Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: zara321

The biggest problem was that this show was promoted to the pakistani audience, it was promoted as a show that people in Pakistan can watch, they also got people excited with fawad and sanam coming back onscreen after the big hit zindagi gulzar hai which was a show Pakistanis loved.

But the truth is the subjects shown in the show are not what the majority of the Pakistani population wants to watch, alot of what is shown is against Islam and what the majority of Pakistanis believe in. So this backlash should have been expected.

If this show was highlighted as being made for the international audience and not for the Pakistani audience then that would be a different matter, but it wasn't promoted that way

Things have to change somewhere. The youth atleast should support instead of being so regressive. May be the makers saw it as a starting point.

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

Great.

Islam is strictly against LGBTQ and there is a whole surah e loot against homosexuality in our Quran.

People in Pakistan did the RIGHT thing.

2024 or 3024, does not matter , what is forbidden, is forbidden, and lgbtq is there for thousands of centuries, not some maaaaadrun fad.

Moreover Barzakh is not just about promoting lgbtq as per an agenda (homosexuality track was totally unneccasiry in the narrative), it also shows sexual acts with children, it made fun of Islamic teachings, normalizing and promiting zina/adultery and made fun of the Islamic concept of Barzakh on many levels.

Also the so-called removal will be on 9th August, AFTER its finale episode, hence this controversy will give even more views now to Barzakh makers, mission accomplished..... Bravo 💪🏼✌🏼👌🏽👍🏼

I haven't watched the show so I can't comment on it authoritatively. But...

There's a consistency problem here. I'm not picking on religion but if we are gonna condemn acts of sexual nature involving children then Pakistani society as a religious group or the Muslim community in general has a LOT to think about . Let's just say , other than the instance that's frequently brought up by Hindutva hate mongers to bash Muslims there's another one that involves a minor who was also the same sex as the adult in question. That leaves a huge contradiction when people get offended by the idea of physical intimacy between two consenting adults of the same sex ,in the name of religion .

@ bold :-. Usually people who cancel others based on what's forbidden don't follow these religious diktats themselves. Does every Pakistani Muslim who is offended by the gay content stay away from alcohol ? Does each one of them refuse to hang family photos on their wall? If we are going to make reasonable changes , then respecting the rights of queer people is more than reasonable ,it's actually an obligation.

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

Things have to change somewhere. The youth atleast should support instead of being so regressive. May be the makers saw it as a starting point.

It's about religion, these themes are not approved in Islam, and the majority of Pakistan is is Muslim, so how will they accept it?

Even in india, when something hurts Hindu sentiments it gets banned

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

I haven't watched the show so I can't comment on it authoritatively. But...

There's a consistency problem here. I'm not picking on religion but if we are gonna condemn acts of sexual nature involving children then Pakistani society as a religious group or the Muslim community in general has a LOT to think about . Let's just say , other than the instance that's frequently brought up by Hindutva hate mongers to bash Muslims there's another one that involves a minor who was also the same sex as the adult in question. That leaves a huge contradiction when people get offended by the idea of physical intimacy between two consenting adults of the same sex ,in the name of religion .

@ bold :-. Usually people who cancel others based on what's forbidden don't follow these religious diktats themselves. Does every Pakistani Muslim who is offended by the gay content stay away from alcohol ? Does each one of them refuse to hang family photos on their wall? If we are going to make reasonable changes , then respecting the rights of queer people is more than reasonable ,it's actually an obligation.

I will give you a simple yet closing answer.

People and followers can do/can be wrong as twisted raw imperfect humans , religion can not be wrong.

Doing it behind the closed doors is one thing, promoting and trying normalizing it for the whole world via such massive media is another thing.

In Islam, faith/Imaan has three categories.

Buraai ko haath say rokna is the highest darja.

Condemning in with words is the second one.

And the most kamzor/weak darja of faith is buraai ko at least dil mein buraai samajhna, if one is not capable of doing anything else.

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: TorinoPasta

Regressive ....?

Youth....?

Support ...?

Change....?

This gandagi and jahaalat exists since centuries.

The youth should follow the teachings of their religion to live a productive, clean, nourished, natural and healthy life.

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: zara321

It's about religion, these themes are not approved in Islam, and the majority of Pakistan is is Muslim, so how will they accept it?

Even in india, when something hurts Hindu sentiments it gets banned

not really.PK became a blockbuster. Most of the OTT content has sub texts against Hinduism. Heck, in Open’hammer’ they were literally reciting Geeta during the lovemaking scene and the movie was again a blockbuster in India. Majority of Hindus don’t care and the few regressive voices don’t matter.

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: e1t53e

not really.PK became a blockbuster. Most of the OTT content has sub texts against Hinduism. Heck, in Open’hammer’ they were literally reciting Geeta during the lovemaking scene and the movie was again a blockbuster in India. Majority of Hindus don’t care and the few regressive voices don’t matter.

There was a big outcry on the nayanthara film Annapoorani for hurting Hindu sentiments, and it was removed from the streaming service.

Ramleela was stopped from being screened on the first two days of its release only over the assumption it might hurt Hindu sentiments, nobody had even seen the movie

And if things are not banned then protests happen, threats are made, deepika had a bounty on her head due to padmavat. And it's not just religion, things are banned due to political reasons aswell, monkey man did not release in india becuase of it apparently speaking out against a regime similar to the modi government. There were so many protests against srk and aamir becuase people thought they called india intolerant, people wanted them to leave the country.

And i can give many other examples, so yes, even in india things are protested against and banned over religious and political reasons

Edited by zara321 - 1 months ago
SavitaBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

I will give you a simple yet closing answer.

People and followers can do/can be wrong as twisted raw imperfect humans , religion can not be wrong.

Doing it behind the closed doors is one thing, promoting and trying normalizing it for the whole world via such massive media is another thing.

In Islam, faith/Imaan has three categories.

Buraai ko haath say rokna is the highest darja.

Condemning in with words is the second one.

And the most kamzor/weak darja of faith is buraai ko at least dil mein buraai samajhna, if one is not capable of doing anything else.

It's not an imperfection if people willingly choose to break certain rules and follow others. Like you said what's forbidden is forbidden and you either have to follow all the rules or not be hung up on them too much. You have to be consistent.

Why shouldn't it be normalised ? When homosexuality is the reality of a good chunk of people on the planet ,asking them to keep it hidden and away from the public view while heterosexuality is flaunted everyday is not reasonable. Yes there's the issue of shows and films squeezing in a gay story for the heck of it but those who are offended by it could just pick up the remote and change the channel.

When you use the word promotion you're implying it's possible to sway people one way or the other when it comes to sexual orientation if the pitch is good enough. When thats not true. If somebody shows you tantalizing content with same sex contact between two women, you're not gonna reconsider your heterosexuality and say " Hmmm this seems like a good thing, why choose to do this everyday ?" . I know for sure I'm not going to stop liking men no matter how many times I watch Nandita Das and Shabana Azmi making out. Watching people grinding themselves against trees on tv everyday is not going to make me think trees are sexy.

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: e1t53e

PK was NOT against core Hindu beliefs and teachings, AT ALL.

Let's talk when a movie is strictly based AGAINST the teachihgs and beliefs of Geeta and Hinduism just like Barzakh to the verge of being a planned toxic propegenda, and only then we will talk about being "progressive".

SavitaBarbie thumbnail

Disclaimer:- Not picking on Islam or Muslims.

There's this story of the Prophet sticking his tongue in the mouth of Hassan. It's rationalised with the argument that Hassan was thirsty and that it was common practice in those areas for parents or caregivers to exchange saliva with a thirsty child. Not sure how true that is but it gives you pause to put it mildly. Most people would see that as inappropriate physical contact. Not just by modern day standards.

Young boys in heaven. islamophobes go on about Aisha or the Hooris in Jannat. The 72 virgins who are waiting for the men. (What do women get ?) There's also the promise of young handsome boys frozen in time who would be going around serving drinks. WHY? Why are they young and why are they handsome? Why is this even mentioned? If someone tells me beautiful girls from Nagaland with silky hair and soft skin would be serving me at a salon I'd ask " Why are you telling me this? I'm there to fix my hair ,not to look at theirs". The boy-servants part doesn't explicitly mention any homosexual behaviour between them and the residents of Heaven but something is alluded to and it is extremely unnecessary.

There's a huge inconsistency problem here.

Conservative Muslims should take a good look at the contradictions , stop obsessing over forbidden stuff that doesn't affect them personally and focus on the good parts instead. And Hindus should stop fixating on the hijab or the oppression of Muslim women when our own society and scriptures are pretty hostile towards women .