Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bibliophiles thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Fats24

Andy, was he dressed according to an IAS officer or celebrity? I mean he's always dressed with his shirt buttons open ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„. I think the makers might be visiting our forumsmiley36.

I feel bad for Neil since even if it's makers fault people will pounce on him and blame him for everything and make it look like he's the boss. Poor guy.

Neil becomes scapegoat because the same pattern of MAXIMUM SHIRT BUTTONS OPEN was all over there in Ghum and now in this new show Megha as well. Jabki dono shows are of 2 diff. Production house, Costume designer & creatives are totally different too.

So, ML is started being considered accountable becz how come when both shows are from different PH, the buttonless pattern remain same

Edited by Bibliophiles - 1 months ago
mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Bibliophiles

Thankfully, you too agreed. An IAS officer's maximum shirt buttons opened irked me to such great extent, that I had to vent it out & draw attention of other audience & makers too

Although there's no uniform of an IAS like IPS Officer. But there's certainly a decorum of a public servant. A public servant must be very neat, elegant, sophisticated. And these makers are representing officers in their show like a ROWDY & unclassy๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅต

Every time I saw the shirt unopened, it made me think of this forum and chuckle. I figured that they have him as IAS officer so that he does not have to be in uniform. I have read newspaper articles of abandoned wives and marriage fraud but I have never read of it being investigated by IAS officer. They always mentioned police. So it seems strange to me that he is investigating in the first place. My guess is that he knows one of the girls who was frauded and hence, this is personal and not professional investigation.

Asur thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Haalim

You like controversial arcs smiley36

absolutely. It would be awesome to see their love beginning and things going south in flashbacks and it would be interesting to see how they pick up from where they left or if the dynamics have changed now. I'm expecting alot. Aren't I?smiley37smiley37
Bibliophiles thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

Every time I saw the shirt unopened, it made me think of this forum and chuckle. I figured that they have him as IAS officer so that he does not have to be in uniform. I have read newspaper articles of abandoned wives and marriage fraud but I have never read of it being investigated by IAS officer. They always mentioned police. So it seems strange to me that he is investigating in the first place. My guess is that he knows one of the girls who was frauded and hence, this is personal and not professional investigation.

Yupp, buttonless scenes reminded me of the scenes of that show & forum....๐Ÿ˜‚ It was considered an issue over there too, and rightfully so.

And yes, it looked quite absurd to me too that an IAS is investigating a marriage fraud & con man. These are all task of police force. Anyways, ITV shows are infamous for distorting laws & legalities of the real world

But then, I haven't seen the full episodes of Megha Barsenge only trailers & some clips of Ml's entry so I too won't be able to deduce anything about the narrative of the show surely. Let's see what is shown regarding the investigation as the show unfolds

Edited by Bibliophiles - 1 months ago
Fats24 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Asur

absolutely. It would be awesome to see their love beginning and things going south in flashbacks and it would be interesting to see how they pick up from where they left or if the dynamics have changed now. I'm expecting alot. Aren't I?smiley37smiley37

Cheeks, you're thinking too muchsmiley36

mango.falooda thumbnail

Given the number of official cases of abandoned brides (of foreign grooms) happen in Punjab, it makes sense the show is set in Amritsar. Want to see the show explore some of the reasons behind the phenomenon.

To be clear, marriage scam fraud is happening in different ways all over the country. Especially with online matrimony apps, it is more easy to get cheated.

The neighbour Jassi wasn't getting married and so the family got desperate and it led to a bad choice of marriage partner. Is it is desperation? Lack of choices? The show would have a little more depth if it looked at the psychology and not just paint things in a black and white kind of thinking.

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 months ago
Haalim thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Asur

You are expecting too much from a daily soap.

Apne soch ke ghodun par thoda sa qaabu rakhein behansmiley36

mango.falooda thumbnail

Can I just say that Megha is infuriatingly stupid????? She obviously is as stupid as her parents.

First, it is a nice thought that she wants to help out her dad but he has already failed at business multiple times. Instead of seeing the money as her inheritance from her grandmother, she wants to give the entire amount away? She thinks that will help out the family??

She didn't even stop to think about the importance of having one's own money and the importance of being independent. Instead, she wants to rely on Manoj -- a guy she met just a few days back and thinks he will support her blindly?

And she assumes that he will be onboard to just give away that money? One, if she wanted to use that money for her own purposes, she should have kept her mouth shut and they should have never told the groom's side.

Now, that it is in the open, no family in arranged marriage or love marriage will say, "oh no issues if she misuses it." Such idiotic thinking. Does she not know how the world operates??

At this rate, am going to be watching with glee when she breaks because right now, she is almost asking to be fleeced -- either by outsiders or by her own family.

mango.falooda thumbnail

Only character I am enjoying is Goldie aunty -- liked how she asked why her marriage failed despite investigation. She is in limbo -- neither married or divorced -- still she gets up in the morning, dresses up and does not want anyone's pity. Good for her!

AninditaB thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Today it was full of Arjun Talwar !! You guys should watch it. It gave me feel the way he uses only logic and not emotions as Neil said.