examples of what excessive focus on religion and not keeping yourself up-to-date with modern value system can do to your own people. Wondering when will we learn ?

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Is this really surprising?

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Fashionista Circle

Totally forgot how things work on BWF...been away for so long aahhhh....noone really opens threads here to discuss movies or shows actually, and the posters as usual here with their veiled attacks on the only stable country in the Indian subcontinent....yeah its just another day on BWF..smiley36

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

Totally forgot how things work on BWF...been away for so long aahhhh....noone really opens threads here to discuss movies or shows actually, and the posters as usual here with their veiled attacks on the only stable country in the Indian subcontinent....yeah its just another day on BWF..smiley36

Can you be a little direct? coz i don't get it

I didn't make this into india pak at all..if you are in anyway hinting at me..i am just confused..but just to clarify i just posted what it is..no agenda here..i mean i am genuinely confused who you are hinting at..smiley29

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Fashionista Circle

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Can you be a little direct? coz i don't get it

I didn't make this into india pak at all..if you are in anyway hinting at me..i am just confused..but just to clarify i just posted what it is..no agenda here..i mean i am genuinely confused who you are hinting at..smiley29

Not you girl. the ones who do it, they know it. You opened the thread to discuss the problem and then the usual suspects came with their ohh but India does this and that. Discuss the damn thing at hand..and pretty sure they havent even watched Barzakh..
MaxMayfield thumbnail

Fashionista Circle

They are the ones who were having a problem when we were discussing another movie and saying things like we orgasm at the mention of Mahabharat. You dont like it..FINE. Nobody forced you to..who gave you a right to judge what we like? Check your foul language before talking about others..

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: zara321

It's about religion, these themes are not approved in Islam, and the majority of Pakistan is is Muslim, so how will they accept it?

Even in india, when something hurts Hindu sentiments it gets banned

India decriminalised homosexuality in 2018. It was a big step. We have a long way to go still, yet a bit of change has been ushered. Movies play a huge role in changing mentality. I mentioned youth coz I do not expect the older gen to understand. Hence one expects them to try and look beyond old beliefs and spread awareness.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

It’s India funded show. Fawad doesnt play the gay character